• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fear Of Food

brazeneye

//Miss World\\
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Three years ago my Aunt enrolled me into Weight Watchers with her, and I had never thought I had a problem with my weight (at my first weigh in I was 18, 143 pounds and 5'4).

Since then, I had stopped going to Weight Watchers, it triggered binge eating because I always felt deprived (they had me eating 18 points a day, which is the equivalent of 900 calories a day, they have since changed it, but now someone at my height and weight would be eating 1000, which is still too low), and the gains that I gained from the binge would just add up on the scales, and then it turned into a vicious cycle that lasted up until a little while, when I decided, hey, maybe the way to losing the weight and feeling good, getting over my fear of food,calories and binge eating would stop if I up my calories.

So far, from two years of restricting to 900 calories a day, I have gotten myself to 1200. I would like to go higher, but I am afraid that if I up my calories too fast I will gain the weight back that I have lost (I currently weigh 133 pounds, and I was previously about 147 at my highest).

But all this thinking of food is really starting to get to me mentally.. And I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions for me. I would like to be strong and fit, but not over the top, I want something I can maintain that I could benefit from for life.

well, speaking from someone who was recently a lot bigger. i understand your fear of foods, i guess i kind of have the same thing. i was eating a really low calorie diet to get from where i was to where i am (350 to 180 in less than a year). and i want to be able to gain a lot more muscle.... but the only way to do that is to get a little bit of fat back as well while your eating a lot to gain the muscle. but im doing it conservatively, i was eating around 3500 calories for 2-3 weeks and saw zero gain in weight, so im up to 4000 calories about per day, and its hard to tell if theres any real gain or not yet because ive always got food in me. but i can tell visually that im not getting fatter.

the best way to do it, is exactly how you thought already, up it slowly, id say since your intake is so low already only add 100 every 2 weeks until you get what you want. but it depends on what your eating already and what you do for workouts. if you want to gain a lot of muscle then make those 100 calories a good carbohydrate, like oats, which is what i did because iw as getting plenty of protein already. any other info on your current diet, what you eat, and what you do to exercise would be very helpful.

Do you do any weight training?

Jodi said:
Do you do any weight training?

From what I read in her journal, no.

I know, I read your journal ;) You should really get a gym membership, and incorporate some kind of weight training into your program.

PreMier said:
I know, I read your journal ;) You should really get a gym membership, and incorporate some kind of weight training into your program.
I am in the process of saving money and moving, so I won't have access to an actual gym until I start going to school in mid August :p

Okies then..
You don't need anything but bodyweight to get a good workout. The military has been doing it for a couple of thousand years, but you can also use tools around the house.

Pushups - vary the angles
Squats/Knee Bends
Lunges
Chins
Plyometrics - jumping, bounding, leaping, etc.(according to some, plyos can induce hypertrophy to a degree)

What about a chinup bar that screws into the wall? They arent that expensive, maybe 15$. A medicine ball and/or a stability ball would make some good additions. Even without these things, there is plenty to do.

You could also take gallon milk jugs, and fill them with water(water weighs 8lbs a gallon). Do walking lunges, stand on the edge of the stairs while doing calf raises, even overhead presses with them. Sand is heavier, and you could even fill them with that. Get creative ;)

IML Gear Cream!
PreMier said:
Okies then..
You don't need anything but bodyweight to get a good workout. The military has been doing it for a couple of thousand years, but you can also use tools around the house.

Pushups - vary the angles
Squats/Knee Bends
Lunges
Chins
Plyometrics - jumping, bounding, leaping, etc.(according to some, plyos can induce hypertrophy to a degree)

What about a chinup bar that screws into the wall? They arent that expensive, maybe 15$. A medicine ball and/or a stability ball would make some good additions. Even without these things, there is plenty to do.

You could also take gallon milk jugs, and fill them with water(water weighs 8lbs a gallon). Do walking lunges, stand on the edge of the stairs while doing calf raises, even overhead presses with them. Sand is heavier, and you could even fill them with that. Get creative ;)

Sounds like an excellent idea, I shall incorporate that into my routine :)

If you need help, just ask. Goodnight.

Back