• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

5 small Meals per day?

Missfit4all

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok, i am convinced. i read over and over by (a lot of you) and (a lot of fitness professionals) who firmly believe that eating "5 small meals per day" is the way to go while losing BF %?

Perhaps Strength Training/Body Building in general not sure about that one?

Anyway, I am so used to eating 3 Square meals a day (and 2 snacks) that i don't know where 2 begin? I would really like to give this a try...could someone please be so kind to share what has worked for you or lead me in the right direction? How much of what and what 2 include...i am lost? :gosh:

Stats:
--Female
--med. build
--Goal weight 130lbs. (15 to lose)
--BF %? (caliper is on way!)

Thanks. :)

Take your calories and spread it out over 5 meals instead of 3... To lose 15 pounds though you will have to start by lowering total caloric intake for the day, you could start with 10% as a guess - but I dont see your calories/meals etc.

You want to eat cleaner as the day goes on. At night some peoples meals are comprised of no carbs, and only protein/fibrous greens (chicken breast/broccoli etc).

It's a habit thing like anything else. Whenever, for whatever reason, I can only eat 3 meals on a particular day I feel lost, like something is seriously wrong. Just ease into it, maybe eat 4 meals to start off with. Remember, each meal is proportionally smaller so by the time your next meal comes around you should be, well not starving, but looking forward to eating.

i have about 6 medium meals a day and some bite sized snacks...but it all depends on how much mass you are trying to maintain....i eat a shitload of food just to maintain, so it all depends on your stats, make sure you dont starve yourself you will only slow down your metabolism and possibly add fat instead of loos it...

I also eat three meals a day with snacks in between. My snacks consist of cottage cheese, natural peanut butter, yougurt and so on. With my job and family it's hard to eat 6 small meals a day. I always load up on my breakfast to get me going and eat smaller meals from there on. Good Luck! CP

I agree with KarlW. It's a habit. Here is what I suggest:
Keep a food log for about a week. That way you'll know what you are eating at each meal. Then spread those meals out/break them down throughout your day. What you want to do is get into the habit of eating every few hours throughout your day. It's easier to spread out your larger meals than to try and figure out what to 'fit in' between those meals.

Back