• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bodybuilding saved my life...

X Ring

training to be Goku
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
....as I know it anyway. I was skiing this past weekend up in Vermont at Sugarbush and Bolton Valley, fantastic days, snow was great and plentiful :thumb: . Some of the southern facing slope got a bit of sun so it was thin in the woods on some steep stuff where I should probably still be.

On Sunday at Bolton Valley, my brother and I took this trail thought the woods goes to a small openning with a series of large rocks with small, and pretty much mandatory drops (2'-9') :rocker: . Now i have been in here before mind you, I had a seasons pass here one season when I was in college at UVM. Knowing it was pretty soft snow, facing South and too steep to hold much snow if not wind loaded I was just going to look down the 14' drop (measured with a standard US measuring tape) which I had done before. I teased my brother I was going to do it. And he told me I was nucking futs :nuts: as I had to jump out past two stumps and a rock point only to land on dirt, roots and or rocks and maybe some snow. (Same brother who 2 runs earlier tired a front flip of a rock that was only about 4" tall, and didnt quite make it but found it really cool anyway yard saling most of his gear :laugh: ) So I never intended to do as there was no way I get a run up to it with speed b/c of the trees above and the landing wasnt long enough anyway before the woods got thick again.
I started backing out of that area and stepping over and around some small growth and tiny stumps. As I went to do a jump turn my down hill ski got caught on one of those pruned alder stumps and I fell head first down to the next ledge where I was suppose to jump to except I shoulder checked that rock, bouncing off it falling 9' (meaured not estimated) belly up head first onto that a half buried rock hitting square with my ass/tailbone/lowerback, which was about 2' in diameter and fotunately pretty smooth. Then smacked the back of my head on the snow and some dirt (thats why I where a helmet), tumbled another 20' or so trying to slow down and finally coming to a stop as the right side of my back hit against a tree. I just laid there for a minute wondering what exactly I broke and what I was going to do if i couldnt move my legs. My brother quickly got to me. He thought I was knocked out at best but then I moaned and he told me I was an idiot as if i tired to do that.

Suprisingly but slowly I stood up trying to check to see if could still move as my brother collected my gear that was all over the place. Amazingly I didnt feel like I broke and severly damaged anything. I was able to ski down and actually was convinced into taking one more run down that some how, which I didnt screw around on at all, and even the 6' drop I did was more than I wanted to. So this morning I am black and blue on my ass and left side of my lower back and a horizontal bruise on my right lat where I stopped against the tree. Still dont think I broke anything but my pelvis is really tender and I am moving pretty slow.
If I hadnt been had as much muscle and the strong bones from loading them when I lift and eating decent and taking my vitamins I am sure this would have been a different story I am telling and probably one written with some case or brace on maybe in a hospital. :eek:

Next skiing trip is Thursday, hehee :spaz:

Stay in shape people, strong bodies saves lives

You are very lucky! How scary. You probably should have went to a Doc's just to make sure that everything was ok internally and a couple of xrays wouldn't have been a bad idea.
But, I do agree with you on the weight traing and being in good shape helping. My dad fell in a parking lot (Whole Foods of all places) and he jarred his neck, back and landed on the tailbone (OUCH...done that before) and he went to make sure he was okay and the Doctor said he was fine just going to have to deal with the pain of the tail bone. And a week later he was back to training!

yeah I was pretty lucky, my brother thought I was knocked out for sure. I could believe I just got up. I couldnt tell what was going on I just keeps seeing sky, trees, rocks and snow going by me .

I guess I could have died if landed a certain way but doesnt seem likely, however, I certainly could have been permenantly injured. Still a little tender on the rear of my pelvis but I didnt legs yesterday with only a little pain a few times.

You better be careful! Don't rush back into things or you can do injury to the already bruised and battered body you have!!!! You have to give yourself some time to let yourself heal if your not going to go get checked out.
BTW Jimmy is going to work on your tattoo this Sunday night after we do Easter stuff!
He has a few ideas already brewing ;)

I am taking it easy, as easy as I can and still stay sane.

I'm excited to see what he comes up with, thank you both for taking the time to do that

No problem :)
I just hope you get a good artist that can make his work look as good as my artisits! too bad you weren't in Michigan ;)

i know of a good artist i will look into using if he thinks he can do the work right. I will definitely visit some other places too. Would be nice if we were closer

Back