• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Carbs not protein are fuel to build muscle

ricky_rocket

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This article says that it's carbohydrates more than protein that 's the fuel for building muscle.

Excerpt below....

There are many different theories out there about losing fat and gaining muscle mass. A common misperception is that increasing protein intake will foster greater muscle mass. Muscle is comprised of protein, but only about 22%. Working the muscle to muscular overload(strength/resistance training) boosts growth. However, proper fuels and energy are needed to support the training efforts to promote hypertrophy (growth in size) of the muscle.

Protein contributes minimally to energy needs (5 to 15%), and it is an inefficient energy source. However, if energy needs are not met by carbohydrate, then the body will use protein for energy demands. Carbohydrate is the primary fuel for working muscles. If carbohydrate levels are low, then workouts will be inhibited as a result of physical and mental fatigue as well as lessened enthousiasm and compromised performance. If the body does not have enough carbohydrate for fuel, it will use whatever energy source is avaliable. Protein can be biochemically broken down into carbohydrate, and the body will use dietary and muscle protein to provide for the lack of energy from carbohydrate. Excess protein also serves to dehydrate the body. When the body is dehydrated by as little as 5%, workouts are compromised. In the end, the muscle mass that people are trying to build, will ultimately not increase, and it may be broken down.

Entire article is at
http://www.wellness.gatech.edu/information/1_nutrition/17_gaining_muscle_mass_and_losing_fat.php

Thoughts ?

ricky_rocket said:
This article says that it's carbohydrates more than protein that 's the fuel for building muscle.

No it doesn't.

In fact, it doesn't talk about building muscle, it talks about energy use and hydration regarding weight lifting.

It takes energy to build muscle, protein is the cement and carbs are the gas in the cement trucks to get them to their job sites add some water to cool the engines and mix with the cement and you've built a monument to hard work and discipline.

maniclion said:
It takes energy to build muscle, protein is the cement and carbs are the gas in the cement trucks to get them to their job sites add some water to cool the engines and mix with the cement and you've built a monument to hard work and discipline.
I like the way you explained this.

maniclion said:
...protein is the cement and carbs are the gas in the cement trucks to get them to their job sites add some water to cool the engines and mix with the cement and you've built a monument to hard work and discipline.

I just feel soooo heavy and sluggish now! :D

min0 lee said:

Meh.

I prefer the protein organising the disco and the carbs pulling in the punters from outside.

maniclion said:

min0 lee said:

Me too :yes:

maniclion said:

min0 lee said:

sara said:

Yes nice analogy. Makes sense.

Back