• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Building Arms Without Building Rest of Body

shak187

shak187
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi All,

Ive been weight training for nearly a year, and the results i have achieved in such a short time are excellent! i am very pleased with my self.

My upper body (chest / shoulders / back) are of good size an tone, and i want them to stay as they are, i dont want my upper body to increase in size, so i am now working for tone and definition. the problem is, i want my Arms to be bigger (bi's / tr's and fore arms.)

i understand to do this i have to increase protein intake and eat more (??), but like i said i dont want more mass / bulk on any other part of my body, only on my arms,
how can i get my arms to be bulked, without affecting the rest of my body??
i would be very gratefull if anyone could advise me!
(i will try and put a picture so you can have a better idea of what i want to achive)

Shak

So use higher reps 15-20 on all movements for conditioning, and for the arms use heavy movements(CG bench, dips, skull crushers, BB curls, DB hammer curls etc) and keep them in the lower rep range(4-8).

You really cant bulk and not have it go to just your arms.. youll have to slow/clean bulk, or just bulk all around.

Basically what he's saying is that arms a weak/lagging body part.

What's the recipe for that? What Prem said? more direct arm work?

I didnt say do more direct armwork, just alter the routine so that you do heavier movements. Frequency should be adjusted with intensity.

shak187 said:
My upper body (chest / shoulders / back) are of good size an tone, and i want them to stay as they are, i dont want my upper body to increase in size, so i am now working for tone and definition.

what about your legs ?

LAM's got a good point. Believe it or not but squats always made my arms, and the rest of my body for that matter, grow.

I used to train with a guy who used to just squat, deadlift, dip and pullup and his arms were huge.

Leatherface said:
LAM's got a good point. Believe it or not but squats always made my arms, and the rest of my body for that matter, grow.

I used to train with a guy who used to just squat, deadlift, dip and pullup and his arms were huge.
I'd believe it though genetics may have helped there. Throw in bench and rows and you got a good workout.

If you just want your arms to get bigger, drop intensity and do less volume for everything else. It's ludicrous, but it probably will work.

I don't really get why you wouldn't want the rest of your body to grow, I might THINK about that if I had a 60" chest and 30" thighs, but still I'd only THINK about it then...

But if you're arms are just lagging proportion wise, no problem there :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
KarlW said:
I'd believe it though genetics may have helped there. Throw in bench and rows and you got a good workout.

working the larger muscles like legs and back, make the smaller muscles like the ones on your arms grow.

DDan16 said:
working the larger muscles like legs and back, make the smaller muscles like the ones on your arms grow.
No way, you biceps won't grow unless you do at least 12 sets that isolate and hit and shock them hard 3 times a week.

KarlW said:
No way, you biceps won't grow unless you do at least 12 sets that isolate and hit and shock them hard 3 times a week.

joking, right???

Back