• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What's the dumbest thing you've done in the gym?

Vai Fan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm hoping some of you will share your humility along with me on this, but if not, hey, it'll be another one of the dumbest things I've ever done.

Anyway, I think my classis happened about a year ago when lifting at the YMCA. I'd just finished my 3rd set of a French press while laying on a bench press station. I went to put the bar on the pegs that are used to hold the barbell, and missed one of them without paying attention. A 65 pound EZ Curl bar came down on my left shin, skinned the living crap out of it, complete with oozing blood, then hit the floor with a God awful clang. Oh yes, I got a few looks, but no sympathy for some reason.

I can't think of anything that I've done tat's really bad....I've forgot about the other end of the barbell, and it came crashing down to the ground when I took the plates off one end...I'm sure lots of people have done that....right? :grin:

But I saw one guy, he was going to do hyper extensions, and for some reason the thing was placed in under the cable crossover machine and he just left it there. Anyway, he didn't check to make sure the peg was in place that holds the foot pad on, so he got up, hooked his legs under, and dropped his upper body down to start the exercise, and the pin wasn't in, he came flying over the thing, did a flip and scraped his head all down the cable machine.

It was pretty bad. Even if he'd moved the stupid thing where it should have been, he wouldn't have hurt himself so badly. anyway, I learned to always check the pins :D

Uh oh, things aren't looking too good for me yet, w8lifter. You haven't even stubbed your toe or anything? C'mon, help me out!

I once burned my leg on the muffler of the motorcycle as I was getting on, I was on my way to the gym, so I worked out w/ a melted leg & insane pain....does that count :grin:

Whew, much better. But I must say...OUCH! That is a mean, nasty pain, uh...ummm, well, that's what a 'friend' told me, anyway.

iseen a woman doing cable push downs once and the "S" hook snaged her sports bra and lifted up enough to see her pillows.......ooops

I didn't do this but a kid did where I workout. He was a very well built kid, in college. Seemed llike a nice guy. He was doing leg press on the squat rack. He had the bench in the rack and was lying down with his feet on the bar above his face. Somehow the bar slipped off his feet and came down right at his nose. It went half way through his head crushing everything. I didn't see it but everyone was talking about it. He is still alive, but I am sure his life will be drastically changed forever.

Stupid, stupid, and very sad.

Mental note to self: Never do leg press on a squat rack. Tragic as it is, and I feel for the guy, but what the f&!$ was he thinking? (yeah, some of you are probably saying the same thing about my little incident)

Ive only had two minor mishaps. first was pulling a 45 of a hammer strength chest machine with a 25 still in on. luckily i didnt mash my toe but it didnt make me feel any smarter LOL!
My next booboo was with dbs. I wasnt paying attention and missed placing an 85 on the rack correctly. i smashed the pee out of my fingers...i thought "what a bonehead!" glad noone saw me LOL haha!

I've told this one already but here goes again, I was doing deadlifts, something like 315 or so, took the bar off the pegs stepped back and started my first rep. I set the one end down right on top of my water bottle which I had just filled, shattered it and water went everywhere.

Lesson learned "keep track of that damnd water bottle"

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by ossiferdawkins
. first was pulling a 45 of a hammer strength chest machine with a 25 still in on. luckily i didnt mash my toe but it didnt make me feel any smarter LOL!

I have done that too, but it was only a 10lb plate that hit my foot. it hurt but no breaks thankfully. it was very dumb though. I was probably paying more attention to the girl on the adductor machine:eek:

Originally posted by seyone
I was probably paying more attention to the girl on the adductor machine:eek:

Women on the adductor machine's are and accident waiting to happen. :)

Originally posted by Scotty the Body

Women on the adductor machine's are and accident waiting to happen. :)

lol
yeah, I am only human (just barely) and I is impossible not to just take a gander or two.:D

Ok here goes one that proves the importance of collars on bench press .
I was just starting to lift and i had a cheap set of weights ( sand filled type ) I was workind a pyramid bech press . Being lazy i decided that the collars would just hinder that timing of it all , so i decided to leave then off . Well needless to say , mid-set , i tapped the bar on the bench , scewing up the balance , sending the weights on the right side crashing to the floor quickly followed by the left side . The noise was incredible and very emberresing . I never lift without collars anymore .

HEHEHEHE, I think we've all pulled that one before HH4U. :lol:

I still have my old set of plastic weights btw, don't use them but I've had them since I was 13 (19 year ago) so I just can't seem to get rid of them :)

...still don't use colars though

I was performing a set of heavy DB shrugs and ended up pinching the end of my willy between the DBs. Needless to say, I don't use that form any longer.

I didn't think that putting the willy between the DBs WAS a form, Rob!

It's a form of PAIN! Really, I was holding them in front of me like you would a barbell. Not anymore! I hold them at my sides.

Try that move once or twice and i guarentee they'll be ready for trash day in no time :nut:

IML Gear Cream!
ouch, thats a pain that I never want to go through.

Doing a warm-up set of dead lifts and was paying more attention to the set of tit$ across the gym than on my own form. Tore my left spinal erector. Still can't do some of the weights I used to do and that was five years ago. (She did have a nice set though.:D )

Originally posted by ALBOB
. (She did have a nice set though.:D )

so was it worth it:D
that s why women should only be allowed in the aerobics area:D

Originally posted by seyone so was it worth it:D
Maybe if she had offered to nurse me back to health but as it was no, definitely NOT worth it. (The sad part is I still haven't learned my lesson because they're still allowed out of the aerobic's area.:D )

Originally posted by Prince I'm sure y'all know what I'm talking about.
:confused: No. :confused: Anybody else? Anybody? No? Oh well, looks like we have a winner. Prince is hereby recognized with the first annual "Dumbest Person in the Gym Award." Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!:clap:

I didnt do this but a firend of mine who works out at the same gym saw this happen.

A lady was running on the treadmill and talking to someone. Well she tripped as she was looking sideways k at the person she was talking to. When she tripped she missed the side support rails and fell flat on her front side and the treadmill threw her out onto the ground behind it. A couple of the trainers ran over to her but apparently she wasnt seriously injured, just some bumps, floor burns, and bruses.

I bet she felt like an ass. Come to think of it, i didnt ask if she was blond or not. lol

Last edited:
That's almost happened to me trying to scope a nice ass or two but i usually catch myself before falling flat . I tell hot girls in stretch pants are definate motivation :yes:

Originally posted by hurtyhair4u
. I tell hot girls in stretch pants are definate motivation :yes:

for me they are just a distraction. a bomb could go off outside my gym and I won't flinch but if a fine ass walks by then thats it. total loss of concentration. thats why I stand by my idea that they should be confined to the aerobics area. :D

Back