• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

does this sound right?

Rpn1984

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
im on a bulking diet and im eating 3100 to 3200 calories a day and 170 grams of protein im 6 foot 2 at 170 pounds

Rpn1984 said:
im on a bulking diet and im eating 3100 to 3200 calories a day and 170 grams of protein im 6 foot 2 at 170 pounds
It depends on your lean mass, how much you are exercising, your genetics, your age, your daily energy expenditure and a lot of other factors.

so what would be the best way to find out my weight gaining needs

Rpn1984 said:
so what would be the best way to find out my weight gaining needs
Honestly - just start on a 'non-stupid' diet and see if it works. :D

At 170 pounds if your BF% is about average (~15%) and you are moderately active, then you lean mass is about 145 pounds. So I would assume your maintainence would be something like 2700 cals.

So, I would start at something like:
220g protein (1.5 x your lean mass)
350g carbs (2.5 x lean mass)
75g fats (0.5 x lean mass)
Which is = ~2900-3000 cals

Then just see how you go - if you need more food add more food (~5-10% more calories). If you need less, decrease it slightly (~5-10% less calories).

its a lot of trial and error, and generally the best thing to do is start low and add evenly every week or two if you dont see any gains. emma's numbers look good, and if that doesnt give you a pound after 2 weeks, add 250 calories. and do that until you hit that first pound and go with it for a while. gaining too fast sucks because its going to be gain you dont want, it took me almost a month of adding and changing things around until i have what i have now, and ive gained about 7-8 lbs in the last 2 months since then while improving my lifting a good deal.

I have found that keeping my diet clean with whole foods, I was able to increase my calories without increasing body fat. So, keep it clean.

Back