• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Walking or Running

Xclusive

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was just curious to see what everyone thinks is better for burning fat. I have heard many mixed thoughts about this topic. Also if walking is better is it better to walk on an incline?

running (obviously), running burns more calories than any other exercise (including walking obviously) so running is (obviously) the best choice of cardio for burning fat IMO, walking on an incline will (obviously) burn more calories then walking with no incline, its all pretty obvious really, and this thread should obviously have been posted in the 'training' section, not the 'anabolic zone' which is obviously for discussing anabolics, not cardio topics :)

Go easy on him, Young d. He is new here. :chomp:

it has been said in the past that walking at a good pace for a longer duration is better for burning fat without burning muscle, so it not a silly question there is loads of different opinions out there my friend you just have to do ur research

premo said:
longer duration is better for burning fat without burning muscle
which is why long-distance runners are a lot more muscular than 100m sprinters?

running is better for burning fat

depends on what your goals are. if you are running to maximize fat loss while sparing LBM I would either do some spriting or run a mile maybe 2x a week. each week trying to decrease your time which will increase your V02Max and EPOC

Theres actually this new thing out where you stick electrodes to your muscles, you dont even need to work them out, you just get huge and ripped.

Running. HA!

It takes as many calories to walk a mile as it does to run, it just takes longer to walk. So in a sense it is equal. Proponants of walking will tell you that at a fast enough pace you burn more fat you aren't going into your cardiovascular zone. Runners will tell you running is better because it gets more work in a shorter amount of time.

IML Gear Cream!
young d said:
which is why long-distance runners are a lot more muscular than 100m sprinters?
Actually now I have to call you out. Sprinters are far more built than long distance runners. Long distance runners are from Kenya, joking. Sprinters are some jacked up looking people while long distances runners look more like, well twigs.

TO go back to the question of running or walking. I am definetly going to go with a 30 minute, Ill even say jog, is going to burn far much more fat than a 30 minute walk. I would even go as far to say that a 30 minute jog would burn more fat than a 60 minute walk. Not to mention how much fat a 60 minute run would burn. I sure as hell couldnt run for 60 minutes straight though. I probably couldnt run for 40 minutes straight. Let the old ladies at the mall use the walking and get your lazy ass running. *I hope that your not an old ladie?

Back