I need your honest opinions...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I need your honest opinions...

Here are some questions that trouble me...

1) Could Ronny Coleman (The dude thats always on the cover of Muscle in Fitness) beat up Mike Tyson in a boxing ring? I know hes not a boxer but hes got to make up for that in sheer strength.

2) Why doesnt the NFL scout sumo wrestlers in Japan more? Their built to be offensive lineman.

Thanks for your time.

190 Here I Come!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

1) No, Tyson is too fast and experienced

2) They are too slow
    Note to self: Eat More, Train Hard, and Eat More!

Still Growing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

This is perhaps the most random thread i've ever seen...
    Desire.Dedication.Deeznuts

FLEXecutioner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by vegman
    1) No, Tyson is too fast and experienced

2) They are too slow
    ^
    You're a funny guy, Sully, I like you. Dat's why I'm going to kill you lahst.

* Got juice?*Need Motivation?*How to Train*
    *Arnold vs. Ronnie vs. Haney vs. Sergio*
    *YEAH BUDDY...LIGHT WEIGHT!*Ahhnold*

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I think this is a cool thread, but it belongs elsewhere, I will move it in 5 minutes to the Open Chat.

Here are my answers-

Ronnie would get smoked by any boxer in the top 10, and boxing is currently in a decline.

As stated, sum wrestlers are too slow. This is why on some occassions you see men who are 50lbs lighter than their opponent win.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry
    I think this is a cool thread, but it belongs elsewhere, I will move it in 5 minutes to the Open Chat.

Here are my answers-

Ronnie would get smoked by any boxer in the top 10, and boxing is currently in a decline.

As stated, sum wrestlers are too slow. This is why on some occassions you see men who are 50lbs lighter than their opponent win.
    nuf said

Dedicated to one thing!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Ronnie Coleman would get smoked by quite a few people i think,just because you bodybuild dosn't make you win a fight,you know the saying the bigger they are the harder they fall,well i think that would apply there.But in saying that i think Tyson might be a bit wary of a guy that looks soo over powering and can leg press the whole of my colleage!!!and their family's!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I disagree with all of you.

Ronny Coleman is a monster. Hes 300 lbs of pure muscle. He takes roids up the wazoo. Side by side Ronny Coleman would make Mike Tyson look like Dave Chapell. What he lacks in boxing skills he more than makes up for in sheer muscle. If Coleman trained at boxing for 6months it would be a knockout in the first round.

Sumor wrestlers vary in size and strength a great deal. The whole purpose of sumo wrestling is to line up in a lineman stance and attack your opposition with your whole body when they say go. This is exactly what lineman have to do. Im not saying all sumos would be great linemen but I think there is a great untapped resource over there.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CancerNV
    I disagree with all of you.

Ronny Coleman is a monster. Hes 300 lbs of pure muscle. He takes roids up the wazoo. Side by side Ronny Coleman would make Mike Tyson look like Dave Chapell. What he lacks in boxing skills he more than makes up for in sheer muscle. If Coleman trained at boxing for 6months it would be a knockout in the first round.

Takes more than 6 months to make a boxer, let alone one that could "move" the way HE'D NEED TO against tyson and even with a bit of training coleman would never be able to move the way he'd need to, just too big, and I'm just talking about todays Tyson go back to Tysons prime and coleman would be "chapelled" inside the 1st minute, no questions asked. Tyson would have a half dozen power shots fired off before coleman made one complete swing, it wouldn't even be worth getting the pay per view!

I'd rather see coleman fight Roy Jones Jr, at least Roy would have to hit him twice to end the fight!

Functional Lifting = Life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Well, this is sort of like facing a strong and muscular 300 lb guy with a 100 lb karate expert. Sure, the karate expert knows some moves, but would he be able to take on 300 lbs of muscle? Probably not. I mean sure, he could aim low and hope high, but if there were no cheap shots allowed, I think the bigger guy could pretty much take anything the smaller one did to him. Sure, the smaller guy is more agile, but if the bigger guy just stands there while the smaller one runs around, the bigger one will NOT get tired first... I've heard arguments like that, and I don't think they're really valid. I think it would take an EXTREMELY slow person to not even be able to touch another person (no, we're not talking about a football field here, people) in a ring-sized place. And once he has a grip on the smaller one, the little guy is basically screwed.
    Push yourself. Enjoy yourself. Be yourself.
    Knowledge is power. Obsessed with functional strength. Journal

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Squaggleboggin
    Well, this is sort of like facing a strong and muscular 300 lb guy with a 100 lb karate expert. Sure, the karate expert knows some moves, but would he be able to take on 300 lbs of muscle?
    Sure even more so than the boxing senerio, more moves and more involved than just punching. And a hell of a lot more moves that someone such as coleman couldn't do effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by squaggleboggin
    Probably not. I mean sure, he could aim low and hope high, but if there were no cheap shots allowed, I think the bigger guy could pretty much take anything the smaller one did to him.
    there wouldn't be "hoping" with a karate expert. And just cause a guy is a 300lb brick shit house doesn't mean he can take a punch or kick, maybe he could, maybe not who knows really maybe coleman would "lose his legs" with something as piddly as a jab thrown square to the chin. No matter how big you are you're either born with a solid chin are you're not, can't work that out in the gym.

Sure, the smaller guy is more agile, but if the bigger guy just stands there while the smaller one runs around, the bigger one will NOT get tired first... I've heard arguments like that, and I don't think they're really valid. I think it would take an EXTREMELY slow person to not even be able to touch another person (no, we're not talking about a football field here, people) in a ring-sized place.
    Yeah i'd agree but then again the conditioning probably wouldn't be as much of a factor for the boxing athlete(unless he over did his shaking and moving which does happen) And I'm not saying coleman would be able to hit him but he'd be so off target it wouldn't matter, Tyson would probably have some sore shoulders the next day cause by the time colemans punches got there thats probably where they'd land, if at all.

And once he has a grip on the smaller one, the little guy is basically screwed.
    Sure I'd agree if we were talking about wrestleing or grappling, but wouldn't happen in karate or boxing, possibly in a street fight, but taking it to the street it would be a given there would be some "just in case" assets that the smaller guy would have.

Personally I think someone like coleman would do better in a mixed martial art competition such as the UFC, just because I think his odds would be better to take somebody to the ground and just pound away. Granted there is more to defend against for obvious reasons but I think thats where his power would come greatly into play for I could see him just powering out of most the submitions that are used, with the exception of a couple chokes; then it would just be how determined the other guys was and how willing he was to hold on for the ride coleman would give him.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Originally Posted by Squaggleboggin
    Well, this is sort of like facing a strong and muscular 300 lb guy with a 100 lb karate expert. Sure, the karate expert knows some moves, but would he be able to take on 300 lbs of muscle?
    So you think that if Bruce Lee was alive, he couldn't beat the crap out of Ronnie?

Administrator
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts
    Rep Points

Mike Tyson (or any pro heavy weight boxer) would knock out Ronnie Coleman in the blink of an eye, that is fact.

You are seriously insulting NFL lineman as athletes, it takes more than size and weight to be an NFL lineman.

Basically in both instances you are mistaking size, strength and size for athletic ability and experience. Just because Ronnie Colemen is the biggest and one of the strongest bodybuilders does not mean he can box. Same with sumo wrestlers, just because they weight 300-400lbs does not mean they could perform on a football field.

How old are you? Just curious.

Cutting sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

so you know, NFL linemen have endurance up the ass. they can run farther and faster than I can...
    cutting sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Whos to say that Sumos dont have athletic ability and endurance? Sumo wrestling is a very proud and competitive sport in certain places of the world. To be the best you need to tap into every advantage youve got. Speed, athletisism, endurance all would help a Sumo.

OK so most people think Ronnie Coleman takes forever to take a swing. Lets put this outside or in a bar with no rules. Would Tyson still be able to take on Coleman if he was allowed to grapple and tackle?