• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Sheffield should NOT be suspended...

Pepper

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
no way. He did as well as you can expect under those circumstances.

The beer-throwing fan in the Gap sweatshirt, however, needs to have his onions confiscated. Did you see him fall down trying to get away from the beer-soaked Sheffield?

I don't even think he realized that guy threw a beer on him - which was obviously intentional. He was more worried about the guy that took a swipe at the ball. He shouldn't be suspended IMO.

I agree no suspension is in order.

However, no one threw beer. I watched the replay about a dozen times. Sheffield actually hits the beer cup sitting on the wall and it goes flying.

Agreed no suspension. The Fan should be strung up for his pussy actions

See, beer is not being thrown...

a_sheffield_frt.jpg

By the way, I challenge anyone to find a news article that indicates beer was thrown. You can't.

I Are Baboon said:
By the way, I challenge anyone to find a news article that indicates beer was thrown. You can't.
My take on this is that the beer was not really dumped or thrown, but I don't think Sheffield hit it either. I think he just spilled it. I will watch it on the TIVO tonight.

He did run like a wus though.

OK...let me go on...in my opinion this is further evidence of the "wussification" of America.

A player gets testy and shoves a fan...big deal. I mean, really, is this such a big deal? No one got hurt. No flares were thrown on the heads of the players.

Are we such wusses that every someone gets in someone's face over something it has to be big deal?

There..I feel better.

The Italians know how to do sports violence. We throw beer, they throw fire:

p1_dida.jpg

Pepper said:
My take on this is that the beer was not really dumped or thrown, but I don't think Sheffield hit it either. I think he just spilled it. I will watch it on the TIVO tonight.

He did run like a wus though.

Watching the replay, you can see the beer was not thrown. It was hit and thus spilled.

IML Gear Cream!
I have heard several talk shows this morning and EVERYONE mentions a beer being intentionally dumped on Sheffield. Just sayin.

Oh. I watched the live broadcast and they showed the replay about a hundred times. It looks to me like the beer was knocked over.

I Are Baboon said:
Watching the replay, you can see the beer was not thrown. It was hit and thus spilled.

Umm...in the picture you showed the beer is clearly in the hand of the fan. How is it possible for that beer to get hit sitting on a surface, jump into the fans hand and spill right onto the player?

The replays I saw clearly showed the fan tossing his cup - whether intentional or not - he did spill his beer on him. IMO it was intentional.

ponyboy said:
Umm...in the picture you showed the beer is clearly in the hand of the fan. How is it possible for that beer to get hit sitting on a surface, jump into the fans hand and spill right onto the player?

The replays I saw clearly showed the fan tossing his cup - whether intentional or not - he did spill his beer on him. IMO it was intentional.

Sheffield knocked the guy/beer when he was going for the other guy, thus the beer spilled. I guess we can just agree to disagree. But I ask you again, find a news article saying a beer was intentionally spilled on Sheffield. You can't and you won't.

Tony Kornheiser, my favorite sports guy, just said that he does not think the beer was intentionally thrown/dumped.

I have seen the footage and I don't believe for one second Sheffield hit the cup though.

I Are Baboon said:
Sheffield knocked the guy/beer when he was going for the other guy, thus the beer spilled. I guess we can just agree to disagree. But I ask you again, find a news article saying a beer was intentionally spilled on Sheffield. You can't and you won't.
I agree you won't find anyone saying the beer was thrown/dumped on purpose. However, you won't find one saying the beer was knocked over by Sheffield either.

Why are you so concerned about this, IAB, was that you? :lol:

Well if Sheff didn't hit the cup, the fan trying to get the hell out of his way probably accidentally spilled it in the process. I mean, that beer was full and you've got to be crazy to intentionally dump an $8 beer! :D

BTW, Kornheiser is great. :)

Pepper said:
Why are you so concerned about this, IAB, was that you? :lol:

If I have a beer, I'm drinking the damn thing. :D

Honestly, I have no idea why I am debating it. :shrug:

I don't think he should be suspended either, even if I do hate the Yanks :lol:

IML Gear Cream!
I Are Baboon said:
Well if Sheff didn't hit the cup, the fan trying to get the hell out of his way probably accidentally spilled it in the process. I mean, that beer was full and you've got to be crazy to intentionally dump an $8 beer! :D

BTW, Kornheiser is great. :)

I wonder if the fan could sue Sheffield for the cost of his beer? $8 is $8 after all. Plus he could claim emotional distress for losing his beer and having to go buy another beer. And then when walking to get the beer he could trip and sprain his ankle and get bodily injury money. Sweet.

One thing that seems to be going unnoticed here is the fact that the Sox bombed Randy Johnson with three home runs last night. :thumb:

Um, er, you would bring that up, wouldn't you? :pissed: And two of the homers were hit by players who aren't exactly home-run hitters.

That makes 2 out of 3 starts where he has not looked particularly impressive.

Figures that the Sox and Yanks split the first six games though.

Fuck Sheffield. He's the one who called the 2004 Red Sox "a bunch of characters." He said they don't win they just act stupid. I wish he hopped into the stands and got pummeled by fans. And I hope he does get suspended even though whatever he did doesn't deserve it.

I don't know what IAB's talking about.

I watched it live, then saw the replay some 400 times. The Guy in the GAP shirt had a beer in his left hand, and CLEARLY "underhandedly tossed" the beer from his cup onto Sheff. Immediately as he does it he has this "OHHHHHHHH" look on his face, like "OOOOh shit, i got you". I applaud Sheffield for his restrain, and it's fuckin pussy fans like that that should be taken out and beaten.

On the other hand, i thought the guy who took a "swipe" at Sheff didn't do much at all. Alls it looked like he did was swing the back of his hand and try to distract Sheffield, not hit him like the media makes it out. I think everyoen overreacted a bit on that.

Keep in mind i fucking HATE the Yankees, so i'm not coming to GS's defense.

Flex said:
The Guy in the GAP shirt had a beer in his left hand, and CLEARLY "underhandedly tossed" the beer from his cup onto Sheff.
I totally agree. I watched it over and over again this weekend (on PTI, it was in in super slow motion) and there is no denying that the beer was intentionally poured on Sheffield.

Pepper said:
I totally agree. I watched it over and over again this weekend (on PTI, it was in in super slow motion) and there is no denying that the beer was intentionally poured on Sheffield.
I just saw it closer and both Flex and Ponyboy were right, but I don't think the swipe was that big a deal.

Back