• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Is Splenda harmful?

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I recently picked up some Splenda. This stuff makes my oatmeal taste great (along with some cinnamon).

As always (with sugar substitutes) some friends have spouted out that Splenda is harmful for me. Is this true or just some knee-jerk reaction?

I looked on the web for any facts and have only found (so far) one site that had bad things to say about Splenda. I should point out that the site was payed for and created by the Sugar Association of America. Who, by the way, has filed a lawsuit.

And to be fair and balanced, here's a pro-Splenda website.

I should also note that the makers of Nutrasweet believe Splenda is bad for you. :rolleyes:

So, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for any information.

Moderation is the key :)
1-3 packets a day not going to harm you

The site you posted doesnt give any proof as to why splenda is bad. They say that it hasnt been proven safe to eat yet, so it has to be horrible. I understand how chlorine is bad for you, but many diff salts contain chlorine as well and are very beficial to your body. A single type of element can kill you, but when combined with others into a molecule it can have the completely opposite effect.

But some molecules can be broken down within your body into their sub-components, thus releasing whatever particals within that have been deemed dangerous. So it all depends.

I've been using Stevia lately! Super sweet stuff and is all natural.

I think all this "Splenda is bad" hype was started because the Sugar companies know that Splenda, unless proven bad for you, will probably over take the market for sweeteners.

I love my Splenda. It's just bloody expensive. So when I go out to eat, I take the packets from the table :)

i dont use the packets. i use one teaspoon a day. this too much?

XcelKrush said:
The site you posted doesnt give any proof as to why splenda is bad. They say that it hasnt been proven safe to eat yet, so it has to be horrible.
This was my thought as well.

So far all the negative comments that I've found about Splenda originate from the Sugar Association of America.

I'll take Propaganda for $800, Alex.

Splenda WILL kill you. As will exercise, obesity, soberity, alcoholism, breathing mountain fresh air, smoking, and sex. Eventually, we all die. Blame it on whatever you'd like.
thumb.gif

IML Gear Cream!
I may be in the minority here, but whenever I use Splenda it gives me a sore throat. I can usually tell a product has Splenda in it at within seconds without looking at the active ingredients. I've also known people who get headaches whenever they use Splenda. Not saying it's bad, but I don't think it's for everyone.

musclepump said:
Splenda WILL kill you. As will exercise, obesity, soberity, alcoholism, breathing mountain fresh air, smoking, and sex. Eventually, we all die. Blame it on whatever you'd like.
thumb.gif
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

cfs3 said:
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

"Marry the wrong person, and a lifetime can seem like an eternity."

Oh, and I like Splenda.

mrguy said:
i heard this was the best way to go so i'm going to try it. :)

mrguy said:

rockgazer69 said:
i heard this was the best way to go so i'm going to try it. :)

:yes: Good stuff

its all heresy. sooner or later, some whack job will say oatmeal will be bad for you...

IML Gear Cream!
People drown in water and die all of the time, water is bad for you.
You could choke on your first spoonful of oatmeal tommorow, oatmeal is bad for you.
Oxygen is highly combustible, oxygen is therefore bad for you.

Stop breathing, eating and drinking water or you'll die.

the only negative thing about splenda is that it makes me crave sugar. i might cut it out completely.

Sugar free substitutes

You start to die the moment you are born, some speed the process by living dangerously. I am trying to cut down on sugar intake as it makes me get fat. So I switched to diet drinks, became a Vegetarian & started to exercise. I just recently heard all the hype about artificial sweeteners being harmful. Come on, if they were all that bad they would've never made it past the FDA (would they?). There are so many drugs & products that could be of great help to mankind but until they pass the FDA we have no access to them. I hear it takes 5 or more years of lab testing before a product gets approved. So I am going to take a chance and trust them and continue to use artificvial sweeteners until they produce an official report & pull them from the shelves.

I've tried stevia. I think it tastes like ass. I would go with what you like better.

As far as the toxicity, I've heard rumors that splenda might be bad for you; unless I hear reports that it causes cancer and makes your dick fall off or turn green, I'm sticking with splenda.

I love splenda. The only bad thing I've found is that I can't mix it in my coffee. It causes solid white things to pop up at the top almost as if the half and half had gone bad.

And no, I was not using bad half and half :)

thumb.gif

musclepump, I wanna have your babies. LOL!

I've used lbs and lbs of splenda. I buy the large bags of it at costco. I probably go through 8-9 large bags a year. I use it in my oats, coffee, cottagecheese and to bake. So far I'm still alive.

Back