• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Mass and Chisel: Ego's New Journal

Egoatdoor

Its time to eat...AGAIN!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This is my new Journal. I finished a six month Journal a couple of weeks ago in which I spent three months concluding a long term building phase and then three months cutting down to near contest condition. Here is that thread: http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=38213

I had pictures taken the day before Easter but couldn't post them here for technical reasons. I will admit I am a techno phobe and if I was a bit more computer savvy, I might be able to figure out a way to resize or edit the pictures so they would fit, but its not to be so the pictures are instead on my Webshots page at http://community.webshots.com/user/racingbill, so go ahead and take a look there.

Though I had gained visible size, especially in the upper body, over the last year, I was not happy that there had been overall improvement in my condition over last year. The "pieces" did not really seem to be put together in a pleasing way aesthetically. I had strong points, but also some glaring weaknesses, especially from the side views.

I took some on the comments from readers here and my own observations to a meeting with my trainer two weeks ago during my vacation in Florida. We had a long long talk and agreed on what improvements had to be made long term. We also agreed ( and it took some convincing for me to "buy in") to let her "take over" my entire training program for the next year. I have been working with her for short terms the last four years, but most of my training programs where ones I put together. I feel now that I have maxxed out on how how far I can progress based on my own knowledge and even though it appears there are going to be major changes plus some things I already see in the first program that I am already skeptical about in my own mind, I am going to let someone else take total control of the steering wheel. She says she can improve my overall package significantly by this time next year ( the pictures will tell the story, yes or no) and if it doesn't work, we agree that I can "fire" her and seek other avenues. She is a former national competitor who has demonstrated that she "knows her stuff" and has trained other people for competition with success, so I am confident that she is not blowing smoke up my ear. Diet and cardio will still be my domain until the last twelve weeks, at which point she will take control of those aspects also.

I am working on an arrangement with a local trainer for pictures and measurement, including bodyfat, to be taken periodically so my trainer can see my progress ( or lack thereof, but I hope not) and use this is setting up the next program. I hope to have this finalized in a few days.

So, what are my long term ( one year) goals? 1. Add 3-5 pounds of pure muscle overall. 2. Come in with a harder physique, eliminating in particular the softness in my lower back and oblique areas. 3. Present a better "x" frame physique, in other words, a more clearly defined look where one can see the wide upper body, slimmer waist and more visible thigh and leg sweep from a visual perspective. Right now, its a bit too "blocky" in part because I have a genetically wide waist. 4. Bring up substantially clearly defined weaknesses in the calves, rear delts, biceps and in the hamstring/quad separation. 5. Improve on leg definition, especially in quad separation.

A lotta work ahead...

I want to build more mass, but then chisel my physique, so that's why I named this Journal "Mass and Chisel".

I got my first 8 week program last week. I had alot of questions, which we've discussed and ironed out. The intent of this program is to build more mass in the back, rear delts, calves and biceps, widen the shoulders and work on those hamstring and quad separations. It is very different from what I am used to. First, I have always cycled my rep ranges and rest periods, for instance doing say 12 reps with 90 second rests for a week or two, then say 8-10 reps with longer rests and then maybe 15 the next week or two but with short rest periods, keeping the same rep range for every exercise. This program varies the rep ranges and rest periods WITHIN EACH BODYPART. For instance, the back workout consists of three exercises pyramidded down from 15 to 8 reps, one exercise of 3 sets of 10-12 reps and one exercise of 3 sets of 12-15 reps with much shorter rest periods. The intent is to work different muscle fibers while also building mass at the beginning by lifting heavy weights with low reps the last two sets. Each working set of each exercise is to go to failure. Second, there is much more volume than I am used to for bodyparts like the biceps, triceps, delts and hamstrings. I have gone from a three day weekly split to four to allow for the greater volume. The workouts are much shorter in overall time than I have done in the past, but with every set of every workout going to failure, it will probably be much more intense overall as time goes along. Frankly, I am not sure if I can work at full intensity for 8 weeks straight without burning out, but I will see..... Third, the routine has some exercises I have never done before or done very rarely because I did not feel they did anything for me physique wise.

Here is program #1 in a nutshell:

- Four weight workouts a week. Starting next week, the weekly cycle will be something like this: 1) Tuesday Chest and shoulders 2) Weds or Thurs Back and hamstrings 3) Saturday Triceps and biceps (though I am free to switch the order on occasion if I wish), then abs 4) Sunday Quads and calves. Cardio will be one morning a week, either on Monday,Tuesday or Friday. A second calf workout is also supposed to be with cardio, but I found this week that this will not work. I cannot do 35-45 minutes of cardio and a calf workout and still get to work at anywhere near the time I am supposed to be there. So I will work a second calf workout in somewhere each week, whether is be a morning or another night by itself or possibly done during workouts 2 or 3.
- Chest: Smith Incline Presses, Flat DB Bench Press, Decline Flyes, either Pec Dec or Cable Crossovers
-Shoulders: Smith Machine Military Press, single arm Lateral Raises, Wide Grip Upright Rows, Bent Laterals on an Incline Bench, Barbell Shrugs behind the back.
-Back: Wide Grip Pulldowns, T Bar Rows(wide), DB One Arm Rows, Close Grip Pulldowns, Deadlifts
-Hamstrings: Lying Leg Curls, Standing Single Leg Curls, DB Stiff Deadlifts
-Triceps: Close Grip Bench Press, DB Overhead Extension, Overhead Rope Extensions, Pushdowns(wide grip)
-Biceps: Straight Bar Curls, Standing DB Curls, Reverse Curls w/ EZ Curl Bar, Concentration Curls
-Quads: Leg Extensions, Front Squats, Hack Squats, Walking Barbell Lunges
-Calves: Seated Leg Curls, Weighted Calf Raises on Hack Squat( substitute for Donkey Calf Raises because my gyum does not have this machine), Standing Calf Raises, One burn out set for one minute of one legged calf raises on a step.

I finished the first cycle of workouts tonight. I started last Thursday and spent this week getting used to the routine, learning the new movements such as the behind the back shrugs, and getting the weights right so that I will be training close to or at failure on my working sets starting with the next cycle.

I will be working out each day Thursday through Sunday to complete the second cycle and then start the Tuesday/ Wed or Thurs./Sat/Sunday 4 day split next week. I will post my workouts in the Journal starting with Thursday.

I weighed 182 1/4 tonight pre workout. I was 183 on picture day March 26th and 180 when I got back from vacation on Monday April 11th. I am not going to be eating ungodly amounts of food for right now. I am aiming to be around my maintenance range of 3900/4000 a day, but I think I can get up to 185 in a month and then sustain that for at least the first part of the summer as I do want to look good ( not fat) for the beach season. I am going to experiment with a slightly different ratio for awhile. I have been on about a 25% protein/55% carbs and 20% fat off season ratio the last two years. I want to reduce my meal sizes a bit ( to keep that waist down), clean up my carbs a bit and reduce the proportion of carbs slightly, so I am going to shoot for a 30/50/20 split.

Well, its late, time for bed. I'll post my supplements, some of which will be changing, in my next post.

:wave: Hey! I can't what to see what happens!! I hope you like the program! Just think positive thoughts! :D Do you like those "new to you" exercises? Oh yes..and I love the journal title! :thumb:

Ego, sounds like a strong program you got going for yourself, I will definitely be paying attention to your journal in the future. Cant wait to see your pics of progress..

Thursday's workout: Here is the Chest and shoulder routine, all sets use 90 second rests except where indicated:
Chest:
Smith Machine Incline Presses 4 sets of 15,12,10,8 reps
DB Bench Presses 15,12,10 reps
Decline DB Flyes 15,12,10
Alternate week to week between Pec Dec and Cable Crosses, 3 sets of 15-20 with 60 second rests

Shoulders:
Smith Military Press 4 sets of 15,12,10,8
Single Arm Lateral Raises ( holding onto a pole with the other hand for support) 3 sets of 12-15
Wide Grip Upright Rows 3 sets of 12-15
Rear delt laterals lying face down on an incline bench 3 sets of 12-15
Barbell Shrugs behind the back 12,10,10

All sets are conceptually to failure, though in reality I do leave a little "in the bank" ( not going to exhaustive failure) on the first working set of most exercises. The intent is to increase the amount of weight or number of reps on every exercise each workout whenever possible.

Tonight, I made many gains over last week, although some of it may have due to getting acclimated to the routine, plus I have been eating more the last week and am past the somewhat depleted stage I was still in last week after just getting back from vacation. The + or - signs mean I added or subtracted weight or reps compared to last week.

Chest:
Smith Machine Incline Presses 55x15 80(+5)x13 125x11(+1) 130x8(+1)
DB Bench Presses 35x15 60x11(-1) 60(-5)x9
Decline DB Flyes 20x15 35(+5)x14 45x11(+1)
Cable Crosses 30x20 50x18 60x10 :( too much weight the last set. Pecs were fried.

Shoulders:
Smith Military Press 45x15 65(+5)x15 80(+5)x12 85(+5)x10
Single Arm Lateral Raises 5x15 12x15 15x15
Wide Grip Upright Rows 45x12 55(+5)x16 65(+10)x13
Rear delt laterals lying face down on an incline bench 15x15 20x13 25x11
Barbell Shrugs behind the back 45x10 55x13 75(+10)x13

Back and hamstrings on Friday night.

Here is my current supplement list:

Centrum Multi vitamin
400 iu Vitamin E
300 mg Calcium with Vitamin D
500 mg Vitamin C
4000 mg Fish Oil tablets
1000 mg GNC Amino 1000s
10 g daily, Glutamine (powder)
2 tablets, Xenadrine NRG thermogenic ( pre workout and pre cardio only in off season)
5-7 g creatine mixed with dextrose in juice, post workout only
3 Twin Lab ZMA ( before bed each night)

10 Muscle Tech Pump Tech (nitric oxide booster)daily. I started taking this about two weeks ago and will decide in another two weeks whether I think the product is worth continuing.

My trainer recommended that I add Tribulus Terrestris as a testosterone enhancer and an Arachidonic acid product to increase my intake of essential fatty acids. I have ordered both products by mail order and should start taking them this weekend. The Arachidonic product will be Molecular Nutrition's X Factor and I will take 1 200 mg capsule daily. Tribulus intake will be 1500 mg daily.

Emma-Leigh said:
:thumb: Looks good Ego! I'll certainly be following along! :)
Thanks Emma. Chime in any time with your thoughts.

Journey said:
:wave: Hey! I can't what to see what happens!! I hope you like the program! Just think positive thoughts! :D Do you like those "new to you" exercises? Oh yes..and I love the journal title! :thumb:
Hey, Kim, Hi!

Me not likey too much so far the barbell shrugs behind the back ( feels arkward and I am still not sure if I am doing them right) and I have to get over my own prejudice against concentration curls, which never did anything for me in the past. I can't remember the last time I did them. Cable overhead curls seemed to burn my biceps ( and build the "peak") much better. The walking lunges kicked my butt on Tuesday and my hamstrings and glutes are still screaming two days later. :D

Actually, I did start to form the idea for my Journal title after reading your suggestion. :thumb:

b_reed23 said:
The workout sounds great...does it take you a lot of time in the gym?
The workouts, especially leg day, take less time than before. Its split four ways instead of 3. Tonight was 2 hours 15 minutes, which included 25 minutes of warmups and a cool down, a short break after chest and a couple of bathroom runs ( drank alot of water!).
What kinds of cardio do you plan on doing? Just curious! good luck! BILLIE
My cardio varies from week to week, depending somewhat on how I feel, how much time I have, how I look in the mirror and whether I am doing one session or two that week. If its two, the second is usually shorter and a bit less intense. For now, I think I'll be sticking to one cardio session a week as I am really lean right now. It almost always includes walking on a treadmill, usually doing intervals. Then I may do step ups on a platform with dumbbells, brisk walks up and down the incline ramp in the gym with weights in my hand or interval sprints on the basketball court. There is a Gauntlet stair climber in the gym which I tried once and may do on occasion in the future.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
ccr_bballer33 said:
Ego, sounds like a strong program you got going for yourself, I will definitely be paying attention to your journal in the future. Cant wait to see your pics of progress..
Thanks ccr.

You don't like concentration curls!!!! I love those!!! :p Oh yes..and those walking lunges.. FABULOUS! lol I'm about to feel the burn from those bad boys in a bit! :rocker: I've never tried the cable overhead curls..i might have to give those a whirl!

Keep up the great work! :clapping:

whenever I try to do behind the back shrugs, my shoulders pop...also when I do side lateral raises, they hurt a lot when they pop too....not sure if I should stop or go lighter on the weights....but at any rate...I feel your pain!! :)

I wish I had 2 hrs to spend in the gym right now...you must be having a blast now that your starting to get your routine down pat!!

I can't wait to see some new pics Ego...good luck with everything!!

BILLIE

Tonight was back and hamstrings. The routine looks like this:

Back:
Wide grip Pulldowns 4 sets of 15,12,10 and 8 reps
T Bar Rows w/ wide grip, same sequence
One Arm DB Rows 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Close Grip Pulldowns 3 sets of 12-15 reps w/ 60 second rests
Deadlifts 3 sets of 12,10 and 8. Can be alternated week to week with weighted hyperextensions

Hamstrings: ( have already gotten some work with the deadlifts)
Lying Leg Curls 15,12,10,8
Standing single leg curls 3 sets of 12-15 with no rest periods
DB Stiff Deadlifts ( my favorites ;) ) 12,10,8

Tonight:
Back:
Wide grip Pulldowns 50x15 100x12 110x11 110x9(+1)
T Bar Rows 40x12 50x12(+2) 65(+5)x11
One Arm DB Rows 40x12 55x10 60x12(+2)
Close Grip Pulldowns 70x15 90x15 100(+5)x14!! ( rests were longer than 60 seconds because I had to work in with two people)
Deadlifts 155x12 195x11(+1) 215x9(+1)

Hamstrings:
Lying Leg Curls 35x15 55x13 75(+5)x12 95(+5)x7 1/2( couldn't get the last rep all the way up)
Standing single leg curls 10x15 20x17 30(+5)x15
DB Stiff Deadlifts 35x12 60(+5)x12 80(+5) x8

Added 5 pounds on most exercises over last week. My hamstrings, which were tight yesterday, finally did recover and felt fine. It was close to death though doing deadlifts on a Friday night after working all week and having worked out chest and shoulders the night before. I was on the floor after the last set.

I don't think I can hit the 30/50/20 ratio on workout days. Eating carbs pre and post workout with no protein in the pre workout meal is throwing this out of kilter, so I'll stick to the 30/50/20 on off days only. On workout days, its coming out at about 25/60/15.

Going to sleep in tomorrow, get two meals in and work arms a little later in the day than usual on a Saturday. I'm too tired right now and need some additional recovery time.

Saturday's workout: Arms and Abs. The routine:

Triceps:
Close Grip Bench Press 4 sets of 15,12,10,8 reps
Overhead Dumbbell Extensions( two hands) 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Overhead Rope Extensions, same sequence
Wide Grip Tricep Pushdowns 15,12,10

Biceps:
Barbell Curls 15,12,10,8
Standing DB Curls 3 sets of 12-15
EZ Bar Reverse Curls, same sequence
Concentration Curls 3 sets of 15-20

Abs:
Hanging Oblique ( kicking to the side) Leg Raises
Crunches on Fit Ball
Oblique Crunches on Fit Ball
3 sets of each to failure.

Saturday:

Triceps:
Close Grip Bench Press 65x15 85x12 115x11(+1) 140x 10 1/2 (+ 1 1/2) spotter had to pull it up past the sticking point on the last rep
Overhead Dumbbell Extensions 25x15 40x14(-1) 45x14(+2)
Overhead Rope Extensions 20x15 40x15 70(+20)x15
Wide Grip Tricep Pushdowns 70x15 120x13(+1) 140(+10)x18

Biceps:
Barbell Curls 45x15 60x12 70x11 85(+5)x6
Standing DB Curls 20x15 25x13(+1) 25x13(+1)
EZ Bar Reverse Curls 40x15 50(+5)x13 55(+5)x12
Concentration Curls 8x20 10x15 10x13, then Abs.

The biceps workout was better than I expected considering I had finished working back only 18 hours ago.

I got over a couple of things today. First, I have not worked triceps before biceps in years. In the past, sore triceps seemed to affect my bicep workouts, so I haven't done this. Today was OK, no problem. Plus, I hate Fit Balls. Whenever I have tried to use them before, I spent more energy trying not to fall on my a** than I did doing the exercise. Plus, when my trainer was trying to show me two weeks ago how to do the crunches, I did FALL ON MY A**, TWICE!!! I sucked it up today. With the help of some tips in an instructional article from Muscular Development on how to do ball crunches plus being able to "hide" in the corner of the aerobics room so I wouldn't embarass myself in front of everybody if I did fall on my a**, I was able to get the knack for it after a couple of tries. I have to sit really low on the ball to keep it steady and still.

Sunday is Quads and calves.

Hey! yeah, that ball can be a challenge! Can you train your abs at home? In the privacy of your own space?? I work my abs better alone! lol When I do take the ball to the gym, (for the people i'm working with) I "hide" them too.. so they feel more comfy! It's hard to get that good ab workout when your worried with how dumb you look! lol Glad you got over a few things :clapping: Workouts looking great! :thumb:

Journey said:
Hey! yeah, that ball can be a challenge! Can you train your abs at home? In the privacy of your own space??
I could never get motivated to work at home. I tried it years ago, even bought some dumbbells to do arm work, but I just like the atmosphere of a gym better. My abs also train better when my stomach is empty, so that's why its best for me to do them after a weight workout as its been 2-3 hours since I've eaten.
I work my abs better alone! lol When I do take the ball to the gym, (for the people i'm working with) I "hide" them too.. so they feel more comfy! It's hard to get that good ab workout when your worried with how dumb you look!
I was actually using one of the balls that belongs to the gym. I don't have my own. It was actually me who was "hiding", away in the corner behind the punching bags so people couldn't see dear old me struggling trying to stay on that ball....:laugh: Another funny or odd thing...I wanted to try that last week on a weeknight, but at peak hours during the week, the balls were being hogged! :( and the ladies didn't look like they wanted to share...The women LOVE those things, the little buggers...LOL. So I moved the ab workout to the weekends as there are not near as many people in the gym on a weekend morning.
Glad you got over a few things :clapping: Workouts looking great! :thumb:
Thanks. I guess I do need to have more of an open mind sometimes....

Sunday's workout: Quads and calves.

The routine:

Quads:
Leg Extensions 4 sets of 15,12,10 and 8 reps
Front Squats 3 sets of 12-15 ( I use the Smith Machine because I have trouble balancing the free weight bar after a few reps)
Hack Squats same sequence
Walking Barbell Lunges 3 sets of 15 reps on each leg

Calves:
Seated Calf Raises 3 sets of 20,15 and 12 reps
Weighted Calf Raises on Hack Squat(substitute for Donkey Calf Raises because my gym does not have a donkey calf raise machine and I learned awhile ago you do not DARE ask anyone to sit on your back for donkey calf raises anymore :headbang: ) 3 sets of 20 reps, one set straight on, one set with toes pointed in and one set with toes pointed out.
Standing Calf Raises ( I use the Smith Machine) 3 sets of 15-20 reps
Burn Out Set of one leg calf raises on a ledge for up to one minute

Sunday:

Quads:
Leg Extensions 50x15 65x12 80x10 110x10
Front Squats 65x15 85(+20)x14 95(+10)x8 :(
Hack Squats 120x13 160(+10)x14 180x16(+2)
Walking Barbell Lunges 20x18(each leg) 30(+10)x19 40(+10)x16 I am using an EZ Curl Bar for now. After the last set, my upper hamstrings and glutes were totally shot.

Calves:
Seated Calf Raises 25x21 40x18(+2) 50x12
Weighted Calf Raises on Hack Squat 30x17 35(toes in)x19 45(toes out)x18
Smith Machine Calf Raises 45x20 50x17 55x16
One Legged Calf Raises, left leg 17 reps in 35 seconds, right leg 14 reps in 25 seconds. Its going to take awhile to work up to one minute. :eek:

It feels odd not working hamstrings with quads. The workout is much shorter than before, but the quad workout particularly is exhausting. The leg extensions pre exhaust the quads for the front squats and hacks, then the walking lunges become pure torture. :suicide: I did add reps and weight though.

I finished four straight days of training, now I can settle into the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday routine this week. Cardio will be Tuesday morning and I think I will do my second calf workout on Thursday morning.

Nutrition wise, as I said, I can't make the 30/50/20 split on workout days, so I am tracking separately my on and off days. This week on my off days, my ratios were really close to what I wanted: 28%/52%/20%. On days, it was 22/60/18. Average calorie count was 3943. I am not targeting any particular number of calories right now. I'll do what I have to to gain those 3 pounds I want in the next few weeks.

My protein last week was alot of tuna, turkey breast, eye o round roast and two new treats I got at BJs: corn beef brisket and cajun catfish. My cheat was pizza. I got a pizza from last Dominos last weekend, my first since before Thanksgiving. :angel2:

Last edited:
b_reed23 said:
HEY EGO!!!!!! Nice arm workout!!:flex:
Thanks Billie. That's great coming from the Queen of Triceps..:laugh:

IML Gear Cream!
Tuesday I did cardio first thing in the morning and then chest and shoulders in the evening.

Cardio was 40 minutes of moderate intensity walking. I didn't go past setting 4 on the incline because my haven't recovered from Sunday glutes and hams said "no mas, no mas".

The weight workout was excellent. Added reps on all of my chest movements and will be adding weight next time. I blew through my numbers last week on wide grip upright rows and added serious poundages on the barbell shrugs behind the back, which I seem to getting the knack for now after a couple of times.

My Central Nervous System was really taxed last night. I am still wondering if I can keep up this full intensity stuff for 8 straight weeks. I had to extend some rest periods and took a couple of breaks after some exercises due to exhaustion. Now this could be my body still getting adapted to this, plus I did get up at 4:30 in the morning for cardio, worked all day and then went back to the gym. I'll see how I feel the next couple of workouts. A couple of possible solutions could be adding another potato to my pre workout carb up meal and maybe eating some apple slices to keep my blood sugar up during the workout. I was eating apples during my workouts at the end of my last cutting period in March to keep my energy level up after many weeks gradually lowering my carb intake.

I weighed 185 3/4 pre workout, which is 3 1/2 pounds over last Tuesday. What the????? :confused: My appetite has been increasing, but my calorie counts are not very high. In the 3900 area. Then, it could be shock of the new workouts?? Or my body is in a prime anabolic state now coming off the cutting period??? I have seen some articles talking about this theory.

I have finalized an arrangement with the head PT at my gym for pictures, measurements and bodyfat test. We'll do them once a month starting in mid May. I'll post the pictures at Webshots and the measurements in the Journal.

Thursday morning is calves, then back and hamstrings at night.

Worked calves and abs Thursday morning 5:30 AM, one hour total and then back and hamstrings this evening. Didn't see any increases on calves except on seated calf raises. The night workout ROCKED!:rocker:

No problems with energy level or CNS burnout. Increased weights or reps on everything but deadlifts, which I tied at 215 x 9 reps on the last set with last week. Added ten pounds to T Bar Rows and standing leg curls. On DB Stiff Deads, last week I did 35x12, 60x12 and 80x8. Tonight, 35x13, 65x12 and 80x10! :eek:

Saturday is arms and abs.

My training may be derailed for awhile in the near future. I had inklings that this was coming and I learned today that it is very likely I am being sent down to Texas to help out another office for potentially several weeks, starting as early as May 11th( less than two weeks from now). I will have the option to fly back home for weekends, but I cannot see being able to workout 4 days a week living out of a suitcase, plus having a heavy workload and of course the diet part is going to be challenging. All of this is not yet fully confirmed. I should know if not on Friday, then sometime next week if it is a go. So we'll see....

Egoatdoor said:
My training may be derailed for awhile in the near future. I had inklings that this was coming and I learned today that it is very likely I am being sent down to Texas to help out another office for potentially several weeks, starting as early as May 11th( less than two weeks from now). I will have the option to fly back home for weekends, but I cannot see being able to workout 4 days a week living out of a suitcase, plus having a heavy workload and of course the diet part is going to be challenging. All of this is not yet fully confirmed. I should know if not on Friday, then sometime next week if it is a go. So we'll see....
:(

So what are you going to do? Will you just have to put training on hold? Can you train down there?

Hey Ego! I've been keeping up with your journal! Just not much time to post! I hope everything works out for you!!

Emma-Leigh said:
:(

So what are you going to do? Will you just have to put training on hold? Can you train down there?
I'll train when I can, but I guess it won't be more than 2, maybe 3 days a week. Its a small city, but there appears to be a World Gym there, according to the company website, so that is good.

Diet could be a real problem if I have to be eating out all of the time, plus I may be working a lot more hours and of course spending too much time in airports and on planes, so I may concentrate on doing more cardio ( hopefully the hotel has a treadmill and if not, I'll walk outdoors before breakfast) to keep the fat down and just do basic maintenance type weight training until I come back home for good.

I'll have a much better idea after the first week what I will or will not be able to do.

Worked arms and abs this morning. Boy, I never knew arm workouts could be so exhausting!

Did bis first and added two or three reps on the last set of barbell curls, dumbbell curls and reverse curls. Biceps were fried when I got to concentration curls and I barely equaled last week's rep counts. On tris, added 5 pounds to close grip bench and 20 pounds on rope extensions. I felt better on the Fitballs and added reps on my ab exercises too.

Quads and calves on Sunday.

Egoatdoor said:
I'll train when I can, but I guess it won't be more than 2, maybe 3 days a week. Its a small city, but there appears to be a World Gym there, according to the company website, so that is good.

Diet could be a real problem if I have to be eating out all of the time, plus I may be working a lot more hours and of course spending too much time in airports and on planes, so I may concentrate on doing more cardio ( hopefully the hotel has a treadmill and if not, I'll walk outdoors before breakfast) to keep the fat down and just do basic maintenance type weight training until I come back home for good.

I'll have a much better idea after the first week what I will or will not be able to do.
I feel your pain, brother. I spend a bit of time on the road for work as well, though I bounce around from town to town. I usually have to hunt down a gym if I want to lift at all. As far as eating, I take shakes with me and fill in with a lot of salads, chicken and steak. Soups too. Not great, but better than what most of my co-workers choke down.

By the way, if you haven't tried them already, the Instone shakes are great for travel. They are great with just water, and the pre-measured amounts make life much easier. Just a thought.

Pylon said:
As far as eating, I take shakes with me and fill in with a lot of salads, chicken and steak. Soups too. Not great, but better than what most of my co-workers choke down.
Yeah, I hope I can do the same thing. What I am afraid of is it is a rural area and is not far from Cajun country, so the number of places to eat may be limited and cajun stuff is pretty greasy and fatty if I understand right.

Worked quads, calves and abs today. I'm adding weight on my sets and still blowing way past the desired reps ranges. My strength is going up much faster than I expected. Added 15 pounds on leg extensions and 10 on both the hack squats and walking lunges. Even added reps on calves after only two days rest.

Week 3 of 8 is done and will be adding weights on many exercises next week on all my workouts. Before, I would have been afraid of burnout, but my trainer is forcing me to break through those old barriers and self imposed limits.

Cardio on Tuesday morning and then chest and shoulders at night.

I've been on Pump Tech for four weeks and the Tribulus and X Factor for one week. Am definitely bigger over the last ten days, my forearms looked like ripped bungy cords and my quads have separation I've never seen in off season condition before. But, my face is breaking out. Three pimples in the last few days and then another one popped up on one of my hamstrings today. I'm wondering if this is a side affect of either the Tribulus, arachidonic acid or both??? :confused:

Egoatdoor said:
Yeah, I hope I can do the same thing. What I am afraid of is it is a rural area and is not far from Cajun country, so the number of places to eat may be limited and cajun stuff is pretty greasy and fatty if I understand right.
You should be OK, as long as you like seafood. Sure, they love to fry anything that isn't moving (and some things that are) but if you dig blackened fish and shrimp type foods, you'll be OK.

Back