• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Body image problems?

seabee

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've had em for years. The solution? A camera!

I bought this camera that shoots on floppy so I can look at photos daily if I want.

Hey, I have been at this for over 8 years, and when I look in the mirror i think "lame." NOW, I snap a picture and load to computer and look at it objectively like I do IM photos and i say "damn, I'm friggin muscular...thats how i want to look!"

I know it sounds simple, but you have to get away from the mirror. Even abs...I look in the mirror and say "man, your too smooth." then I shoot a photo and see some ab definition I couldn't see while critisizing myself in front of the mirror.

My guess is alot of guys (girls) are too hard on themselves when they just use their mirror. Take pictures! Oh, listen to others once in awhile. I went to my aunt's house last summer (cut better then ever). She said "Wow, you lost alot of weight...are you ok? You need to eat." (well, naked I looked great, but not dressed). This year I go over before my cut and she says I look great, and so did other people. Yeah, my normal shirts are tight in the shoulders now :) Even my last GF didn't like me cut, she wanted meat, and i didn't like her cut, i like a little meat too. Anyway if you don;t compete, you are probably looking good if your not skinny or fat. Take a picture and judge that way. Forget the mirror and the scale.

Body image problems suck, don't they?

The mirror is kinder to me than pictures actually. But if I look at my old pictures, terrible.

I like never get what people would consider ripped. I can gain and loose like 30 pounds pretty easily, but I'm too afraid of going past it and losing all my gains. I'm not one to walk around proudly with my shirt off even though I'm not fat--I'm just not where I want to be.

Man, I ONLY get attention form females when I'm bulked up and the clothes are tight. Loose jeans and a tight t-shirt and its all over. When I cut, nobody seems to care except the marathon chic at the pool who looks like she's dying. Women (most) today like the meat! And I'm talking about a muscular body carrying 20% bf! I see it here everyday. Just look at all the doughboys in Hondas with hot girls.

Maybe your muscles are just to small to do a cut? Ever think of that! kidding. You can have low body fat and still have a larger frame.

I started at 145lbs, now I am 215 w/under 20% bf. Do the math. All I'm saying is that when I cut below 10% I look like average gym guy...now I look extraordinary (for a natural). It seems like there is all the shape of my muscles, but with an inch more everywhere....no, I don't have striations and deep definition, but still lots of definition and fair vascularity now. When I cut I give up a hell of alot of the bulk to look impressive only when I'm naked, and without getting personal, alot of girls like the meatier version better...This is from them, not me. I think because most hot girls (to me) have meat and arn't cut (but have good bodies), they want a good body with meat on guys too. Am I wrong here?

WilliamB said:
Maybe your muscles are just to small to do a cut? Ever think of that! kidding. You can have low body fat and still have a larger frame.

what the fuck? do you go out of your way to be a dick head?

I hate feeling small. I always want to be bigger and more muscular.

Search the forum for body dismorphia(sp). There are some really good posts on this.

Yeah I'll never f*ckin look how I want. I'm going to fucking give up.

seabee said:
When I cut, nobody seems to care except the marathon chic at the pool who looks like she's dying. Women (most) today like the meat! And I'm talking about a muscular body carrying 20% bf! I see it here everyday. Just look at all the doughboys in Hondas with hot girls.
It's like the same alot of guys look for in chicks, do you want the "marathon chick" or a "JLo" with something you can grab on to.

seabee said:
Women (most) today like the meat! And I'm talking about a muscular body carrying 20% bf!

most women like money, success, confidence, and stability. from what I have heard, looks are a lot lower on the list for women than they are for men.

i think that if you ask most women on looks alone, not overall appeal, they are going to go with the guy who is below 10% bf. that doesn't necessarily mean it is a priority.

and just for the record, you aren't fooling anyone with your extra body fat. I see dudes at the gym all the time that are +20%, walking around like they are the shit. I feel like walking up to them and saying "instead of doing 12 sets of flat bench, you need to get on the treadmill."

I know what you guys are talking about. I think when you look ripped people just assume you're a health nut (and that it's usually a bad thing). It also depends how you carry yourself (the personality), too.

clemson357 said:
what the fuck? do you go out of your way to be a dick head?
No I have to go out of my way to not be a dick head.:wave:

WilliamB said:
No I have to go out of my way to not be a dick head.:wave:

and that makes you cool. :thumb:

:thumb:

Back