• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Hey 1FAST400... need clarification...

drew.haynes

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I bought 200g of the GABA from BN. Anyway, outside of the thing says 1/4 Teaspoon is 540mg... so you are saying I need to take about 2 and 1/3 tsp to get a 5g dose before bedtime? So if 2.3tsp is 5g and the container is supposed to be 100g, I should be able to get 46tsp out of it (20x5=100 , 2.3tsp = 5g , 20x2.3tsp = 46)? Seems strange... also wouldnt that make GABA like 2.3x lighter than Creatine or Glutamine?

I just wanna also make sure I really am taking just 4g by taking 2 tsp.

Thanks alot,

Drew Haynes

Bump, i'd like to know what is up, and my dosages before I take this again tonight.

Thanks

Robert DiMaggio said:
If you really want the answer from Mike why don't you ask on his board or send him an email?

Well, I don't have to hear it from him... just thought he read threads here. Anyone who knows, doesn't really matter.

Hmm, me and SoxMuscle just had a discussion about this.

Grams are a measure of mass, while tsp/ml/cc is volume. 1 tsp can be converted to 5ml/cc, but g/tsp is dependant on the density of the substance, correct?

So while 5g of creatine roughly may fill a tsp, it may be different for something else. Like 5g of O2 may fill a huge box, and 5g of platinum dust may be much smaller than a tsp.

So anyway, the GABA container says 1/4tsp = 540mg... 1tsp would then be 2.16g, not ~4.73g. But that would also make it less than half the density of creatine, which seems strange since creatine is already so light, hence my questions.

I'm still stumped to the amount that I take.

drew.haynes said:
So anyway, the GABA container says 1/4tsp = 540mg... 1tsp would then be 2.16g, not ~4.73g. But that would also make it less than half the density of creatine, which seems strange since creatine is already so light, hence my questions.
Weight is not interchangable with mass. Your weight depends on the force of gravity or Fg, while your mass remains constant despite Fg. Density is the ratio of the mass of a substance to the volume it occupies, which is in kilograms per cubic meter. Creatine doesn't have the same density of water and since 1 tablespoon equals 14.7867648 ml's, 1 tablespoon of one substance will only equal 1 tablespoon of another in terms of density if they are of equal density to each other and water, and density varies with temperature and pressure.

gococksDJS said:
Weight is not interchangable with mass. Your weight depends on the force of gravity or Fg, while your mass remains constant despite Fg. Density is the ratio of the mass of a substance to the volume it occupies, which is in kilograms per cubic meter. Creatine doesn't have the same density of water and since 1 tablespoon equals 14.7867648 ml's, 1 tablespoon of one substance will only equal 1 tablespoon of another in terms of density if they are of equal density to each other and water, and density varies with temperature and pressure.

I do believe I covered that when I said "g/tsp is dependant on the density of the substance". And yeah, mass and weight are different, but because I am not storing my creatine on earth and my gaba on the moon, I think it is fair to guess that the heavier one has a greater mass. Next time I will specificy what orbiting mass I am on... and since when do you have to measure density in kg/m^3?

IML Gear Cream!
drew.haynes said:
I do believe I covered that when I said "g/tsp is dependant on the density of the substance". And yeah, mass and weight are different, but because I am not storing my creatine on earth and my gaba on the moon, I think it is fair to guess that the heavier one has a greater mass. Next time I will specificy what orbiting mass I am on... and since when do you have to measure density in kg/m^3?
LOL

Chris

drew.haynes said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but you asked if g/tsp was dependent upon density, did you not? So I answered your question. And another thing, you don't have to be on different orbiting masses for weight and density to vary. Weight is mass x the force of gravity and since the force of gravity varies with altitude the weight of an object can vary here on earth, but not its mass, like the wad your boyfriend shoots in your eye in the mountains wouldn't weigh as much as it would at sealevel. And kg/m^3 is the SI units and g/cm is cgs system.

gococksDJS said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but you asked if g/tsp was dependent upon density, did you not? So I answered your question. And another thing, you don't have to be on different orbiting masses for weight and density to vary. Weight is mass x the force of gravity and since the force of gravity varies with altitude the weight of an object can vary here on earth, but not its mass, like the wad your boyfriend shoots in your eye in the mountains wouldn't weigh as much as it would at sealevel. And kg/m^3 is the SI units and g/cm is cgs system.

Ok, buddy... think about this. Ur saying gravity varies with altitude. Well I have no reason to take diff supps at diff altitudes, so that's kind of irrelevant. So since we should be able to agree that gravity is not varying, then the heavier supplement WOULD have more mass. I did not say they were EQUAL.

G/Tsp IS density. Density is any unit of mass over any unit of volume. A Tsp is 4.92892161 ml, or 4.92892161 CUBIC CENTIMETERS if that sounds so much better to you.

drew.haynes said:
Ok, buddy... think about this. Ur saying gravity varies with altitude. Well I have no reason to take diff supps at diff altitudes, so that's kind of irrelevant. So since we should be able to agree that gravity is not varying, then the heavier supplement WOULD have more mass. I did not say they were EQUAL.

G/Tsp IS density. Density is any unit of mass over any unit of volume. A Tsp is 4.92892161 ml, or 4.92892161 CUBIC CENTIMETERS if that sounds so much better to you.
Well personally, I take creatine at higher altitudes than I do whey protein. Calm down man, I was just answering your question, no need to menstruate all over the place.

gococksDJS said:
Well personally, I take creatine at higher altitudes than I do whey protein. Calm down man, I was just answering your question, no need to menstruate all over the place.

Uhuh. So to sum up your answer to my question... how am I supposed to accurately determine my dosage without a scale? Has no one else taken 1Fast400's GABA?

Back