• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Abs Daily???

How often do you work your abs?

• 5 Times per week

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • 4 Times per week

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • 3 Times per week

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • 2 Times per week

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • 1 Time per week

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • None

Votes: 11 8.8%

• Total voters

G13

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just wondering how often most people work thier abs?

i do mine 2 times a week, they are a muscle like any other and should not be trained every day (at least in my opinion and many books/magazines i have read). but some will disagreee.

WATTS said:
i do mine 2 times a week, they are a muscle like any other and should not be trained every day (at least in my opinion and many books/magazines i have read). but some will disagreee.

I completely agree with you, the most I'll train is twice a week, but some weeks I'll just do it once.

my abs get enough damn work holding me up, and get worked a ton at my job anyway, i try not to work them anymore because my obliques are huge and look like love handles at the moment....

Uzi9 said:
....................:rolleyes:

lol hey, gimme a break, some people love em, some people dont. same thing with having other muscles being big, some people would love to have a huge ass chest, and other people dont care for it.

ABS......olutely work them every day! They and your calves can take the beating!!!

Once a week; they get enough work from other exercises.

IML Gear Cream!
I still think that if you aren't doing core strength exercises then you need to work them everyday!

devildog88 said:
ABS......olutely work them every day! They and your calves can take the beating!!!

Yeah, listen to this guy and you'll get nowhere in a big fuckkin hurry.

Duncans Donuts said:
Yeah, listen to this guy and you'll get nowhere in a big fuckkin hurry.
You are a well versed man with your opinions. Probably educated at home!

I revert back to my boxing mentality when it comes to working my abs. I do some abs inbetween every exercise. That is 4 times a week.

devildog88 said:
You are a well versed man with your opinions. Probably educated at home!

Thanks for the input, you mental defective dunderhead.

lol theres never a thread without bitching, just for the record though i would have to agree with duncan on this one, i do mine twice a week and hit them hard, they show great results

Duncans Donuts said:
Thanks for the input, you mental defective dunderhead.
You are welcome.

Maybe I should rephrase this. I think it is important to work your abs everyday that you workout. In my case that would be 5 days a week. If you are a three day person then three days. Now this doesn't have to be three different excercises at three sets each. In my case I do one set every day that I work out. I also vary the type of exercise that I do. Works for me but may not for you.

"dunderhead"? Come on, surely you can search the archives of that great mind of yours for a better reply than that? I am somewhat disappointed in the "duncan donut"!

devildog88 said:
"dunderhead"? Come on, surely you can search the archives of that great mind of yours for a better reply than that? I am somewhat disappointed in the "duncan donut"!
yeah man get a life, you made what would seem a fairly mature reply above this post, but then you go a put this. everyone is different and train different, i personnly would not recomend hitting a single muscle group every single workout day as when are you going to give your abs enough time to recover and grow.

IML Gear Cream!
Yeah, You are right that was a somewhat smartassed comment. My apologies!

I use to them them everyday for a warmup. Two sets of crunches and two sets of leg raises. But now doing abs twice a week with more intensity.

I think it depends on intensity. You could work them once a week to absolute failure, or you could give them a little something three times a week. Neither answer is really wrong; neither is right. Personally, I like working them about three times a week, three sets of weighted sit ups (nothing to intense) each time.

i do them twice a week with at least 2 days rest in between. 6 sets and 2 exercises every time i work them

devildog88 said:
You are welcome.

Maybe I should rephrase this. I think it is important to work your abs everyday that you workout. In my case that would be 5 days a week. If you are a three day person then three days. Now this doesn't have to be three different excercises at three sets each. In my case I do one set every day that I work out. I also vary the type of exercise that I do. Works for me but may not for you.

Let me spell this out for you.

You are a fucking retard. I hate this mystic bullshit about "Works for me". Tell me why it works for you? Tell me why it's optimal? Tell me why anyone should do what you say? Don't just say something that contradicts common sense. GIVE A REASON. Because you didnt' give any reason why the abs can be trained everday while everything else can't.

Then you threw in something about core strength. You think you'll get strong working your abs every day? Wow, this is amazing, another newbie parading around telling people bullshit and setting the case of exercise science back a decade. Got any reasoning behind your nonsensical statement? Besides "CUZ IT WORKS FOR ME!". I bet it doesn't, actually. I bet your midsection is as atrophied as a nutsack stacked on 2 grams of deca and half a gram of oxymeth.

Let me point out that all I did was criticize his position, initially, which I was polite about. I restrained myself. The firs thing that hit my mind, frankly, was that if you listen to this dumb fucker, you're even stupider than he is, which says a lot. This is how I know that nobody listened to him, because finding two people on this board as encompassed in sheer dimwitted buffoonery would completely shit on everything i know about statistical odds.

Oh, you did give a reason:

They and your calves can take the beating!!!

From what divine source was this epiphany laid upon you? Did the notice come with all those exclamation points?

Duncans Donuts said:
Let me spell this out for you.

You are a fucking retard. I hate this mystic bullshit about "Works for me". Tell me why it works for you?
Um, please don't tell me you just insulted his intelligence and them implied that the same things would work for all people...

Duncans Donuts said:
Tell me why it's optimal? Tell me why anyone should do what you say? Don't just say something that contradicts common sense. GIVE A REASON. Because you didnt' give any reason why the abs can be trained everday while everything else can't.
There is a reason, actually. I forgot what it is, but it may have something to do with slow twitch muscle fibers. In other words, it takes a lot more exercise to tire them out, just like your calves. They get used an awful lot, and can therefore take much more exercise than the typical muscle. Plus it depends on the intensity with which they're worked.

Duncans Donuts said:
Then you threw in something about core strength. You think you'll get strong working your abs every day? Wow, this is amazing, another newbie parading around telling people bullshit and setting the case of exercise science back a decade. Got any reasoning behind your nonsensical statement? Besides "CUZ IT WORKS FOR ME!". I bet it doesn't, actually. I bet your midsection is as atrophied as a nutsack stacked on 2 grams of deca and half a gram of oxymeth.
Abs do indeed have a lot to do with core strength. They're involved in the two biggest powerlifting moves: squats and deadlifts. They're main stabilizers and get worked quite a bit when the exercises are done properly. Without strong abs, those two lifts won't be very big.

Duncans Donuts said:
Let me point out that all I did was criticize his position, initially, which I was polite about. I restrained myself. The firs thing that hit my mind, frankly, was that if you listen to this dumb fucker, you're even stupider than he is, which says a lot. This is how I know that nobody listened to him, because finding two people on this board as encompassed in sheer dimwitted buffoonery would completely shit on everything i know about statistical odds.
I'm not really sure what to say about this... :hmmm:

Squaggleboggin said:
Um, please don't tell me you just insulted his intelligence and them implied that the same things would work for all people...

Is that what I said? I think you're confused.

There is a reason, actually. I forgot what it is, but it may have something to do with slow twitch muscle fibers. In other words, it takes a lot more exercise to tire them out, just like your calves. They get used an awful lot, and can therefore take much more exercise than the typical muscle. Plus it depends on the intensity with which they're worked.

Or you could say that since they are already so overworked, it requires a great (meaning large or immense) and UNUSUAL stimulus to break out of it's current homeostatic state. You could look at it lots of ways, actually. To fatigue anaerobically something with a high percentage of slow twitch fibers could probably be done with higher reps, higher TUT, with no more than 2-4 sets done per exercise session. You could up the volume, sure, but again we're speaking of optimization - and I'm not saying not to do that - but do you work any part of your body 5 times a week?? Does anyone (not on steroids) ?? So what makes the abdominals any different, beyond the assesment that they are already used a great deal and need exorbitant amounts of volume to progress? And I'm saying that I'm completely sure that if you train your abs daily, you won't have powerful abs.

I know of MEDX testing that indicated because of the enormous amount of work done on the lower back that high intense exercise done more than once ever 2-3 weeks resulted in overuse atrophy. You can reference the studies done at UF in Gainesville if you want to see how the theory of "it's used all the time so it needs more work volume to improve" might be flawed.

Abs do indeed have a lot to do with core strength. They're involved in the two biggest powerlifting moves: squats and deadlifts. They're main stabilizers and get worked quite a bit when the exercises are done properly. Without strong abs, those two lifts won't be very big.
Wow, thanks for the update. Go reference what he said about core strength (if you don't do any core strength, train your abs 5 times a week) and tell me how what you said relates to that?

I'm not really sure what to say about this... :hmmm:
Funny, I was wondering the same about yours.

That's pretty much how I understood this: "I hate this mystic bullshit about "Works for me"." What did you mean if you weren't talking about certain things working for certain people? Maybe I just didn't read his post carefully enough.

"And I'm saying that I'm completely sure that if you train your abs daily, you won't have powerful abs." I agree, but that's not what was originally said. He said that you should work your abs every day that you otherwise work out. That does not mean every single day.

"Wow, thanks for the update. Go reference what he said about core strength (if you don't do any core strength, train your abs 5 times a week) and tell me how what you said relates to that?" He said to do ab work for core strength; I said that ab work increases core strength; you felt the need to tell me that my statement was unrelated...

Now I didn't mean to come off as a jerk, but many of the things you said seemed to contradict things I know you know, so I felt the need to pick at what you said because I was extremely bored (and still am). Basically everything I said was probably a misunderstanding of your post, or at least I hope so, and I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say as well.

So much hate here, you all need to go to the grocery store and buy some pills that says "Chill Pills" ...you need them

Back