• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Change in Vision

bonger

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I posted this in the General forum but I need some advice asap so don't jump on me for putting it here.
-----------

I've been on Test e for a couple weeks now and I'm making good gains but I've come across a problem I haven't seen discussed.

I went in for an eye exam today and my eyesight has gotten worse. I had a mild perscription before and it's almost doubled In the two months since i had my eyes checked last.

Is this a result of higher blood pressure, now 135-150/80 vs my usual 110-120/70. Or is it a result of more fluid being retained in the cells because of the test and creatine?

Wondering if I need to stop the test or Is this a temp condition that will get better when I get off the test?

Anyone come across this before?

You pressure right now is not that bad....not even close to cause you to lose your eye sight. How old are you? My eye doctor just told me that your eyes don't usually slow down getting worse until you are around 28 years old. At that point your eyes are going to slow down getting worse...its possible you had a spurt of eye change that has made your vision worse. I don't think its connected to the test.

My eyes started going bad when I was 11 years old, and have continued to get worse since then. Im pretty sure im legally blind, as far as driving a car goes, without my contacts, but Im planning on getting lasik when im 30 or so.

I'm 40 now and my vision has been stable for many many years.

I'm pretty sure it's tied to taking the test. Just not sure what's going on.

Are you running HCG along with Test? If so I found this on Pubmed:-

Ocular adverse effects of human chorionic gonadotropin.

Lee M, Fried WI, Sharifi R.

This is the first case report of blurred vision and scotomas associated with hCG injections. Similar visual disturbances have been caused by clomiphene, which is similar to hCG in enhancing LH activity and increasing testosterone levels.

Publication Types:
  • Case Reports
PMID: 6873322 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I was about 12 or so when my vision started to slide. Blood pressure can cause visual artifacts, but your issue may just be normal degredation of eyesight, either from abuse or genetics or both. I used to read in poor lighting, my dad had 5/20 and 10/20 eyes yet my mom wore glasses, so I got her eyes apparently.

Clomid and nolvadex can cause vision problems, it will say so in your PDR if its half way up to date. Yet another reason not to be on the stuff year round.

whoo 200/20 and 180/20 go me!

High blood sugar will also cause vision problems. Have you checked that? Very important!

IML Gear Cream!
are vision problems common from AS use? i know to stay well clear from clomid but could mild AS use really cause long term sight problems? i've never heard it mentioned as a common side before

young d said:
are vision problems common from AS use? i know to stay well clear from clomid but could mild AS use really cause long term sight problems? i've never heard it mentioned as a common side before
I've scanned Pubmed and haven't found any real data supporting a link. The closest reference I found was one entitled "The influence of sex hormones on ocular blood flow in women" The study concluded:-

Our data provide evidence of a relationship between serum sex hormone levels and blood flow velocities and resistive indices in retrobulbar arteries. Oestradiol appears to have beneficial effects on ocular haemodynamics, whereas testosterone may act as an antagonistic to the effects of oestrogen.
Personally I wouldn't worry about it.

Clomid has been known to cause sight problems. But I haven't heard this from nolva?

Back