• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need some advise

JKrayven

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I recently got out of the military. My job required a very lean physique, and I still run 5 miles a day. However. Since I got out, almost 6 months ago, I have been on a rigourous routine of slightly higher in protein diet, and weightlifting.

Before the muscles I had were cut already, and after 6 months I expected to see something in the area of muscle mass gain, yet I am seeing nothing but even more cut. While I like my toning, I am looking to gain more mass. My schedule is 4 days on two days off, lower reps, higher weight, with resting of each muscle group in between.

Am I going about this the wrong way? If someone could let me know either how to change my workout schedule to better promote mass gain, or which ones out of the gazillion supplements are out there that could help, please let me know. I'm getting quite frustrated.

I am not an expert but I suspect you probably need to eat a lot more protein and increase your caloric intake. Low reps + heavy weight should help you put on mass, but the calories you are taking in may not be enough and the protein intake may need to be bumped up. I have seen some of the more senior lads here recommend up to 2 grams of protein per 1 lb in body weight. Also too much cardio like running 5 miles may also prevent you from putting on mass if you are lifting on the same day. Another item the more senior lads here state is to get some solid sleep after lifting. Mudge, DG806 or Robert could probably explain this better.....

Running 5 miles a day and a "slightly higher in protein diet" doesn't sound like a recipe for muscle growth. How many calories are you ingesting? How many grams of protein are your getting each day? Assuming your training is in order and you're getting adequate rest (something I doubt if you're running 5 miles a day) it's probably your diet that's at fault.

Dittos to redspy.

You might want to check out this thread to get some guidance.

My Diet consists of approximately 3500 calories a day. I eat 4 meals a day, spead out evenly. Breakfast is 2 eggs and a bowl of Special K. Mid lunch is a tuna sandwhich on whole wheat, no mayo, Late lunch is usually 2 Turkey burgers, lettuce tomato, and two bananas, and 3 hours before bed I have a salad, no dressing. Water intake is usally 2.5- 3 gallons a day. it's a military thing.

I don't want to gain mass and lose my agility? Is there a happy medium?

Back