• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

hernia help

halfstep

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've had a hernia for a long time...since I was 17, now im 23. My doctor said to keep an eye on it and if it ever hurt to see a doctor, but I've never had any pain. I am a breakdancer, and recently I've been really wanting to flaten my stomach and get some abs, but this lump in my stomach doesn't make it easy. Are there any special exercises I can do to help it? Or is surgery the only option. Does sleeping on your back help the hernia? Does sleeping on your back help flaten your stomach? Sorry I'm new to this.

Thanks

Harley

i dont know if there's a lot you can do for it - when i squat, i get a pain about 2" below my waistline, just about 1" off to the left of center. feels like a ballpoint pen being jabbed into my abdomen - common sign of an inguinal hernia. thats why i dont squat anymore.

a hernia is not fixable by exercise, from what i understand. the best fix is surgery. especially if it gets bad and can't be pushed back in - then surgery is of immediate concern. i learned a little bit about hernias when my dad had triple hernia surgery.

So if I have the surgery what will recovery be like? Do you ever go back to 100%, or will you always feel weaker in the stomach or what?

You'll go back to 100% and pretty quickly also. Surgery has come a long way in the past few years :thumbs: I've had 2 hernia surgeries and I'm fine :thumbs: I recommend getting the surgery and getting it out of the way.

My brother had both sides done in January and he's fine now, goes to the gym, etc.

Going in for a double surgery in 12 days...

I blew mine out in Nov-04, it didn't bother me then, but is a workout killer now...

From someone who has had it hanging over me for a long time...

It will be a relief to be done, and get back to my old self :flex:

It's your decision!?
Good luck :thumb:

Oh.. can you teach me to Breakdance again? :laugh:

get it fixed....its the only way to get rid of the protrusion and the surgery really isnt a big deal (as surgeries go)....you will be back to 100% in no time....i had inguinal hernia repair and it NEVER bothers me....actually i forget i even had the surgery till i see a post like this.

my advice...get it fixed

I just had a ingunial hernia repair yesterday. The pain was bad afterward. IT hurts to cough, I can't move around to much when I do it hurts like a bitch. My nut is swolen up and sack is bruised. They also told me I had a big glob of fat that had fell into my sack they had to cut it out. Now the day afterward the pain has decrease alot. but nuts are the same. meds are good though so no worries

Get it done bro.

Back