Pumping Iron

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Pumping Iron

  1. #1
    Registered User
    SPIKE1257's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Points
    10929050

    Pumping Iron

    They say we are muscle-bound and freaks. Well, I tell you the truth, man: I never really pay too much attention to these people. The more they talk, that's the more I'm going to continue working out. Because that's the way I feel about it. It's the thing I want to do I'm going to continue. I don't care what they say... I think that it's a very good thing and I'm going to continue with it as long as the Lord leaves me breath and I have the strength to go along with it. I'm going to be doing it all the time.- Lawrence Samual
    Bodybuilding should be fun because you get a feeling of satisfaction which is very hard to explain. A bodybuilder knows that when he pumps up his muscles it means growth. The muscles growth. So therefor he knows when he pumps up well, that is progress. And that satisfies him because he feels the progress in his body. Therefor the pump feels good. It's actually the best feeling a bodybuilder can have. It's a difficult thing to explain. Like sometimes we joke around and we get a good pump and we say you have to admit that a good pump is better than coming. Somebody off the street wouldn't understand that, but sometimes a pump is the best feeling you can have. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    You don't really see a muscle as a part of you, in a way. You see it as a thing. You look at it as thing and you say well this thing has to be built a little longer, the biceps has to be thicker here in the elbow area. And you look at it and it doesn't even seem to belong to you. Like a sculpture. Then after looking at it a sculptor goes in with this thing and works a little bit, and you do maybe then some extra forced reps to get this lower part out. You form it. Just like sculpture. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. You know, you wear regular shirts, loose shirts-not always trying to show what you have. You talk less about it. It's like you have a little BMW - you want to race hell out of this car, because you know it's just going 110. But if you see guys driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator they are going to go 170. These things are the same in every field. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Well, most people think that bodybuilders are strictly after their body in appearance only. I find that isn't true. That's only half of it. The other half is it comes on rather strong in developing yourself mentally as well. A broad outlook on life- the trials and tribulations, ups and downs you know. You're able to take things as they come and go. - Ed Corney
    I want to be bigger than everybody else, but I wouldn't want to be so big that people can't accept it. For instance, if you you come in with 30-inch-arms, even your own peers aren't going to accept that. I wouldn't want to be that way. I wouldn't want to infinitely become unreal. - Mike Katz
    If another man can do it, so can I. And I'm going to do it. I don't care how much work it takes. Work doesn't bother me. She knows. I worked hard - I go through pain, unbelievable suffering and I love every minute of it. Not because you like it - you don't enjoy it, but somehow you want to feel that pain in order to know that you're having a good workout. Believe me it's hard work. I don't think there's any sport, anything in the world, that takes so much pain and so much struggle and so much motivation. And the man that can stand this can achieve the top. - Tony Roma
    I won't do anything else until I win Mr.Universe. If I have train ten years, I'm going to win it. I don't know why I say that because the education is just as important, but I could not be happy right now going out as a loser. I placed third in Mr.Universe last year. If I went out as a loser it would make the ten years I've spent in bodybuilding a complete waste.- Mike Katz
    I don't want to die just another slob-with my name on a gravestone someplace. I want to die with my name somewhere at the top. Make a little dent in the sport I'm in, so that maybe forty years from now people will say, 'Hey, that guy was Mr.America.' This would give me enough happiness to die with a smile on my face. - Mike Katz
    When I was ten years ten years old i got this thing that I wanted to be the best in something, so I started swimming. I won championships, but I felt I couldn't be the best. I tried skiing, but there I felt I didn't have the potential. I played soccer, but i didn't like that too well because there I didn't get the credit alone if I did something special. I just avoided team sports from then on. Then I started weight lifting through the other sports and I enjoyed it the most. I won the Austrian championship in 1964 but I found I was just too tall. So I quit that and went into bodybuilding. Two years later I found out that that's it-that's what I can be best in. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

  2. #2
    Registered User
    njc's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Points
    215699626

    Nice.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Prince's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    64,293
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    NICE!

    but no Louie?


    IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15






    IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15



  4. #4
    My Little Man
    KarlW's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sydney Oz
    Posts
    1,030
    Rep Points
    2748183

    I won't do anything else until I win Mr.Universe. If I have train ten years, I'm going to win it. I don't know why I say that because the education is just as important, but I could not be happy right now going out as a loser. I placed third in Mr.Universe last year. If I went out as a loser it would make the ten years I've spent in bodybuilding a complete waste.- Mike Katz
    I don't want to die just another slob-with my name on a gravestone someplace. I want to die with my name somewhere at the top. Make a little dent in the sport I'm in, so that maybe forty years from now people will say, 'Hey, that guy was Mr.America.' This would give me enough happiness to die with a smile on my face. - Mike Katz
    From what little I've seen of him I always found Katz strange.
    What this means is that when we drop a ball and it falls to the ground, it wasn't the ball that moved (down to the ground), but the ground that moved (up to the ball)

  5. #5
    Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR
    ZECH's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Down by the River
    Posts
    20,185
    Rep Points
    433295487

    Yeah, no Louie! That's a travesty.




    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    musclepump's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    America! Fuck yeah!
    Posts
    6,671
    Rep Points
    9223879

    Katz aged horribly. Old, fat, and bald now.
    Let's all join together and SPEAK ENGLISH IN AMERICA.


  7. #7
    flawless


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,153
    Rep Points
    11205525

    spike i love your posts, keep em coming!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    SPIKE1257's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Points
    10929050

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert DiMaggio
    NICE!

    but no Louie?
    I know, I should have had something from Lou in this Pumping Iron piece..

  9. #9
    My Little Man
    KarlW's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sydney Oz
    Posts
    1,030
    Rep Points
    2748183

    Quote Originally Posted by musclepump
    Katz aged horribly. Old, fat, and bald now.
    He was half bald in PI wasn't he?
    What this means is that when we drop a ball and it falls to the ground, it wasn't the ball that moved (down to the ground), but the ground that moved (up to the ball)

  10. #10
    Registered User
    WilliamB's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    703
    Rep Points
    10

    Thats a weight lifting face in that first picture of Arnold. You can see pain in his face.

  11. #11
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,826
    Rep Points
    3426236

    Quote Originally Posted by musclepump
    Katz aged horribly. Old, fat, and bald now.
    yeah

    Lou looks great though!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Nate K's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,762
    Rep Points
    -195120

    The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. You know, you wear regular shirts, loose shirts-not always trying to show what you have. You talk less about it. It's like you have a little BMW - you want to race hell out of this car, because you know it's just going 110. But if you see guys driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator they are going to go 170. These things are the same in every field. - Arnold

    So true...so true

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,757
    Rep Points
    819724026

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamB
    Thats a weight lifting face in that first picture of Arnold. You can see pain in his face.
    So true.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,757
    Rep Points
    819724026

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate K
    The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. You know, you wear regular shirts, loose shirts-not always trying to show what you have. You talk less about it. It's like you have a little BMW - you want to race hell out of this car, because you know it's just going 110. But if you see guys driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator they are going to go 170. These things are the same in every field. - Arnold

    So true...so true
    I was just going to do the same, you beat me to it.

    Thats a great analogy.

Similar Threads

  1. pumping iron
    By underscore in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 11:39 AM
  2. Pumping Iron
    By tcotroneo in forum Bodybuilding Gossip
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 09:39 AM
  3. Pumping iron
    By Jill in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:31 PM
  4. Pumping Iron and the Outtakes
    By butterfly in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 02:04 PM
  5. Pumping Iron
    By Prince in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->