• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

The Lion of Lebanon

SPIKE1257

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
SAMIR BANNOUT

Three months before Christmas 1983, Samir Bannout flexed his ???decorated??? lumbar region in Munich, West Germany, for the IFBB Mr. Olympia judges. Since then, the high definition found in a muscular lower back has been called a ???Christmas tree???. Known as the ???Lion of Lebanon??? because of his birthplace (Beirut, Lebanon), Samir roared into America in 1974 and settled first in Detroit. In that city, he was crowned 1978 Mr. Michigan. In 1979, he won the Best in the World event and the light-heavyweight division of the IFBB World Amateur Championships.

The latter win bequeathed him an IFBB pro card, and he made his debut (also in 1979) at the Canada Pro Cup, by which time he had moved to Venice, California. Bannout???s IFBB pro career spanned 53 contests; his 11 attempts at the IFBB Mr. Olympia are a record among those who have won the title ??? as he did in 1983. His last win was the 1990 IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Invitational, and the final sighting of Samir in contest mode was at the 1996 IFBB Masters Olympia where he finished in sixth place. His pro career had endured for 17 years.

The Lion always was and still is renowned as one of bodybuilding???s more entertaining characters. His ability to mix quotes with poses never left the industry???s writers disappointed. Today, Samir lives in Los Angeles with his wife and two children and pursues several business interests, including the marketing of a supplement company.

ABOUT SAMIR

Nickname: The Lion of Lebanon
Born: November 7, 1955
Birthplace: Beirut, LEBANON
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 210 lbs

TITLES WON

1979 IFBB Best in the World (Amateur)
1979 IFBB World Championships (Lt Hvy)
1983 IFBB Mr. Olympia
1985 WABBA World Championship
1986 WABBA World Championship
1990 IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Invitational

bannouth.jpg
Bannout03.jpg
Bannout05.jpg
Bannout18.jpg
sb95.jpg
sb84.jpg
sb102.jpg
sb85.jpg
sb55.jpg
sb66.jpg

is there a good pic of his lower back available?

i see. thanks.

Above all else,
I believe that I have been successful
as a bodybuilder because
I love the sport ...
if I didn't sincerely love the sport,
I could never have put in
the long hours of intense training
nor monitored my diet as strictly
as I have in order to win.
Samir Bannout (Mr. Olympia)

Cool he's a lion too.