• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

knee surgery

WATTS

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i have surgery either this week or next on my knee(tore the lateral miniscus in my right knee). so what im thinking is just having my buddy drive me to the gym and get around on crutches. i have a feeling this is ganna be a bitch. but i dont want to lose my gains anywhere else(already lost incredible amounts of mass on my thighs...havent trained them in about 4 months)....still do my calves but not my thighs. have any of you guys/girls in here ever had knee surgery?

I had that done. :)

Let's see....I used the crutches for two days, then ditched them, just be sure to use that lil machine they send you to move the knee up and down! Its crutial to use it to get the motion back in.

Dr told me I wouldn't be training for 6 weeks, which my reponse was..that is a negative, I am doing a show in 16 weeks, so you have 4 to heal it. I was back in the gym doing upper body workouts 3 or 4 days after the surgery. I just wrapped the knee, then iced it down when I got back home. Started lifting lite with legs 4 weeks afterward.

The dr. will go in with three tiny cuts, so its not so bad. The swelling is the worst part. Oh...You do get good pain killers. :)

how did you tear your lateral miniscus ?

musclepump said:
mmm... pain killers...
Ha right on. I spent 14 weeks on some 750mg Vicodins after I broke my ankle, that was rather entertaining. The leg that I broke has never caught up to the other leg in size. I dont know why? Maybe the other one just got bigger from jumping on it for that long.

Just had mine scoped 2 weeks ago. Crutches for 2 days, then walking. Went for follow-up yesterday, PA told me to stay off leg training another week, then ease back into it. I have no pain at all now, much better feeling (mine was medial meniscus)

had 20% miniscus taken out and acl replacment, all i can say is no fun, you may think you want to goto the gym right after surgry but i wouldnt bother, take a week off and just get stoned on percs or vic, whatever they give you. i didnt wana move for 2 weeks after i had mine done

how long would you say that the swelling stay?

vegman said:
how did you tear your lateral miniscus ?
im actually not sure...probably lifting or something maybe i'll form or something(try to do the best i can) and dont ever remember doing one spacific thing that hurt it...just kinda built up to the point where i needed to get it checked out, and they said i tore it(had MRI).

but would you all say that for the most part your dont feel any pains anymore and back to about where you were before surgery? this is the thing that makes me really nervious..not even the fact its surgery, i just dont want it to mess me up for ever.. and not be able to make good gains

i had my knee scoped 5 years ago, i didnt need crutches at all, i walked out of the hospital, i was 100% in about a week, it eliminated funny noises my knee was making and almost all of the chronic pain. The acl is still torn though, but it doesnt hurt ever unless i twist the shit out of it.

I tore my MCL, ACL, and some of my meniscus on top and bottom that needed shaved off. They waited 1 mo. to do the surgery so that my MCL would reattach itself and I would be able to walk without my knee buckling. I went to physical therapy 3 days a week to keep leg strength up till the surgery date. After surgery I had to spend every relaxing moment in a PM machine. Its been 9 years and my knee feels great! They said it would only be 80% to 90% but I'm fine. My advise is to keep up your normal workout when the Doc says its OK and Don't favor that knee after it heels. I favored my right knee for about 2 years and it showed, in size and strength. I stepped up with my left, stepped down with my left and it suffered, so don't favor that bad knee. Just my .02

IML Gear Cream!
IRONBXR said:
I tore my MCL, ACL, and some of my meniscus on top and bottom that needed shaved off. They waited 1 mo. to do the surgery so that my MCL would reattach itself and I would be able to walk without my knee buckling. I went to physical therapy 3 days a week to keep leg strength up till the surgery date. After surgery I had to spend every relaxing moment in a PM machine. Its been 9 years and my knee feels great! They said it would only be 80% to 90% but I'm fine. My advise is to keep up your normal workout when the Doc says its OK and Don't favor that knee after it heels. I favored my right knee for about 2 years and it showed, in size and strength. I stepped up with my left, stepped down with my left and it suffered, so don't favor that bad knee. Just my .02
glad you recovered well, sounds a lot worse of a surgery than i have to go through...im feeling a little better about my surgery but better than before...glad you all recovered well and i cant wait till i can do weights once again.

Back