• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

16 oz Energy Drinks...

drew.haynes

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Full Throttle, Monster, Sobe No Fear, NOS for example... these 16 oz energy drinks. They are around 65g of sugar each.

Anyway, I am totally CAPABLE of being VERY strict with my diet, but what I wanna know is... these won't HURT my muscle gains will they if I decide to drink them while bulking? I don't care about their effect on fat, cuz I have a crazy metabolism. Just, will it hurt MUSCLE gain or NOT?

Well they wont hurt muscle gain, but they arent that good for you. But even if you have a fast metabolism you want to get your calories from better sources. There are also sugar free versions of all those drinks with no more than 3 carbs.

XcelKrush said:
Well they wont hurt muscle gain, but they arent that good for you. But even if you have a fast metabolism you want to get your calories from better sources. There are also sugar free versions of all those drinks with no more than 3 carbs.

Yeah. This is just like... on TOP of all the other GOOD carbs and protein that I already get, not as a REPLACEMENT for any good calories. The only one of those 4 drinks that I have seen a low carb version of is the Monster, and I don't like the low carb version nearly as much. :D

when you say crazy metabolism. does that mean you are never higher than 10% bf ?

eventually all of those sugars could have a negative effect on your insulin sensitivity. when insulin sensitivity decreaes more nutrients are diverted to fat cells vs muscle cells.

LAM said:
when you say crazy metabolism. does that mean you are never higher than 10% bf ?

eventually all of those sugars could have a negative effect on your insulin sensitivity. when insulin sensitivity decreaes more nutrients are diverted to fat cells vs muscle cells.

Well, can't say for sure, but I would not be surprised if i've NEVER been above 10%. I've always seen my abs... not always RIPPED, but always visible.

Other than those occasional energy drinks, I've almost completely eliminated sugar.

drew.haynes said:
Yeah. This is just like... on TOP of all the other GOOD carbs and protein that I already get, not as a REPLACEMENT for any good calories. The only one of those 4 drinks that I have seen a low carb version of is the Monster, and I don't like the low carb version nearly as much. :D
Well all carbs you eat are essential for something, whether for muscle gain or fat gain you want them to come from good sources. But just try to gte used to the sugar free, I love SF Monsters but I only have 1 or 2 a week. PLus all the guarana in them isnt that good for you. But those are the things we have to deal with to be in shape.:thumb:

Back