IronMagLabs

Sleeping Pills

Thread: Sleeping Pills

Rep Points

Sleeping Pills

I wanted to know what kind of pills I should take if there is any brand in particuler that you guys like to use. I always have trouble sleeping and I need something for it. Ever since I was a kid I would think about death and other crazy crap because it took so long to goto sleep, please help me...

this pic is not real

Rep Points

GABA works for me. 3 little scoops 30 mins before bedtime.
    Bigger and Stronger and Leaner and Meaner!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I like melatonin

tryin to grow...
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

melatonin for me also, works good and its cheap

Rep Points

Does melatonin matter what age, am I aloud to take it at 15?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fashong
    Does melatonin matter what age, am I aloud to take it at 15?
    At 15 you shouldnt need to. Get into a regular sleep pattern and youll be fine.

But with melatonin, age doesnt matter. Just dont make a habit of it.

Rep Points

Good, I will try and pick it up at GNC. I really have bad problems trying to sleep.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fashong
    Good, I will try and pick it up at GNC.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product_i...c245d229dfddb9

Rep Points

Im gonna get at gnc tomorrow I don't feel like waiting heh.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

it's safe, my son is only 7 n his doctor recommended it. he has adhd. it works well. i used to have a hard time getting to sleep like you describe it really bites. if it doesn't work for you see your doctor there is also a prescription medication called clonodine that a lot of young people take.

you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Melotonin is bad news. Try 5-HTP instead. Read this study on melatonin:

Sleep Hormone May Affect Sex Organs, Study Finds
    Mon Feb 7, 5:01 PM ET Health - Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Melatonin, a hormone available in over-the-counter supplements and popped freely by many frequent air travelers, may affect the sex glands, U.S. and Japanese researchers reported on Monday.

Tests on Japanese quail showed the hormone regulates a sexual pathway believed to be involved in seasonal breeding patterns.

It is likely to affect human gonads as well, the researchers said.

"It really amazes me that melatonin is available in any pharmacy," said biologist George Bentley of the University of Washington and the University of California, Berkeley.

"It is a powerful hormone, and yet people don't realize that it's as 'powerful' as any steroid. I'm sure that many people who take it wouldn't take steroids so glibly," added Bentley, who worked on the study.

"It could have a multitude of effects on the underlying physiology of an organism, but we know so little about how it interacts with other hormone systems."

Writing in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (news - web sites), Bentley and colleagues at Hiroshima University in Japan said they were studying melatonin's effects on a brain hormone called gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone or GnIH.

They removed all melatonin-producing organs from the birds -- the eyes and the pineal glands -- and found GnIH levels fell. When they gave the birds melatonin, levels of GnIH went back up.

This is important because GnIH has been found to have the opposite effect to the key hormone that primes the body for sex -- gonadotropin releasing hormone or GnRH. In birds, switching off GnRH causes the gonads -- the testes and ovary -- to shrink as part of the birds' yearly cycle.

In humans, GnRH brings on puberty.

Melatonin regulates the sleep-wake cycle in many animals, including humans. It is produced at night by the pineal gland at the base of the brain, bringing on drowsiness.

Light causes levels to drop, and melatonin pills are often used by travelers to help them sleep through jet lag and by shift workers who have trouble sleeping.

Bentley said the team has found a gene for a hormone like GnIH in hamsters, and he found evidence of a GnIH gene in the map of the human genome.

Such a hormone would be important for many species, he said.

"Reproduction is energetically costly. It takes its toll," Bentley said in a telephone interview.

"So that is why a lot of animals breed seasonally. They can only afford to do it at certain times of year."
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

How to Use HCG

tryin to grow...
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

you'll prob waste your money at gnc, you could get it at any grocery store for pretty cheap..

Rep Points

I have ADHD to and am very impaient on waiting to goto sleep it is very hard

Rep Points

IS your ADHD medicated?
    "Everyone wants to win but not everyone is willing to prepare to win" Bobby Knight

cooking up a storm
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by pirate

They removed all melatonin-producing organs from the birds -- the eyes and the pineal glands -- and found GnIH levels fell. When they gave the birds melatonin, levels of GnIH went back up.
    I bet the last thing on the birds mind was low GnIH levels, i expect they were more worried about having no eyes!

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeah, they fucked those birds up. Having their eyes plucked out wasn't bad enough, they had to remove other parts to make sure the birds were shut down. Poor birds.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

How to Use HCG

Rep Points

melatonin is hormonal so i avoid it

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_
    melatonin is hormonal so i avoid it
    Eh?