• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sleeping Pills

Fashong

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I wanted to know what kind of pills I should take if there is any brand in particuler that you guys like to use. I always have trouble sleeping and I need something for it. Ever since I was a kid I would think about death and other crazy crap because it took so long to goto sleep, please help me...

GABA works for me. 3 little scoops 30 mins before bedtime.

Fashong said:
Does melatonin matter what age, am I aloud to take it at 15?
At 15 you shouldnt need to. Get into a regular sleep pattern and youll be fine.

But with melatonin, age doesnt matter. Just dont make a habit of it.

Good, I will try and pick it up at GNC. I really have bad problems trying to sleep.

it's safe, my son is only 7 n his doctor recommended it. he has adhd. it works well. i used to have a hard time getting to sleep like you describe it really bites. if it doesn't work for you see your doctor there is also a prescription medication called clonodine that a lot of young people take.

IML Gear Cream!
Melotonin is bad news. Try 5-HTP instead. Read this study on melatonin:

Sleep Hormone May Affect Sex Organs, Study Finds
Mon Feb 7, 5:01 PM ET Health - Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Melatonin, a hormone available in over-the-counter supplements and popped freely by many frequent air travelers, may affect the sex glands, U.S. and Japanese researchers reported on Monday.

Tests on Japanese quail showed the hormone regulates a sexual pathway believed to be involved in seasonal breeding patterns.

It is likely to affect human gonads as well, the researchers said.

"It really amazes me that melatonin is available in any pharmacy," said biologist George Bentley of the University of Washington and the University of California, Berkeley.

"It is a powerful hormone, and yet people don't realize that it's as 'powerful' as any steroid. I'm sure that many people who take it wouldn't take steroids so glibly," added Bentley, who worked on the study.

"It could have a multitude of effects on the underlying physiology of an organism, but we know so little about how it interacts with other hormone systems."

Writing in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (news - web sites), Bentley and colleagues at Hiroshima University in Japan said they were studying melatonin's effects on a brain hormone called gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone or GnIH.

They removed all melatonin-producing organs from the birds -- the eyes and the pineal glands -- and found GnIH levels fell. When they gave the birds melatonin, levels of GnIH went back up.

This is important because GnIH has been found to have the opposite effect to the key hormone that primes the body for sex -- gonadotropin releasing hormone or GnRH. In birds, switching off GnRH causes the gonads -- the testes and ovary -- to shrink as part of the birds' yearly cycle.

In humans, GnRH brings on puberty.

Melatonin regulates the sleep-wake cycle in many animals, including humans. It is produced at night by the pineal gland at the base of the brain, bringing on drowsiness.

Light causes levels to drop, and melatonin pills are often used by travelers to help them sleep through jet lag and by shift workers who have trouble sleeping.

Bentley said the team has found a gene for a hormone like GnIH in hamsters, and he found evidence of a GnIH gene in the map of the human genome.

Such a hormone would be important for many species, he said.

"Reproduction is energetically costly. It takes its toll," Bentley said in a telephone interview.

"So that is why a lot of animals breed seasonally. They can only afford to do it at certain times of year."

IS your ADHD medicated?

pirate said:
They removed all melatonin-producing organs from the birds -- the eyes and the pineal glands -- and found GnIH levels fell. When they gave the birds melatonin, levels of GnIH went back up.
I bet the last thing on the birds mind was low GnIH levels, i expect they were more worried about having no eyes!

Yeah, they fucked those birds up. Having their eyes plucked out wasn't bad enough, they had to remove other parts to make sure the birds were shut down. Poor birds.

melatonin is hormonal so i avoid it

Todd_ said:
melatonin is hormonal so i avoid it
Eh?

whocares4.jpg

Back