• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Incline Bench Press???

mmuscle

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi.

I was wandering what the consensus out there is with the incline bench press. I realise that it is a good general bulking up exercise for the chest, just as the flat bench press is, but does it offer any aditional benefits.

For example will the upper chest grow and shape better than it would by simply performing the flat bench press?

All opinions are welcome :rocker:???

mmuscle

http://www.makemuscle.net

Incline press is great for building upper chest. Arnold and Franco loved it so who are we to say their wrong
Columbu15.jpg

Last edited:
i fucking love incline bench (barbell only), it just feels so natural to me, IMO its the best mass exercise next to dips and will give you that plate armor chest.

He's 5' 4".

oh really?? i thought he's 6'8" :lol:

there are two different pectoralis in your chest the upper and the lower so yes it works a completley diffent set of attachments in your chest. Just make sure you don't use to much of an incline becuas then your frontal delts become primary and your upper pectoralis secondary.

I have horrible shoulders from more dislocation that any person needs in there lifetime i have found the inclines stregnthen and stabalize a the entire front of of my glenoid fascia. If i am permantly injured and it make me feel better it has to help prevent injury in the healthy allowing you to safely move more weight in your bench press

I hate barbell incline, cuz the benches at my university gym for incline bench are too steep and focus too much on the shoulders. I do dumbbell incline instead on an adjustable angle bench at about 30*.

My chest routine is ALWAYS:
2-3 Heavy sets barbell flat bench
2-3 Heavy sets dumbbell incline bench

All I do for warmup is 3 reps at half what I am aiming for, then 1 rep about 10lbs under what I am going to do... then I go into the 4-6 heavy sets. I get very sore every week and my bench has gone 50lbs since christmas.

i think i like incline better than flat bench.

I hate barbell incline, cuz the benches at my university gym for incline bench are too steep and focus too much on the shoulders. I do dumbbell incline instead on an adjustable angle bench at about 30*.

My chest routine is ALWAYS:
2-3 Heavy sets barbell flat bench
2-3 Heavy sets dumbbell incline bench

All I do for warmup is 3 reps at half what I am aiming for, then 1 rep about 10lbs under what I am going to do... then I go into the 4-6 heavy sets. I get very sore every week and my bench has gone 50lbs since christmas.

Benches for incline at my current gym are very steep, I do them anyway, just not a lot of sets. I like to start my first rep with a pause, why I dont know.

slider said:
there are two different pectoralis in your chest the upper and the lower so yes it works a completley diffent set of attachments in your chest. Just make sure you don't use to much of an incline becuas then your frontal delts become primary and your upper pectoralis secondary.
Here we go again :rolleyes:

Pretty much what I thought guys, but very good to have it confirmed by the experts!!!:thumb:

Back