• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

GG's P-Side Experiment - Mission: Obstacle Course

GoalGetter

is still around...
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I started my new training program today.

No more figure competition. No more super strict diet. No more impending sodium-load nightmares. And best of all (at least for me), no more parading around on a weekly basis in my underwear and silver high heels.

Now it is all about getting myself primed and pumped to try my luck (and skill, and strength) in an obstacle course. I haven't picked one yet. I am just going to start training, working on all the things I wasn't working on before.

Last week I had a taste of the stuff I'll be doing. One of the highlights of my workouts last week was rope pulls! I sat down and then lay down on a little rug (which I started calling my magic carpet until people didn't think it was funny anymore), and pulled myself across a large room, hand over hand. After doing it about six times with just my bodyweight, we added a 25lb plate and I did it again a few more times each way (sitting and laying).
It was tough, and A BLAST.

Today's (and for the next two weeks), my workout was a little different. Mostly bodyweight stuff, a lot of core and stabilization. Patrick's gonna jump in here and explain what I'm doing and why, in terms of the exercises.

I also changed my diet around a bit. Not by much. Added a few calories, reduced the protein a bit, added some more fats...

without further ado...

Workout Day 1

Warm up: Versa Climber 5 minutes

Stretch/SMF: ITB and Calves

Core Circuit x 2:

RI: 60

Planks, 20 seconds x 3
Floor Bridges, One Leg, 12 each leg, Tempo 3/2/1
Crunches, 15, Tempo 3/2/1

Reactive Training:

Jump Squat to Stabilization (as part of total body circuit, see below)
Tempo 0/2/x
BW x 12

Total Body Circuit x 3:

RI 60
Tempo 3/2/1
Reps: 12

Jump Squat to Stabilization
Pushups
One-Leg Squat
2-Arm Bent-Over DB Row (10lb DB)
Stability Ball YTA's
DB Split Squat (10lb DB)

Cool Down:

Arc Trainer, 3 minutes

Stretch:

SMF - ITB, Calves
Static - Hams, Chest, Lats, Calves

Last edited:
Did you compete in the one you were going to do or decide not to?

Good luck with the program/competitions GG. i'm sure you'll do well with your drive and Pat's guidance.

This looks like fun :) I wanna try this type of routine. :p

Good luck GG :D

It does look like fun but really hard. I agree with Aggie! Good luck Ivy, you'll do great.

nd best of all (at least for me), no more parading around on a weekly basis in my underwear and silver high heels.

liar. :p

Patrick's gonna jump in here and explain what I'm doing and why, in terms of the exercises.

I'll give ya all the blow by blow of the program and when we changes things and why just so you can see how I will periodize her. This first mesocycle will begin with lots of stabalization work. I would like it to last 2-3 weeks. This first week is very low intensity and we are trying to really control rep tempo. I do this to (1) give her some time off from pushing heavy weight (since that is what she was doing before) and (2) to help work on core and joint stabalization. the slower tempo reps on the eccentric and static contractions allows you to really concentrate on stabalizing your core and the joint(s) you are working at. This is not only beneficial since it allows your body some recovery time between heavy phases of lifting but it also allows you to work on weaknesses (and we all have them. just ask her how hard it was to keep from falling over on those DB split squats by the end of the circut.). Also, you will see that there is reactive training. Obsactle courses are very athletic so GG will be doing plyo's. But, before just jumping into a ploymetric routine she needs to learn how to land and deal with reactive force so she can (1) prevent injury, (2) learn to apply force maximally and (3) learn to absorb and then react to force properly to be as quick as possible. So the squat jump to stabalizatin isn't even really jumping training as much as it is landing training. Since the intensity is so low we will throw everything in a circut until she progresses to more of a solid strength phase and then power phase and then a conjugate program combining all of the three workouts (after the strength and power phse she will go back to a small cycle of stabalization training before moving to conjugate training) as well as including event lifting for her specific contest.

GoalGetter said:
So I started my new training program today.

No more figure competition. No more super strict diet. No more impending sodium-load nightmares. And best of all (at least for me), no more parading around on a weekly basis in my underwear and silver high heels.

Now it is all about getting myself primed and pumped to try my luck (and skill, and strength) in an obstacle course. I haven't picked one yet. I am just going to start training, working on all the things I wasn't working on before.

Last week I had a taste of the stuff I'll be doing. One of the highlights of my workouts last week was rope pulls! I sat down and then lay down on a little rug (which I started calling my magic carpet until people didn't think it was funny anymore), and pulled myself across a large room, hand over hand. After doing it about six times with just my bodyweight, we added a 25lb plate and I did it again a few more times each way (sitting and laying).
It was tough, and A BLAST.

Today's (and for the next two weeks), my workout was a little different. Mostly bodyweight stuff, a lot of core and stabilization. Patrick's gonna jump in here and explain what I'm doing and why, in terms of the exercises.

I also changed my diet around a bit. Not by much. Added a few calories, reduced the protein a bit, added some more fats...

without further ado...

:thumbs: Persue your dreams girl :hot:

IML Gear Cream!
Good luck Ivy I am sure you will kick ass.

Workout looks interesting. How long does it take?

IainDaniel said:

take about 60min counting warm up and cool down.

P or GG -- did you/she compete in that competition or...

she is not competiting in figure anymore (read her first post). I am 2 weeks out from what seems to be my last BBing contest.

ok i finally have some time to sit down and reply to everybody. Hahaha. it's my journal and P has already posted more than me! :p

aggies1ut said:
Best of luck Ivy. IMO obstacle course training beats the hell out of doing a figure comp. ;)
Thanks chick! :) I'm excited about this, partly because it is FUN for me, as opposed to wearing bikinis and high heels, and partly because I have absolutely no idea what to expect as my workouts progress. This is something I've never done. It's a new challange both physically and mentally. I'm all over it.

dg806 said:
Did you compete in the one you were going to do or decide not to?
Nah. I didn't. As of this saturday that just passed, I would have been five weeks out. I am still in shape that if I continue with my cut and do the sodium/water stuff I'd be in good enough condition to compete but I just don't care and don't want to go through it if i don't really care.

yanick said:
Good luck with the program/competitions GG. i'm sure you'll do well with your drive and Pat's guidance.
Thanks Yan! Hey when am I meeting you, man?? Are you going to p's show in two weeks?

jodi said:
This looks like fun :) I wanna try this type of routine. :p

Good luck GG :D
Jodi, to tell you the truth, it is the most fun i've had in the gym in a LONG time.
rocco said:
It does look like fun but really hard. I agree with Aggie! Good luck Ivy, you'll do great.
It was hard, I won't even try to candy coat it! But it was such a blast! Tomorrow, some more...
p-funk said:
This first mesocycle will begin with lots of stabalization work....
Let me just say that I need more work on this than I thought. I was all like, "please. I have great stabilization. I have a strong-as-hell core. I don't need this mesocycle-whatzit..." well... i have to eat my words. I need it.

Emma-Leigh said:
:clap: WOW - This looks like HEAPS of fun!!

Good Luck Ivy! :thumb:
Thanks E!
Velvet said:
:thumbs: Persue your dreams girl :hot:
There you are!!!! I'm happy to "see" you! I miss talkin' to ya! Thanks chickie! How are things with you?

iaindaniel said:

Thank you Iain!
Like p said, about an hour including warm up, stretching, cool down, etc.

soxmuscle said:
P or GG -- did you/she compete in that competition or...
Me, no. P in two weeks. I couldn't take it. It's hard to do something when your heart is not in it. I hate to quit mid-way through something, but sometimes the destination just isn't worth the journey, no offense to those who are passionate about bb'ing.

Cardio Day - May 24, 2005

Versa Climber, moderate intensity, 10 minutes (just had to do something near the rowing machine while i waited for one to free up)

Rowing sprints

5 300-meter sprints, each completed in 1:21, to 1:27, with about 1 minute of rest in between sprints.

-----------

Not part of training, but I walked a good 3, almost 4 miles this afternoon, on Lexington, from 86th to 54th and back, then home. This is typical of most of my days lately. I walk a lot. I pick a different street or area and just go explore. Yesterday I went south on york and ended up at the 59th street bridge, and then on my way back north I stopped at bed bath and beyond, where i couldn't decide what to buy so I left empty handed. We really need to get a coffee maker (though to tell the truth, going out for a cup of coffee is a great excuse to just go walk somewhere new!).

Hey Ivonne, good for you for persuing what your little heart desires!
Good luck with this. ;)

BritChick said:
Hey Ivonne, good for you for persuing what your little heart desires!
Good luck with this. ;)
Thanks, Kerry! How the heck are ya?

I saw you're thinking of setting up a home gym for private training! Awesome!

GoalGetter said:
Thanks, Kerry! How the heck are ya?

I saw you're thinking of setting up a home gym for private training! Awesome!

Yeah, doing what I do best... spending the money before I make it!!! :laugh:

Once you start all this circuit and obstacle specific exercising you should get all leaned out again anyway... (sweet)

This is nice! :thumb: :thumbs: :cool2: :banana:

(The "whine-o-matic" title must go now!)

IML Gear Cream!
The Monkey Man said:
Once you start all this circuit and obstacle specific exercising you should get all leaned out again anyway... (sweet)

This is nice! :thumb: :thumbs: :cool2: :banana:

(The "whine-o-matic" title must go now!)
I hope that is the case (getting all leaned out again!), but I am also not going to be eating as strictly ALL the time, as before. I want to enjoy all the food here in new york city!

Whine-o-matic - you are absolutely right! Must change that !!!

Workout Day 2

Warm up: Rowing Machine 5 minutes

Stretch/SMF: ITB and Calves

Core Circuit x 3:

RI: 60

Ball Crunches, 15, Tempo 3/2/1
Ball Hyperextensions, 15, Tempo 3/2/1

Total Body Circuit x 3:

RI 60
Tempo 3/2/1
Reps: 12

Assisted Pullups, plate #11
Alternating DB Shoulder Presses, 10lb
DB One-Leg Straight-Legged Deadlifts, 10lb
DB Scaptions, 5lb
DB Bicep Curls, 10lb

Reactive Training x 2:

Hop to balance across all planes (front, side, transverse)
Tempo 0/2/x
BW x 12 with each leg, and then repeat

Cool Down:

Arc Trainer, 5 minutes

Stretch:

SMF - ITB, Calves
Static - Hams, Chest, Lats, Calves

Sorry I missed you in MSN the other day :( Good luck with training :)

Workout Day 3

Warm-Up

Rowing Machine 5 minutes

Stretching

SMF - ITB, Calf

Core Circuit x 3

One-Leg Planks, 20 seconds each leg before resetting and doing again 3x's
Oblique Crunches, Tempo 3/2/1, 12 each side
Opposing Arm/Leg Extension to balance, Tempo 3/2/1, 12 each side

Total Body Circuit x 3

Tempo 3/2/1
Reps 12
RI: 60 after entire circuit is complete

Squat Press
Prone Stability Ball one-arm DB Row
Lateral Split Squats
DB SLDL with Shrug at top
Reverse Grip Pulldowns

Reactive Training

Jump squat to stabilization, 12 x 3

Cool down

Elliptical 5 minutes

Stretching

SMF - ITB, Calf
Chest and lats on stability ball

OK i really like this that I'm doing, but i am itching to get on wtih the real training. And also, I am once again having to adjust to wroking out just 3 times per week, as opposed to four.

And it doesn't help that for the last few weeks, though I've been eating clean for the most part, sticking to my "diet" and all... I have also been dipping into the samples everywhere i go... Eli Zabar - i go almost every day when i have time to kill between clients. I loooove looking at the food there, and watching the pastry chefs making the desserts, etc. But to get out i have to walk through the bread department, and there is a basket with free samples of different breads every day. I've tried pretty much all their varieties. Then I walk down the street and there are gourmet shops, catering companies, and pastry shops that give you free samples, too. I can't resist. I have no will power. "Chocolate" + "Free" = "I'm Shamelessly All Over It."

This madness has got to stop because even though i weigh the same and probably LOOK the same to eveyrone else, to me I'm starting to feel as if I look soft and thicker. And i don't mean thicker in a good way either.

Anyway... ok enough whining. Point is, I have to get my shit together and stop sampling. My serious training starts in one week. Next week is a repeat of this week in training.

Found you, Good luck with your new goals, I'm sure you'll meet AND beat them all!!!

Hey GG :wave:

Sounds like your on your way to finding your niche. I too am addicted to plyometrics...makes yah feel great!

What are Jump squats to stabilization? and Stability ball YTA's :scratch:

IHere are a few of my favorite plyometric exercises that really helped me build my core strength and balance. Tell P about them if your interested.

Shoulder Taps: In the starting push up position with feet as close together as possible alternate lifting each arm to tap your shoulder while keeping your body straight and tight.
Ball Squats: These really arent as hard as they sound. Use a wall to help you up on the ball and do squats. It really helps build balance and works all of your stabilizing muscles.
Medicine Ball Overhead Raises: With feet a little wider than shoulder width apart bend over keeping your back flat. Hold your medicine ball with both hands between your legs and raise up while keeping your back flat.

All the best to you. I will enjoy reading your journal.

J.

how are any of those plyometric? the whole concept of plyometrics is to store potential energy and turn it into kinetic energy. none of those exercises do that at all. they are just core based exercises.

Back