How Much Do you Flex? Are you Critical?

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User
    da jock's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    250
    Rep Points
    10

    How Much Do you Flex? Are you Critical?






    Suppose if we all lift/BB & want to look better we flex fairly often.
    I have a floor sized mirror in our bedroom, so I prolly do a quick run-through
    3 x's a day when I'm changing clothes,etc.

    Having said that, if someone was secretly video taping me they'd prolly think I'm vain, but they don't know I'm thinking "Why can 't I get more mass on my upper chest?" "Christ my quads never grow!!" etc....My Tri's always look OK though!!

    Sound familiar or not?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    7,008
    Rep Points
    1675493

    Quote Originally Posted by da jock
    Suppose if we all lift/BB & want to look better we flex fairly often.
    I have a floor sized mirror in our bedroom, so I prolly do a quick run-through
    3 x's a day when I'm changing clothes,etc.

    Having said that, if someone was secretly video taping me they'd prolly think I'm vain, but they don't know I'm thinking "Why can 't I get more mass on my upper chest?" "Christ my quads never grow!!" etc....My Tri's always look OK though!!

    Sound familiar or not?
    I dont flex three times a day in the mirror But I do catch myself looking in the mirror in the gym when I've justed worked a muscle group and I think "I'm such a vain biatch sometimes". Its worse when my gf catches me checking myself out, then she has to point it out for a couple minutes.

  3. #3
    Employee of the Month
    seven11's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Twenkie-ville
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Points
    6304240

    man i think im crazy but i check my self out sooooo many times

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    6,728
    Rep Points
    4528445

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggs
    I dont flex three times a day in the mirror But I do catch myself looking in the mirror in the gym when I've justed worked a muscle group and I think "I'm such a vain biatch sometimes". Its worse when my gf catches me checking myself out, then she has to point it out for a couple minutes.
    Yeah, that's pretty funny But I love it that you work out and care about your bod, so flex all you want

  5. #5
    Dookie
    largepkg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    S FLA
    Posts
    3,755
    Rep Points
    11951152

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny
    Yeah, that's pretty funny But I love it that you work out and care about your bod, so flex all you want

    Get a room already!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    7,008
    Rep Points
    1675493

    Quote Originally Posted by largepkg
    Get a room already!
    She was just here

    She came down to tell me to wake up, then went for a run

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Meadville, Pa.
    Posts
    2,786
    Rep Points
    19045177

    Quote Originally Posted by da jock
    Suppose if we all lift/BB & want to look better we flex fairly often.
    I have a floor sized mirror in our bedroom, so I prolly do a quick run-through
    3 x's a day when I'm changing clothes,etc.

    Having said that, if someone was secretly video taping me they'd prolly think I'm vain, but they don't know I'm thinking "Why can 't I get more mass on my upper chest?" "Christ my quads never grow!!" etc....My Tri's always look OK though!!

    Sound familiar or not?
    Hey da jock,

    Based on your photos I'd say you are doing fine. Just KEEP GOING - PERSIST. DO NOT STOP.

    Maybe you are just wanting it FASTER than Nature INTENDS. Remember something worthwhile does not come overnight.

    Checking your progress is fine. Nothing wrong with that.

    Take Care, John H.

  8. #8
    flawless


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,153
    Rep Points
    11205525

    ya, when im changing at the gym and nobody is in the locker and just before i go into the shower. I flex the parts im pleased with and tell myself to work harder on the parts i need to work on. So its 50-50 for me.

  9. #9
    FLEXecutioner
    Flex's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pomping Iyuhn
    Posts
    6,278
    Rep Points
    8700367

    To be honest, flexing your muscles is the best way to aquire a good mind-to-muscle connection.

    For example, I can honestly say that flexing my upper chest (okay, let's hear it) was the best thing i did to improve it. to do so, it's almost like you hafta to salute like you were saluting hitler (pardon the expression). have both of your hands like that, away from your body, and learn how to flex your chest.
    Then in the gym, when i'm doin db presses, it just comes natural to flex your chest to bring the weight up as opposed to just pushing with your shoulders.
    You're a funny guy, Sully, I like you. Dat's why I'm going to kill you lahst.


    * Got juice?*Need Motivation?*How to Train*
    *Arnold vs. Ronnie vs. Haney vs. Sergio*
    *YEAH BUDDY...LIGHT WEIGHT!*Ahhnold*

  10. #10
    You Lack Intensity!!!!
    ELITE MEMBER
    gr81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Just below our civil disguise
    Posts
    6,378
    Rep Points
    10428088

    hail hitler.... !!ha ha

  11. #11
    Registered User
    da jock's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    250
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by gr81
    hail hitler.... !!ha ha
    Hmmmm??!!

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Meadville, Pa.
    Posts
    2,786
    Rep Points
    19045177

    If you have them...






    Quote Originally Posted by Flex
    To be honest, flexing your muscles is the best way to aquire a good mind-to-muscle connection.

    For example, I can honestly say that flexing my upper chest (okay, let's hear it) was the best thing i did to improve it. to do so, it's almost like you hafta to salute like you were saluting hitler (pardon the expression). have both of your hands like that, away from your body, and learn how to flex your chest.
    Then in the gym, when i'm doin db presses, it just comes natural to flex your chest to bring the weight up as opposed to just pushing with your shoulders.

    Hi Flex,

    I look at it this way - if you have them use them and there is nothing wrong with seeing what you have from time to time or letting others see as well. Anyone that APPRECIATES the hard work a Man does to EARN what he has WILL UNDERSTAND and BE GLAD!! That includes the Man himself.

    Anyone else, is probably jealous.

    Take Care, John H.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 06:17 PM
  2. The Critical Bench Program 2.0
    By 45ACP in forum Strength Sports
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 10:42 AM
  3. Sangsters Critical Mass ????
    By Cal0777 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 12:20 PM
  4. Critical Mass POS
    By katt in forum Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 02:56 PM
  5. How critical is it to add dextrose to a PWO shake?
    By bigsahm21 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 07:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->