• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

High Fat/Protein, Low Carb Diet

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Read this First!

Most important part of the article:

Total caloric intake equals 10 -- 15 calories/lb. of body wt. Men below 10% body fat and women below 15% body fat should figure on ingesting 14 ??? 15 calories per pound of weight.

Focus on Active Carbohydrates. Active carbohydrates = total carbohydrate grams ??? grams of fiber. Your active Carbohydrates should not exceed 25 grams per meal or 75 grams per day.

Protein Optimization. Ingest 25-50 grams of protein per meal. While protein is the best macro-nutrient to eat, there is some point where excess may exceed elimination capacity and some nitrogen may be converted to sugar and either burned for energy at the expense of stored body fat or simply stored as excess body fat.

Dietary Fats Can Burn Body fat Your diet must have a greater emphasis on Omega 3 and Mono Unsaturated fats such as flaxseed, safflower and olive oil. (These are found as well in Beverly Ultra Size). Place less emphasis on saturated fats, cream and beef.

Carbohydrate load every 3rd then 4th day. A high carbohydrate meal every fourth day refuels muscle and liver glycogen (storage form for glucose) stores, prevents any decline in metabolism, via thyroid-3 level suppression and facilitates muscular growth by increasing uptake of amino acids. This infrequent high carbohydrate meal should drive IGF insulin-like growth factors, optimizing the anabolic effect of insulin, while minimizing its lipogenic (fat-producing) effect.

Induce Thermogenesis
Tracy Beckham sure doesn???t exhibit the drawn face, muscle loss or lack of energy that the typical proponent of a low carb diet suffers from. The fact is the Beverly support nutrients actually make her vibrant!

Some foods may increase a mild metabolic increasing effect, a thermogenic effect, causing your body to burn more fat. Fruits in this category include apples, blueberries, grapefruit, peaches and strawberries. Some vegetables include asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, celery, onions, radishes, spinach and tomatoes. Almost all proteins have a desirable thermogenic effect except proteins high in fat, lunchmeats, and processed proteins. Unfortunately, as well, most single species protein powders such as whey concentrates and whey isolates also do NOT have much desirable thermogenic action. It could be almost a tragedy that many bodybuilders??? fat loss efforts have been thwarted by mistakenly using a single species whey protein. Single species protein is assimilated so quickly that it is often burned as fuel inhibiting the burning of your stored body fat.

What to eat
I. Proteins???Chicken, tuna, fish, turkey breast, lean beef, egg whites, whole eggs, protein powder.

II. Complex (Natural) & low glycemic Carbohydrates ???This is a risky area. A complex carbohydrate is one that can be fully utilized by the body to be burned as energy. Some good examples sweet potatoes, brown rice, Old fashioned oatmeal.

III. Fresh Fruits - Apples, berries, grapefruit, strawberries.

IV. Non - Starchy Vegetables: asparagus, green beans, cabbage (all varieties), cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, kale, lettuce (all varieties), onions, peppers (green, red, jalapeno, etc.), radishes, spinach, string beans, tomatoes, water chestnuts and zucchini.

V. "Healthy" Fats and Oils: Flax seed oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil, olive oil, almonds, Brazil nuts, filberts, pecans, pine nuts, walnuts, heavy cream, real butter, and lecithin granules.

My own notes....

No sugar! In any form or at any time, including post-workout. This means, except for what I posted above, no milk products, fruit, breads, condiments such as ketchup or dressing, etc.

Eat every 3 hrs, 6 meals a day

Protein can still be turned into sugar w/o fat or fibre in the same meal...make sure you eat it together.

Take your required daily protein intake and split it evenly between 6 meals

Eat approx 15 g fat at each meal...keep in mind the fat will prevent gluconeogenisis, so it needs to be high enough to do this, but you still need to be slightly lower than maintenance for daily calories. For example, You may need 17-18 g fat if you are a huge male bb, but only 15 if you are a smaller female bb.

Carbs...you generally have two options...keep you daily carbs low, under 45 males, under 30 females and do a bi-weekly carb up or get 60-80 grams carbs (slow-burning, as above) a day w/ no carb up.

A carb-up (twice weekly) consists of Old fashioned oats (1-2 cups, depending on body size), 6-8 oz sweet potato, 2 cups veggies, 1/2-1 banana & 1 tbsp fat in your last meal of the day.

You must drink an insane amount of water...I'm at 6+ litres a day.

You can have up to two cups of veggies w/ your meals

Sorry it's so long....more later if you need it....got questions? Just ask! :)

Thanks w8, I've been looking for some guidelines regarding this type of 'diet'.

I've got another month left under my current plan, but have been reading about the high fat/protein, low carb approach lately.

I thought with my 35%p /35%f /30%c I was doing well as far as carbs go...guess I'm still a wuss...dammit! I just can't imagine 75 grams or less of those little bastards daily...

Thanks again

good post w8.i'm gonna have to compete again, i fall of the diet wagon more now than ever,dam i got a headache..:D

The side notes in the article reads "no sugar, not even post workout" a lot of people use dextrose post work out including myself, I use 50g of dextrose and a banana mixed with my protein and creatine post workout, would you use something different to lose a little bodyfat? What would be optimal post workout to reduce bf while trying to hang onto my muscle that I worked hard for?

protein + 1 tbsp of udo's/flax oil or 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream + 4 strawberries plus glutamine.

hi fat ,lo carb diet

Originally posted by SKINSFAN
The side notes in the article reads "no sugar, not even post workout" a lot of people use dextrose post work out including myself, I use 50g of dextrose and a banana mixed with my protein and creatine post workout, would you use something different to lose a little bodyfat? What would be optimal post workout to reduce bf while trying to hang onto my muscle that I worked hard for?

If you like to take a creatine transport system w/ your protein , try Labrada Nutritions Creatine Cooler. The articles claim the same effect as Muscle Techs Cell Tech w/o all the carbs. :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
The Creatine Cooler from Labrada isn't suppose to have carbs,but I can't remember what they use in place of them.

I read the diet (great job w8) & all the products can be ordered from BEVERLY INTERNATIONAL. This co. seems to have it all together judging from all the stuff I 've seen about them.

Last edited:
Sweet post!

I know some of the the staff at Beverly, Jerimiah and Roger (w8 find a picture of Rita Kaya), and want to say that they have the highest level of intregrity and honesty, know more about cutting, than almost anyone I've know! Their supps, while not totally necessary are second to none, THE HIGHEST QUALITY!

Here is a small company, having less than .5 of 1% market share in the industry, yet producing up to 50% of the champions at many shows!

I'm kind of new here, and have read many ideas, and there are many PATHS to the same goal, we are all different (metabolisms somatotypes, genetics, sex drives, etc), but what I can tell you is, THIS WORKS!

You don't have to be a high performance racing car to enjoy fuel injection!

FC

Will a diet with 55%protein 25%fat and 20% (eating 1500-1700 kcals a day)carbs give good results as well.. I know that what works for some may not work for others.. but I just want your opinion on it.. ;)
I've been doing that since the beginning of january, seen good results, but perhaps I should go further in my low-carbing..?
Feel like I'm only doing it half-way and perhaps it won't give me the results I want! What do you think?? :confused:

Well you know you're body more than anyone. If it's still working for you, don't mess w/ it. If you feel your metabolism has slowed, lower your carbs (or change the source of carbs)...just remember to up your fat if you lower the carbs.

Where are you looking?....you should be able to find it at a health food store, some major grocery stores (if they sell supplements) and even some bulk food stores. If not, try omeganutrition.com :)

i've looked at like five different helath food stores and kroger and randalls.. i'll try the online, probably easier

Would you recommend taking creatine while on a low carb diet? If so would I take it still post w/o or at another time during the day like maybe when I have some of the allowed carbs.

6 LITERS OF WATER????
guys, I have a problem drinking 3 liters; I can just imaging how many trips to the bathroom I'ld have to take. My god!! It's bad enough already.

IML Gear Cream!
i prolly drink more than that, you get use to going to the bathroom every thirty mins... plus it's good for you, your really suppose to drink enough water so that your pee is clear, then you know your not dehydrated

Originally posted by SKINSFAN
Would you recommend taking creatine while on a low carb diet? If so would I take it still post w/o or at another time during the day like maybe when I have some of the allowed carbs.

You can still take the creatine. Of course the creatine is better utilized w/ an insulin spike....which kind of goes against the whole diet. I'd take it whenever you're having carbs...even though it's not the sugar spike usually suggested, the carbs will still release some insulin, as opposed to a fat/protein only meal.

And I agree...6 litres of water is a lot, but you do get used to it.

no milk with my protein shake?:(

A good goal is one ounce per pound of BW! Start there, add an iron free multi-mineral at night to replace some of the minerals you are pissing away! (This assumes there is iron in your multivitamin unless it constipates you, or you have hemochromatosis) You'll be leaner looking in days, you'll hold less water, flush more toxins and by-products of protein metabolism out, etc!

FC!

Originally posted by arbntmare
no milk with my protein shake?:(

No milk! But, if you add three tbsp of heavy whipping cream (15 grams fat) & add water & strawberries, it tastes even better than milk! Strawberries & cream shake!

Whipping cream? Isn't that pure saturated fat? I'm confused.

So, does it matter what type of fat you consume with your protein? I notice that peanut oil has 2.5 times the calories, 2.5 times the fat with 0 carbs, 0 protein, and 0 cholesterol per tbsp as compared to heavy whipping cream whereby whipping cream's fat content is 58% saturated and peanut oil's fat content is 17% saturated.

The reason I ask is, when at work, it's difficult for me to refrigerate anything. Peanut oil or even flaxseed oil would be a more convenient alternative to whipping cream if it works as well.

You by no means have to use cream. Flax is great, not sure about the peanut oil. It is only used for variety....if flax works better for you then you can use it instead :)

GREAT! I've been doing some research on peanut oil. It's fat content is comprised roughly of 17% saturated, 46% monounsaturated, and 32% polyunsaturated fat by weight. Sounds like a good alternative.

Thanks for the info!!!

Back