• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Best First Motorcycle?

musclepump

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So, what does everyone think would be a great first ride? I like the Vulcan 500 from Kawasaki, and I like the 883 from Harley. I know 600cc are big for a beginner, but hey--I've always liked power. Suggestions? Stories? Anyone have a bike and wish they didn't? Big spills? No spills? Bad luck? Good luck?

well i dont think its smart to have a bike, because no matter who good of a driver you are there are always some bad ones that will hit you

seven11 said:
well i dont think its smart to have a bike, because no matter who good of a driver you are there are always some bad ones that will hit you

Yeah, my uncle killed a 16 year old biker last month. It's crazy because my uncle is a REALLY GOOD DRIVER... he was not doing anything wrong, just a weird combination of factors resulted in the kid losing some control and hitting my uncle's truck. He had to pull him dead out of the watery ditch where he landed. The kid's dad was chief of police in a nearby town, but fortunately knew it was not my uncle's fault, even though he cut the kid off, cuz he was going way too fast to begin with.

I love bikes, but I don't think I could buy one unless it was maybe my 2nd or 3rd vehicle and only used occasionally. I'd NEVER have a daily driver bike.

ducati monster 620 all the way. not super powerful but room to expand, and keeps its value very well when you decide to sell it and move up to the S4 :thumb:. in my gallery is a pic of a nicely modified monster 900.

don't be a fool and start with a really powerfull bike, you won't be able to handle it.

drew.haynes said:
Yeah, my uncle killed a 16 year old biker last month. It's crazy because my uncle is a REALLY GOOD DRIVER... he was not doing anything wrong, just a weird combination of factors resulted in the kid losing some control and hitting my uncle's truck. He had to pull him dead out of the watery ditch where he landed. The kid's dad was chief of police in a nearby town, but fortunately knew it was not my uncle's fault, even though he cut the kid off, cuz he was going way too fast to begin with.

I love bikes, but I don't think I could buy one unless it was maybe my 2nd or 3rd vehicle and only used occasionally. I'd NEVER have a daily driver bike.
It certainly won't be a daily driver. Where I live, the best I'd get is two and half months a year out of it. But, I want one.

Stu said:
don't be a fool and start with a really powerfull bike, you won't be able to handle it.
I'm not sure a 600cc is "too" powerful, but is also why I was asking for some suggestions. I think the Honda Rebel is quite the nice option for a first bike, too.

I don't think 600 is too big either. For you first bike, I would suggest getting something big enough that you can make use of. If you plan on doing any kind of highway riding, you might want to look for something at least a 600cc.

I think a 600 is the standard first bike. My first bike was a 600 I got kinda bored with it after a few months. The bike in my gallery is my second and its a 750, much better. If you want something small just to learn the gears on, get a honda rebel. I think its a 250, but it looks like a regular cruiser.

IML Gear Cream!
I would start with a crappy bike to learn on, because you WILL drop it a few times. You dont want to scratch or possibly brake some lights on a new bike.

My first bike was a Honda 90cc dirt bike, then a 125, then a 250. My first big bike was a Honda CB750 and it was loud I had fun on that bike, I would go out at like 1 in the morning on the highway and just cruise. It's like all the thoughts in your head are blown against the back of your mind and all you know is the road coming at you ahead, I liken it to a deep meditative state.

cappo5150 said:
I would start with a crappy bike to learn on, because you WILL drop it a few times. You dont want to scratch or possibly brake some lights on a new bike.
When I was in the Navy a guy bought used XR650 Enduro in great condition from one of the other guys on the ship. He didn't know how to drive it so he asked me to help him. I rode the bike out to a field while he followed in his car. He gets out and hops on the bike barely able to touch the ground. I start going over stuff and say "just like riding a bike without pedals" thats when he tells me "I've never ridden a bike before." :eek:
He was from New York, he'd only recently gotten his drivers license.:laugh:

Knighthawk, Seca II, or SV650, or a CBR 600 for me.

Nope :(

musclepump said:
A Harley knock off. If I'm going that family of bikes, it'd have to be a Harley.
It isn't a knock off. Buell Blast was my first bike, and it was perfect to learn on. I loved it. It is real small, however. Go Jap, though. Get a middleweight. I highly recommend the Suzuki 650 sv. Honda CBR 600 is a good one, as well, but they cost more. If you are looking for something sporty, checkout Suzuki's 650sv S. For cruisers, the Vulcan is very highly regarded. Many people prefer them to Harleys.

Last edited:
gococksDJS said:
bro, get yourself an aprilia...
Yeah, sell your house to buy a bike that is so bad ass that you will kill yourself in less than an hour.

I prefer more traditional bikes that perform sporty. Here is my latest toy (It is an older version of the Suzuki 650 sv (not the S version):

IML Gear Cream!
I'm definitely looking for a Cruiser, nothing too rice-like. The Honda Rebel seemed a good choice, but it's so weak at 250cc. Cheap, which is nice for a solid bike, but no power; can't handle two people on it. I'm definitely going to go with a 600.

PirateFromHell said:
Yeah, sell your house to buy a bike that is so bad ass that you will kill yourself in less than an hour.

I prefer more traditional bikes that perform sporty. Here is my latest toy (It is an older version of the Suzuki 650 sv (not the S version):
Pirate, check out my thread about the bike I just bought. Ill race anyone, anytime.

gococksDJS said:
Pirate, check out my thread about the bike I just bought. Ill race anyone, anytime.
That's one thing I don't want to do: Race. I'm happy cruising around with a sexy hog :)

musclepump said:
That's one thing I don't want to do: Race. I'm happy cruising around with a sexy hog :)
I was just joking, I ordered one of those pocket rockets.

Back