• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Best mass building bicep exercise

Doublebase

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just curious which curling exercise is best for mass building. I am currently on a bulk diet. I usually do 3 sets for my biceps. I like either heavy bar curls or incline dumbbell curls. I curl both arms at the same time. Really hits my bis good. I use pretty heavy dbs for my strength. 6-8 reps.

Straight Bar curls are the best for overall mass.

Doublebase said:
Just curious which curling exercise is best for mass building. I am currently on a bulk diet. I usually do 3 sets for my biceps. I like either heavy bar curls or incline dumbbell curls. I curl both arms at the same time. Really hits my bis good. I use pretty heavy dbs for my strength. 6-8 reps.

either standing bb curls or EZ-bar curls. I alternate them every other bicep workout

Well, you have to mix it up...recently I like heavy 1 armed DB curls> spotting & forced reps w/the free hand, also Inclined DB Curls

super slow DB curls after 10 sets of latts

i love standing cambered bar curls with the wider grip...also...with the close grip...standing...heavy..and make sure ur using ur freaking biceps

Thanks for all the exercises. I tend to use my back when straight bar curling. Thats why I stick to DBs. I will try more straight bar with less weight.

IML Gear Cream!
For me, it's concentration curls. Gives me a good height, width and length.

concentration curls are not a mass builder IMHO. They're great for building peak!

there is no "building a peak" or adding "height or width" other than just making your muscles bigger. their shape is due to genetics, you cant change the shape of your muscle belly.

thats bull$hit. Hitting a muscle with different grips and varying degrees of angles achieves different results.

ChrisROCK said:
concentration curls are not a mass builder IMHO. They're great for building peak!
Shit!!!!! This is the best bicep exercise to me! Is good to get a good stretch though. Stretch the bicep to make it grow! :thumb:

ChrisROCK said:
thats bull$hit. Hitting a muscle with different grips and varying degrees of angles achieves different results.

chris, i rarely do any direct arm work and yours are not shaped any different to mine really and i dont ponce around with different angles.

Last edited:
preachers

IML Gear Cream!
i love preacher curls and incline hammer curls. Standing barbell is great too but can't do them right now....had knee surger 3 weeks back. but is a terific exersise.

Doublebase said:
Thanks for all the exercises. I tend to use my back when straight bar curling.
Try leaning back against a wall and bending your knees slightly.
(heels about 6 - 8 inches from the wall). This will take your back out of it.

Back