• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How Far Do YOU Bring it?

TriZZle305

Go Away Body Fat
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When doing bent over BB rows how far or how close do you bring the bar to your chest? I do not tap my chest w/ the bar but some guy, training another kid at my gym told me i wasnt completing ROM.. He's always there with another kid when im there but i dont pay him any attention because his kids arent getting any bigger and he looks sloppy..

I touch.

my grip is about shoulder width (either just outside my thighs or infron of my thighs. I touch my stomach on each rep or the rep doesn't count.

TriZZle305 said:
When doing bent over BB rows how far or how close do you bring the bar to your chest? I do not tap my chest w/ the bar but some guy, training another kid at my gym told me i wasnt completing ROM.. He's always there with another kid when im there but i dont pay him any attention because his kids arent getting any bigger and he looks sloppy..

I dont like bent over rows that touch chest, I touch lower stomach.

I use a grip as if I were doing a flat bench press and also touch at the lower stomach.

Can anyone post a good form for this exercise. An animation or something.

P-funk said:
my grip is about shoulder width (either just outside my thighs or infron of my thighs. I touch my stomach on each rep or the rep doesn't count.

ditto...

You hafta bring the bar up to your stomach for 2 reasons:
1. so you complete a full ROM
2. if you bring it to your chest, you're using too much delts and not enough back.

Do you guys bring the weights all the way down to the floor like the example above?

i dont, i bring it all the way down until my arms are fully extended (not touching the ground) and then perform the exercise until i touch my stomach. Repeat.

So your back is basically parallel with the floor?

Thats what I do too.

i bring the bar to my abs, i don't actually touch but i get close enough (within an inch or 2), i use the same width grip that i do when i bench and really squeeze them lats hard!

This was always my technique...
I've never had any back, wrist or joint trouble...
Bring it to rest right on the belt...

young d said:
i bring the bar to my abs, i don't actually touch but i get close enough (within an inch or 2), i use the same width grip that i do when i bench and really squeeze them lats hard!
same goes for me.. except my grip is narrow.. the guy said touch chest though... when i bring it if i wanted to touch it would touch my upperabs though not my bellybutton

IML Gear Cream!
Flex said:
it takes alot away when you guys stand almost upright (like Dorian).

you need to lean way over for them to be effective

1540_3.jpg

No those rows he did definatly were not effective! :D

:haha: :banana:

(Although... That is exactly how I blew out my hernia in JAN)

He was also roided out of his mind and is a genetic freak.

HardTrainer said:
No those rows he did definatly were not effective! :D

Dude, his enourmous back had more to do with genetics and drugs over his solely doing bent over rows...
musklerogmat.jpg

Flex said:
Dude, his enourmous back had more to do with genetics and drugs over his solely doing bent over rows...
musklerogmat.jpg

Yeah i know just messing, although i think its cos he does HIT with genetics and roids :D

KarlW said:
belly button though not chest for me :)

Same here, I dont bend over far enough for a chest-pull without it affecting my delts in a big way.

HardTrainer said:
Yeah i know just messing, although i think its cos he does HIT with genetics and roids :D

His gut must be 42 inches.

P-funk said:
:thumb:

FLEX that pic you put up is just freaky..talk about being f-ing HUGE!

Back