• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Tried Something Today and Loved It

Tough Old Man

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Today While performing deadlifts I decided on the last rep of each set to also shrug the bar for the traps. Wow what a difference especially after repping the weight. From now on it is my new way to get the traps in without working them by themselves
Try it you might like it. Oh one more thing I did find that I had to use straps from holding the bar so long to complete the shrugs

anytime i go above 275 i gotta use the straps for deads...i must have a weak grip or something....i mean i can do deads w/o straps above 275 but i just give out a lot quicker...and i been tryin real hard lately to work my grip....i want to crush a mans hand with my grip :headbang:

yea, that's angel style. If you know who archangle is, he's been doing it ever since he started deadlifting and everybody else has been doing it too. Take a look at his journal.

I havent tried it, but i may pretty soon.

This is one of the best trap excercises you can do WITHOUT doing the extra shrugs...throwing the shrugs in really makes sure the traps all torn up. I will sometimes go throw in a couple of extra dumbbell shrugs after Im done deadlifting just to give that extra burn. Traps hurt for days afterwards....days. Gotta love it.

just use a double overhand grip, works your traps plenty... shrugging like that is too risky

fUnc17 said:
just use a double overhand grip, works your traps plenty... shrugging like that is too risky
Sorry I don't understand your reply. Shrugging like that is too risky. Shrugging like what is to risky. Are you talking about after your last rep keeping the weight off the ground and shrugging it is to risky. If so have you had some type of injury from doing this. Man I loved it and thought maybe i came across something that no one else does. Well I guess it's been done for century's but I never had heard of it before. Anyway back to risky i don't think so. Fuck it if I get another injury maybe this torn rotator cuff might not feel so bad because of a diff injury

fUnc17 said:
I think he might be saying not use the OL' hockey grip when you shrug??

func17, What if we do four sets and swap the grip for 2 & 2??

Tough Old Man said:
Today While performing deadlifts I decided on the last rep of each set to also shrug the bar for the traps. Wow what a difference especially after repping the weight. From now on it is my new way to get the traps in without working them by themselves
Try it you might like it. Oh one more thing I did find that I had to use straps from holding the bar so long to complete the shrugs
Do you mean almost like a super-set? sounds interesting...

now do the deadlift and shrug and calf raise (like a clean pull). then you will really feel the exercise all over.

Tough Old Man said:
this torn rotator cuff might not feel so bad because of a diff injury
Hey T.O.M.

Just seen the post on the rotator injury, I have the same in the right shoulder, up to a course of ice and ibuprofen ago I nearly packed in because of it, bench and pressing went to sh*t. What do you do for yours or is it a case of jus work thru it?? Dead painful!!

Back