• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

body fat composition

arbntmare

StudentDentistTeethPuller
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i just went to the stupid gym for athelets at uva, and they said i had a body fat composition of 17.5, it sounds way off for me cause a few years ago i did it accurately and i was around 20 or so... but that was when i weighed 30 extra lbs and when i couldn't bench but 90 lbs, and couldn't run worth jack... now i bench 180-200, and i can run forever... does it sound right ?? i know that ability to lift weights and body fat composition is not that related but still.. 17.5? i thought i would be in 12 range or something, i am going to go to the hospital and check it out.. but anyways dude checked it by using my stomach, chest and leg muscle.. also i just tried to get my body fat composition half a year ago and i got around 14% that is why i was surprised when i heard 17.5... the 14% i think was done more accuraetly because it tested my triceps, stomach, chest, upper leg and lower legg i believe... what is the most accurate way to test for body fat composition??

Last edited:
So they used the calipers both times? Your age may have also make the diffrence to, when I went from 29 to 30, my BF went up by 4% because of the diffrent age bracket on the chart.

How do you look in the mirror, thats what I use mostly now for my BF %, getting measured makes for a good guidline though.

You should also find out what the percent error is for the method that was used. For calipers, I believe that the error is plus or minus 3%. Therefore if you are getting a 17.5 reading, your body fat is anywhere from 14.5 to 20.5%.

well i guess then i need to go to the hospital.. cause i am never going to have the same person do it everytime so every person will change my bf%!

u gotta be kidding me hehe.. i am college student, one of the reasons i like to workout.. its cheap!, even the supplements, they last for 30 days and only cost about 20 bucks.. u can't even find a better bargain anywhere heh

Best method is hydrostatic weighing.

The most accurate method is an autopsy. There is a nasty side effect to this method, though.

i dont even worry about my bf. when i do competitions people ask me "whats your bodyfat?" and the reason why i dont bother is because if i think i look good and everyone thinks i look good then thats all that matters. but if it makes you feel better to hear a number then by all means go by it. its the same with the scale. who gives a sh*t how much you weigh.

IML Gear Cream!
I did a hydrostatic weighing, and it was quite accurate- 14.8% And yeah, depending on who did the caliper test the results can vary.

Back