NapsGear.net

lower back pain

Thread: lower back pain

Rep Points

lower back pain

hello guys , my first post here,

i started working out like 5 weeks ago , am 19 and a college student , workout 3 dasys a week and workout mostly around the chest , shoulder , arms area.

2 days ago my lower back started paining.
    I have had back pain before as i am tall and lanky 6ft 4 178 pounds.

What can i do to get rid of this back pain whats the best exercise.

Also being in college i only have 2-3 meals a day average to get 5 meals a day is almsot like impossible and some day u go with like 1 meal.

So in this situation would buying a MEal Replacement Powder like N-Large 2 by Prolabs be adviseable.

Again I am looking ot put mass like any thin guy , working out for 5 weeks , started with just the bar in bench press now 110 , and gians in all execrcise , but i see my body not even showing 1% improvement.

any advise

thanks
    Asif

I'm Dead Sexxxxy!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

If you've hurt you back, then some rest is what you need.
    To help strengthen it, learn to deadlift with propor form, use light weight to start with. Also strengthen your ab muscles, lots of crunches and leg raise there.

As far as diet goes, try if you can to eat more often, a meal replacement will help but nothing beats real food.

Good Luck and welcome to the board!!!!
    Cool

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

My opinion is to do deadlifts. I always had lower back pain from swimming butterfly for four years. I never did deadlifts until about a year ago and now my lower back is doing great. Start light and leave your ego at the door. I would say do 3-5 sets at around 15 reps per set. I would say that if you have never done them do not go over 135lbs. Now you will have lower back pain two days later, but not in the spine or nerves. Your lower back muscles will be hurting though.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

When I was in college we had a small refrigerator in the dorm room. You could keep some milk and meal replacements. We had a little kitchen area also that we could all use, you could cook some chicken ahead and put it in the refrigerator. Get some tuna fish, peanut butter if you can't put on weight. There is a lot you can do without spending a lot of money. Don't just eat one meal a day. Actually from what I remember you probably could save money on the dorm cafeteria and cancel it and make your own meals. They wouldn't be as tasty loaded with saturated fat, but would help with your goals.