• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

PRIVATE real estate property UNDER ATTACK in the U. S.

Government can now TAKE your HOME - U. S. Supreme Court has ruled

• I am AGAINST someone taking my home from me

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • I am FOR someone taking my home from me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "What can you do?"

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • They can have it, I do not care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

John H.

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I do not have something I can bring up on this thread but on the National News last night (6-23-2005) it was reported that the U. S. Supreme Court has now ruled that any governmental body CAN TAKE through eminent domain proceedings ANYONE'S PRIVATE REAL ESTATE PROPERTY (your home!!) even for developments that are private developments for the "good of the community" - translation: if you own your home and the government wants to take it from you for the benefit of private development and developers THEY CAN TAKE IT FROM YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU DO NOT WANT TO SELL IT and you have nothing to say about it.

It looks as if EVERYTHING in America is going down the toilet!

Take Care, John H.

And the stupidest poll of the year goes to;
I am AGAINST someone taking my home from me
I am FOR someone taking my home from me
"What can you do?"
They can have it, I do not care
Congratulations :clapping:

Saw it. This is happening currently where I live. They are moving a north bound interstate about 2 miles to the east. Guess whats there......Peoples homes.
Most of the time the state gov. will offer hefty compensation. If they refuse and get kicked out on the "eminent domain" law, then thats their own stupidity.

irontime said:
And the stupidest poll of the year goes to;

Congratulations :clapping:

Hi IT,

Maybe so. I was not "awake mentally" when I thought this pole up - I was trying to make it so people could express their agreement or disagreement with the recent U. S. Supreme Court ruling and have people express their thoughts on the subject. Like everyone else I have ever met people do get "brain lock" sometimes. I guess you can now shoot me for being Human.

Take Care, John H.

GSXR750 said:
Saw it. This is happening currently where I live. They are moving a north bound interstate about 2 miles to the east. Guess whats there......Peoples homes.
Most of the time the state gov. will offer hefty compensation. If they refuse and get kicked out on the "eminent domain" law, then thats their own stupidity.

Hi GSXR,

I believe it is in Lakewood, Ohio, (near Cleveland) the city wants to take a LOT of private homes from people who do NOT WANT to sell and some have been in their homes for years for a PRIVATE developer to build shopping centers, etc. The area of the City that is being "condemned" is in FINE SHAPE and the people living in this area of the city take GOOD care of their homes and thus their homes are well thought of and reflect being taken care of - but this does not matter. The City WANTS these homes (a LOT are involved because this is going to be a big development that will "help" the City so Lakewood, Ohio, says) and the private homeowners now have nothing to say about it and can do nothing about losing their homes. And the Supreme Court has now ruled THIS CAN NOW HAPPEN - ANYWHERE! It is NOW LEGAL to take anyone'e private home for PRIVATE development.

Take Care, John H.

Well, what can you do? It's the freakin government for christ sake, bunch of washups.

and if Reagan were still alive he'd be kicking the shit out of Justice Anthony Kennedy right about now.

That rule has been around since America was born. Although they have abused this power like they do today

IML Gear Cream!
John H. said:
I was trying to make it so people could express their agreement or disagreement with the recent U. S. Supreme Court ruling and have people express their thoughts on the subject. Like everyone else I have ever met people do get "brain lock" sometimes. I guess you can now shoot me for being Human.
Well you probably would have got away with it except for this
"I am FOR someone taking my home from me"
But if I'm allowed to shoot somebody for it :shrug: Then I guess we're all winners :suicide: I always wondered what it would be like to kill :D

bigss75 said:
That rule has been around since America was born. Although they have abused this power like they do today

Actually I believe that the rule is from English common law, before American was founded. The 5th admendment has limited the use of eminent domain to "public use", but now they have bastardized the term "public use" saying that it is in public interest if the government gets more tax money.

i'd think it would be completely devastating to be forced to leave your home. they should have to pay a high enough price to people so that they have to really put some thought into doing it. a painful amount.

I wish they would tear out all of the homes on the beach side of me and dredge a bay 100 yards from my home and make a nude beach resort, that would be cool.

John H. said:
I do not have something I can bring up on this thread but on the National News last night (6-23-2005) it was reported that the U. S. Supreme Court has now ruled that any governmental body CAN TAKE through eminent domain proceedings ANYONE'S PRIVATE REAL ESTATE PROPERTY (your home!!) even for developments that are private developments for the "good of the community" - translation: if you own your home and the government wants to take it from you for the benefit of private development and developers THEY CAN TAKE IT FROM YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU DO NOT WANT TO SELL IT and you have nothing to say about it.

It looks as if EVERYTHING in America is going down the toilet!

Take Care, John H.
They've always been able to do so as far as I knew... I'm a broker. They're required to pay what it's worth and often you'll get much more than it's worth!:)

John H. said:
even for developments that are private developments for the "good of the community" - translation: if you own your home and the government wants to take it from you for the benefit of private development and developers.Take Care, John H.

They added this part in to it.

rockgazer69 said:
i'd think it would be completely devastating to be forced to leave your home. they should have to pay a high enough price to people so that they have to really put some thought into doing it. a painful amount.

Hi Rock,

To be sure!

I agree, they should pay a high enough price to be able to take your home - I'd start out at DOUBLE the actual value, that way they'd have to THINK about IF they really needed your property in the first place REAL HARD and if they decided they needed it so bad they'd have to pay you WELL and you would then probably have half a chance of finding another place YOU COULD AFFORD to buy. You are right - it should be a PAINFUL AMOUNT they must pay to you to have you leave your home. NOT TAXABLE TOO!

Take Care, John H.

maniclion said:
I wish they would tear out all of the homes on the beach side of me and dredge a bay 100 yards from my home and make a nude beach resort, that would be cool.

Hi Maniclion,

NUDE beaches should be a must for those who are totally in shape ONLY. And no "fats" and "fems"... Like parks in various communities all over the USA there should also be nude beaches wherever possible. And the religioius zealots should have to "attend" - this would probably be one of the first times they would be "honest".... and one of the first times they would be attending an honest "service" :laugh:

Take Care, John H.

bkc said:
They've always been able to do so as far as I knew... I'm a broker. They're required to pay what it's worth and often you'll get much more than it's worth!:)

Hi bkc,

Not for private developers doing private land.

It has been for governmental projects for the benefit of the government.

Now the US Supreme Court has ruled a governmental body can work with private interests to take private property from private owners to develop private property of private speculators where it will benefit the "whole of the community" (by the governmental body's definition of "benefit the community) and you have nothing to say about it and can not stop this taking of your private property for private development.

Take Care, John H.

John H. said:
Hi bkc,

Not for private developers doing private land.

It has been for governmental projects for the benefit of the government.

Now the US Supreme Court has ruled a governmental body can work with private interests to take private property from private owners to develop private property of private speculators where it will benefit the "whole of the community" (by the governmental body's definition of "benefit the community) and you have nothing to say about it and can not stop this taking of your private property for private development.

Take Care, John H.
John brings up a good point...

This has been going on for some time now. Neal Bortz (Radio talk show host) has been warning us of these dangerous encroachments on private property rights for years! Here is a good example.

Back