• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

One Sided:

ZECH

Founder of GOSB
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
One Sided:

Who bombed our Trade Towers? Who flew a plane into the Pentagon? Who was responsible for a plane full of innocent people crashing in a field in Pennsylvania? Who bombed the U.S.S. Cole? Who destroyed our embassies in Africa? Who are we fighting in Iraq?

The answer is Al Qaida and our blood enemy is Al Qaida whether they???re flying planes into buildings in New York or sneaking around Iraq killing citizens, never mind whether they???re women or babies.

Why isn???t it being reported that way?

I cannot understand why the networks and major newspapers in this country seem to be more concerned with what happens to the prisoners in Guantanamo than they are with our men and women in uniform.

I have no problem with anybody reporting the news but when you only report one side you???re not really reporting the news, you???re just stating an opinion.

The news stories in many of our newspapers and on network TV sound more like an editorial than responsible reporting.

The mainstream media holds the United States to a standard they would never dream of holding any other country in the world to.

OK, I???m alright with that, since we???re the greatest, most powerful country on earth, we should be held to higher standards. But
why are we always portrayed as the bad guys? Why is every mistake the military makes blown up so out of proportion?

Why does the New York Times spend ten times more print space on the Abu Ghraib prison affair than they do on the inhuman beheading of people at the hands of terrorists?

OK so a Koran got abused, well guess what, the detainees abused the Koran three times more than the supposed military abuses.

And besides that is anybody except the media really so upset with a Koran being damaged? Why don???t they tell us that it is against the law to even have a Bible in your possession in many Muslim countries? Why don???t they tell you about the killing and inhumane treatment of Christians in Muslim countries? There is an organization in the U.S. who sends out free Korans, printed in English to anybody who requests them. Try that with a Bible in Iran.

Why are they so sympathetic to hardened criminals who???d just as soon cut their family???s throats as to look at them?

I???ve said it before and I???ll say it again. There are a lot of people in this country who just don???t get it.

This war cannot be won with words or diplomacy. This war will not go away, even if we brought every man in woman in uniform home tommorow. Either we take the war to them or you???d better believe they???ll bring it to us.

This is a war to the death, there will be no quarter given, no mercy offered and no end to it until the last terrorist is six feet under.

Pray for our troops.

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels
June 24, 2005

dg806 said:
One Sided:
Who are we fighting in Iraq?

The answer is Al Qaida

Yes, but who is Al Qaida? Arabs! So were fighting against Arabs.

dg806 said:
One Sided:

Who bombed our Trade Towers? Who flew a plane into the Pentagon? Who was responsible for a plane full of innocent people crashing in a field in Pennsylvania? Who bombed the U.S.S. Cole? Who destroyed our embassies in Africa? Who are we fighting in Iraq?

The answer is Al Qaida and our blood enemy is Al Qaida whether they???re flying planes into buildings in New York or sneaking around Iraq killing citizens, never mind whether they???re women or babies.

Why isn???t it being reported that way?

I cannot understand why the networks and major newspapers in this country seem to be more concerned with what happens to the prisoners in Guantanamo than they are with our men and women in uniform.

I have no problem with anybody reporting the news but when you only report one side you???re not really reporting the news, you???re just stating an opinion.

The news stories in many of our newspapers and on network TV sound more like an editorial than responsible reporting.

The mainstream media holds the United States to a standard they would never dream of holding any other country in the world to.

OK, I???m alright with that, since we???re the greatest, most powerful country on earth, we should be held to higher standards. But
why are we always portrayed as the bad guys? Why is every mistake the military makes blown up so out of proportion?

Why does the New York Times spend ten times more print space on the Abu Ghraib prison affair than they do on the inhuman beheading of people at the hands of terrorists?

OK so a Koran got abused, well guess what, the detainees abused the Koran three times more than the supposed military abuses.

And besides that is anybody except the media really so upset with a Koran being damaged? Why don???t they tell us that it is against the law to even have a Bible in your possession in many Muslim countries? Why don???t they tell you about the killing and inhumane treatment of Christians in Muslim countries? There is an organization in the U.S. who sends out free Korans, printed in English to anybody who requests them. Try that with a Bible in Iran.

Why are they so sympathetic to hardened criminals who???d just as soon cut their family???s throats as to look at them?

I???ve said it before and I???ll say it again. There are a lot of people in this country who just don???t get it.

This war cannot be won with words or diplomacy. This war will not go away, even if we brought every man in woman in uniform home tommorow. Either we take the war to them or you???d better believe they???ll bring it to us.

This is a war to the death, there will be no quarter given, no mercy offered and no end to it until the last terrorist is six feet under.

Pray for our troops.

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels
June 24, 2005

:clapping: :clapping:

why are we always portrayed as the bad guys?

not for long we're not if we keep heading down the path we have been heading down. BTW who is exaclty being protrayed as a bad guy, Bush can do no wrong according to Fox News.
To respond to your question thou, America LOVES scandals plain and simple. The good stuff, the victories go past silently, its always going to be the stupid shit that is sexy and appealing, not just with Iraq, but anything in the media, period. The wins that the FBI or any other government agency is nto praied b/c they don't take curtain calls. For instance, there hasn't been an attack since 9/11, do you thinkk its b/c the leaders of these terrorist cells have given up, or is it b/c people are doin their job and handling things (not to say that there couldn't or won't be). You see my point thou, thats just how the media operates. The informed citizens know what to really think, and the rest let teh media become the sole basis of their gossip-like beliefs. The media is a HUGE problem in the country and its only getting worse. we should be focusing on this developing situation imo

Wow...Charlie Daniels - media expert.

You know, if people would stop waving the flag long enough to think a little, neither the media nor this ridiculous excuse for a government would be able to manipulate us so easily.

For one thing, how would Charlie Daniels even know there was ever a beheading or that bibles aren't allowed in certain countries (even though the 700 Club and TCT seems to regularly collect money and crow about the converts they are making in Islamic nations.. while, of course, decrying those who become Muslims in the West)? This might be a "holy war" to people like Daniels, but he isn't waving the christian flag, he's waving the flag of the United States.

Now, as far as having higher standards, this is what happens when a political party - and a nation - operates under the attitude that we do have higher moral, spiritual, ethical and political standards. And when those standards are violated, they become news to us because that represents what is supposed to be unusual and not the norm for our society - and something we aren't supposed to support for anyone. So when our Administration depends more on image rather than substance, it opens itself up for more criticism because of the many contradictions between that image and reality.

When the Republican notion of "American master race" slips up because of situations like torture or abuse of the Koran. . .or about the tasteless proselytizing at the Air Force Academy, it calls into question our basic constitutional and ideological beliefs.

Thanks to the stupidity of our President and his loudmouthed comments about the Iranian elections, the public has voted for a wingnut leader there because he'll take a stronger stand against American interference. And yep, Iranian political analysts directly pointed to remarks made by BushCo. as influential in the reactions of the Iranian people in the electoral process. Why does Bush hate America? Is he trying to aid and comfort the fundamentalist enemies?

So while Daniels can toot the tired old conservative myth about the media being the problem, how about a little personal responsibility from a government which commits troops overseas without adequate equipment and a stop/gap perpetual enlistment policy for National Guard troops? Is all this Administration able to accomplish is passing some flag burning constitutional amendment?

It makes me think about the remarks made by young Republicans about their real support of the war in a recent Knight-Ridder story:

Some have friends in the military in Iraq and are considering enlisting; others said they can better support the war by working politically in the United States; and still others said they think the military doesn't need them because the U.S. presence in Iraq is sufficient.

"Frankly, I want to be a politician. I'd like to survive to see that," said Vivian Lee, 17, a war supporter visiting the convention from Los Angeles.

Lee said she supports the war but would volunteer only if the United States faced a dire troop shortage or "if there's another Sept. 11."

"As long as there's a steady stream of volunteers, I don't see why I necessarily should volunteer,' said Lee, who has a cousin deployed in the Middle East.

"If there was a need presented, I would go,' said Chris Cusmano, a 21-year-old member of the College Republicans organization from Rocky Point, N.Y. But he said he hasn't really considered volunteering."

Tell that to the troops who can't come home because of extensions in their service requirement and the Army recruiters who have fallen well below goals for the past five months now.

As for Daniels, why doesn't he take some responsibility as a damned citizen of this country and figure out that free nations aren't supposed to have media that parrot nothing but his political party philosophy. And as for this crap about us being locked into a bitter struggle for absolute survival, Daniels needs to ask some wingnut why they hate America so much that, during a time of such desperate war, they engage in a divisive culture war here at home supported by the Administration.

DG..I always agree with your political posts...maybe we are long lost cousins...lol

kbm8795 said:
Wow...Charlie Daniels - media expert.

You know, if people would stop waving the flag long enough to think a little, neither the media nor this ridiculous excuse for a government would be able to manipulate us so easily.

For one thing, how would Charlie Daniels even know there was ever a beheading or that bibles aren't allowed in certain countries (even though the 700 Club and TCT seems to regularly collect money and crow about the converts they are making in Islamic nations.. while, of course, decrying those who become Muslims in the West)? This might be a "holy war" to people like Daniels, but he isn't waving the christian flag, he's waving the flag of the United States.

Now, as far as having higher standards, this is what happens when a political party - and a nation - operates under the attitude that we do have higher moral, spiritual, ethical and political standards. And when those standards are violated, they become news to us because that represents what is supposed to be unusual and not the norm for our society - and something we aren't supposed to support for anyone. So when our Administration depends more on image rather than substance, it opens itself up for more criticism because of the many contradictions between that image and reality.

When the Republican notion of "American master race" slips up because of situations like torture or abuse of the Koran. . .or about the tasteless proselytizing at the Air Force Academy, it calls into question our basic constitutional and ideological beliefs.

Thanks to the stupidity of our President and his loudmouthed comments about the Iranian elections, the public has voted for a wingnut leader there because he'll take a stronger stand against American interference. And yep, Iranian political analysts directly pointed to remarks made by BushCo. as influential in the reactions of the Iranian people in the electoral process. Why does Bush hate America? Is he trying to aid and comfort the fundamentalist enemies?

So while Daniels can toot the tired old conservative myth about the media being the problem, how about a little personal responsibility from a government which commits troops overseas without adequate equipment and a stop/gap perpetual enlistment policy for National Guard troops? Is all this Administration able to accomplish is passing some flag burning constitutional amendment?

It makes me think about the remarks made by young Republicans about their real support of the war in a recent Knight-Ridder story:

Some have friends in the military in Iraq and are considering enlisting; others said they can better support the war by working politically in the United States; and still others said they think the military doesn't need them because the U.S. presence in Iraq is sufficient.

"Frankly, I want to be a politician. I'd like to survive to see that," said Vivian Lee, 17, a war supporter visiting the convention from Los Angeles.

Lee said she supports the war but would volunteer only if the United States faced a dire troop shortage or "if there's another Sept. 11."

"As long as there's a steady stream of volunteers, I don't see why I necessarily should volunteer,' said Lee, who has a cousin deployed in the Middle East.

"If there was a need presented, I would go,' said Chris Cusmano, a 21-year-old member of the College Republicans organization from Rocky Point, N.Y. But he said he hasn't really considered volunteering."

Tell that to the troops who can't come home because of extensions in their service requirement and the Army recruiters who have fallen well below goals for the past five months now.

As for Daniels, why doesn't he take some responsibility as a damned citizen of this country and figure out that free nations aren't supposed to have media that parrot nothing but his political party philosophy. And as for this crap about us being locked into a bitter struggle for absolute survival, Daniels needs to ask some wingnut why they hate America so much that, during a time of such desperate war, they engage in a divisive culture war here at home supported by the Administration.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I have nothing against Americans, but this attitude pisses me off;
dg806 said:
since we???re the greatest, most powerful country on earth, we should be held to higher standards.
I think that's why most of the countries in the world dislike the U.S., there is a very big "I am American so I'm going to suck my own dick" attitude that is very obnoxious and annoying. It's like they are trying to put themselves over everyone else and into god-like stature just because they were born on a paticular piece of land. I realize that not every American thinks this way, but there is a large percentage that do, and it would just be nice if they would stop choking on their own cock and get over themselves.

kbm8795 said:
For one thing, how would Charlie Daniels even know there was ever a beheading or that bibles aren't allowed in certain countries (even though the 700 Club and TCT seems to regularly collect money and crow about the converts they are making in Islamic nations..

Because he has traveled to the region many times in support of the troops and has taken the time to learn the culture and thinking, which is more than you have done.

kbm8795 said:
As for Daniels, why doesn't he take some responsibility as a damned citizen of this country .

He has. He takes the time to help for the beliefs he believes in.
Unlike you, you cannot get off your liberal high horse long enough to quit bashing Republicans. But that's ok, we will just add more seats next election!

This quote would have been better if it were like this...

Who bombed our Trade Towers? Who flew a plane into the Pentagon? Who was responsible for a plane full of innocent people crashing in a field in Pennsylvania? Who bombed the U.S.S. Cole? Who destroyed our embassies in Africa?

The answer is Al Qaida, so we bombed Iraq.

:haha: That's one way to look at it :rofl:

dg806 said:
Because he has traveled to the region many times in support of the troops and has taken the time to learn the culture and thinking, which is more than you have done.

Ok, Mr. Media Expert...why don't you re-read that statement. Did Daniels personally witness beheadings? Did he have his bible confiscated? Are satellite broadcasts of the 700 Club blocked by the networks in each Middle Eastern nation? And if that's the case, why is Pat Robertson constantly taking up collections to send more bibles over there?

The point is, Mr. I-Love-My-Political-Party-More-Than-My-Country is that he didn't get all of his information from first-hand experience. . .unless, of course, he's been a collaborater with the insurgents and stood in the room watching beheadings. And since I'm gonna guess that was highly unlikely, he must have received some information about these things just like the rest of us did....from the MEDIA.

As for Daniels, why doesn't he take some responsibility as a damned citizen of this country .

He has. He takes the time to help for the beliefs he believes in.
Unlike you, you cannot get off your liberal high horse long enough to quit bashing Republicans. But that's ok, we will just add more seats next election!

[/QUOTE]

Uh...say what? "He takes the time to help for the beliefs he believes in."? And what kind of beliefs are those. . .?

Ok...now I know you are a member of the 101st Fighting Keyboardists. But geez, dg...have you ever looked back and counted the number of threads you've started praising and promoting the gospel of the GOP and bashing the other party? No wonder you Republicans hated the Fairness Doctrine.

You must not have been looking at any of the public opinion polls, cuz the Party ain't getting a whole lot of support for just about anything they are doing. Congress' approval ratings are in the tank and sinking fast - and the Prez can't even get majority support for new dresses for his unemployed, not-interested-in-volunteering-for-the-military college graduate daughters.

kbm8795 said:
You must not have been looking at any of the public opinion polls, cuz the Party ain't getting a whole lot of support for just about anything they are doing. Congress' approval ratings are in the tank and sinking fast - and the Prez can't even get majority support for new dresses for his unemployed, not-interested-in-volunteering-for-the-military college graduate daughters.

Polls :rolleyes:

dg806 said:
One Sided:

The US has not declared war on Al Qaeda. The US has not declared war on anyone officially. The US has couched its use of force in terms of attacking 'terrorism' in our defense. That, as it's been noted, is a tactic and not an enemy. A 'war' on a tactic can mean eternal war.

Like Dale Mabry noted, we attacked a country (Iraq) fully divorced from the facts germane to the 9/11 attack. The 9/11 attackers were by and large Saudis with ties to Al Qaeda.

The US has started an illegal war. If the rule of law sounds like 'liberal high horse' garbage, then I suggest a review of your morality. No WMDs, No self-defense and no human atrocities to justify the US attack. Partisan support for the war doesn't change the reality of distortion and deception practiced by this government.

The US government has played its citizens for rubes.

"Why lying is ok...we're spreading democracy through the middle east." How installing a democracy is supposed to change the moral climate of those people hating America's capitalist/militarist incursions into their countries is beyond me.

Are you talking about the polls that said Kerry would win? I guess that is why the republicans control both houses! Yeah I'm guilty of promoting republicans. I'm like Charlie. I stand up for what I believe in. No, the republicans are not perfect by a long shot. But compare that to the choices the democrats have thrown at us.........:barf:
I still say they are going to have to come up with a much better plan if they want to gain any of the seats back they have lost. And right now, I don't see it happening.

dg806 said:
Who are we fighting in Iraq?

The answer is Al Qaida

Al-Qaeda was NOT in Iraq until the U.S. removed Hussein.

We must be aware of this. Hussein and Osama did not like each other at all.

ON the topic of this Iraq conflict, the U.S. will not win. A Shiite government is not going to be able to maintain security and legitimacy from the Sunni population.

The Iraq war has already been lost.

IML Gear Cream!
Mr_Snafu said:

ON the topic of this Iraq conflict, the U.S. will not win. A Shiite government is not going to be able to maintain security and legitimacy from the Sunni population.

I agree 99% :clapping: :clapping:

^ Now it is beyond political.

Meaning that a political solution will NOT solve this problem with the insurgency.

A couple of insurgent groups are motivated by political reasons.

Now....many are not.

Below is a link detailing an interview with a 20 year old soon-to-be suicide bomber. This is a very interesting article. We must realize, there are many, many more, like him.

Link: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1077288,00.html

Damn, how do you fight something that considers dying an honor? :hmmm:

dg806 said:
Are you talking about the polls that said Kerry would win? I guess that is why the republicans control both houses! Yeah I'm guilty of promoting republicans. I'm like Charlie. I stand up for what I believe in. No, the republicans are not perfect by a long shot. But compare that to the choices the democrats have thrown at us.........:barf:
I still say they are going to have to come up with a much better plan if they want to gain any of the seats back they have lost. And right now, I don't see it happening.

Well, let's all roll out the big flag and start a parade in your honor, dg806. . .are you trying to insinuate that your beliefs are the only ones worthy enough to be supported? And you are right - the Republicans aren't perfect by a long shot - which means they aren't as worthy of eternal worship as you wingnuts like to profess.

You can say all you want about coming up with a better plan for the "other" party, but I think you miss the whole point here. . .Americans aren't enamored by right wing zealots any more than they like extremes on the left -and what those polls indicate is that people are increasingly tired of hearing nothing but ridiculous dogma and no real solutions for actual problems. You might be comfortable electing people to Congress to spout off ideological nonsense, or to hold special sessions to pass special rights legislation for one individual, but an increasing majority of Americans expect our government to do a little more than polarize the country, manipulate information, skew scientific research to match political goals, and crucify segments of our own citizenry to appeal to the most insecure.

All the flagwaving means nothing when the government promotes disunity.

kbm8795 said:
. . .are you trying to insinuate that your beliefs are the only ones worthy enough to be supported?
IMO yes! What have the dems got worth supporting? Nothing.
And you can keep saying polls,polls, but the elections have clearly showed more support for conservatives than liberals. And it WILL continue until the democrats change their way of thinking.

Mr_Snafu said:

1) Yes they were
2)They did collaborative with each other
3)It was not a win/loose situation. There is no way the US could have not done what it set out to do. They did what they set out to do. They knew it would take many years to stabilize the country
4)You're dreaming

2)When and on what. We collaborated with Al Qaeda in the not so distant past as well, but that is water under the bridge. I believe it was shown that there was no connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda, at least no significant one. You can connect any 2 people or groups to each other if you try hard enough, even GW and Osama or us and them.

Jeez, even the 9/11 report drafted by figures handpicked by the Bush administraton found no substantive connection between Al Qaeda and Hussein (Iraq).

No evidence of WMDs either.

The US also collaborated with (i.e., trained and armed) Bin Laden in Afghansitan and president Bush had some ties to bin laden in the business world. The US also armed Hussein's people.

One must have profound cognitive dissonance to support the US in this matter and not have any reservations.

dg806 said:
IMO yes! What have the dems got worth supporting? Nothing.
And you can keep saying polls,polls, but the elections have clearly showed more support for conservatives than liberals. And it WILL continue until the democrats change their way of thinking.

The elections are over - and in the first six months of total GOP control, what exactly has been accomplished for the country? A lot of namecalling, fear-and-smear baiting, a lot of pandering to the wackiest "leaders" of the sacreligious Right? Bush has become the fastest lame-duck President in history, squandering his political capital by insisting on promoting as much disunity as possible in the country. He hasn't had majority support since February, his social security bogus "town hall" meetings (open by invitation only to his supporters) failed miserably, his foreign policy is a shambles, and he's managed to take overwhelming support from the American people for action after 9/11 into overwhelming questioning of his ability to conduct successful operations in Iraq.

The biggest mistake you "conservatives" are making is that you believe the elections "proved" some big, great man-date that doesn't require any responsibility. Then you wheel out such bogus schemes as the Schiavo interference, filibuster breaking, bankruptcy legislation that ignores how half of all new bankruptcies are caused by overwhelming medical bills, a ridiculous flag desecration amendment and a parade of appointments that represent the most extreme fringes of the Party.

If you think the other party is going to become a mirror image of the Republicans, you need to get in touch with the heart of your Party via such scourges as Tony Perkins and James Dobson, who seem to order Senator Frist around like a puppy in training. Perkins, who has a history of lying about his purchase of David Dukes' mailing list while running for office in Louisiana, isn't exactly representative of our parents' Republican party, is he? And Dobson, the self-proclaimed father of the 'family movement" and a primary supporter of dangerous reparative therapy clinics to "change" gay Americans into superior straights, is hardly representative of the majority of Americans.
Trying to ignore how the Party started tanking with the bankruptcy bill and the outrageous Schiavo legislation (which showed that Republicans don't believe in anyone's sanctity of marriage) as if it didn't affect public opinion about this Administration is ridiculous. But keep on pretending. . .cuz that's just going to drive more people to reject the GOP as extremist next year.

And that isn't just a federal issue - in many states where Republicans controlled the legislatures, they spent more time worrying about such huge social problems as regulating the "suggestive" moves of cheerleaders on the football field to trying to ban gay citizens from foster parenting to attempts to censor books and materials.

Of course you think your opinion is the only one worth supporting. That keeps in your undying belief that the First Amendment only applies to Republican political correctness.

dg806 said:
One Sided:

Why isn???t it being reported that way?....
Maybe it's being reported that way b/c even republicans can see the folly of the Bush administration with its warcrimes in Iraq:

625sqhagel.jpg
More than 200 Nebraska American Legion members, who have seen war and conflict themselves, fell quiet as Sen. Chuck Hagel bluntly explained why he believes that the United States is losing the war in Iraq. And Hagel's deep fear is that it will all plunge into another Vietnam debacle, prompting Congress to force another abrupt pullout as it did in 1975.

I assure you that Hagel is not a democrat.

Back