• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bench and Lats

Rocco32

UNLEASH THE BEAST
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Alright, I'm doing Westside as some know. I'm really trying to up my bench so I was told to do lots for rows for my lats since my sticking point is at the bottom of the movement.

Should I also be worried about doing Chins, Pulldowns, Vertical plane movements as well?

Why not? If it doesn´t help maybe it at least won't hurt.

Vieope said:
Why not? If it doesn´t help maybe it at least won't hurt.
Your right, I just don't want to enter overtraining. Trying to maximize the most of my w/o time for my specific goals.

Rocco32 said:
Your right, I just don't want to enter overtraining.
Sure.

3750Pool2.JPG

Fu*king bunny!!!! :funny:

hey Rocky, obviously training the lats on a nearly same plane that the bench is performed is the most important thing. Everything else is more for overall strength and aesthetics. like V said, it can't hurt, but defn prioritize. I don't think that doin some WG chins is gonna be the difference between overtraining and not and overall lat strength is goin to be beneficial, so yeah I would reccommend using all planes. hey man what sites are you using to learn westside out of curiosity?

Thanks Gr81. I'm actually going on what I remember from last year when I did it and different journals. I need to go back to T-nation for some of those articles.

yeah T-mag is a good source, but once you kind of have the basics you defn want to go to Westside-barbell.com and especially Elitefts.com, dave tate's website. There are SOOO many great articles for you to soak up, and they have a great exercise index for all the westside movements as well. I got some links in my sig to those sites.. its always nice to talk westside with someone, I love it so much.. ha.. anyways peace man

Rocco32 said:
Alright, I'm doing Westside as some know. I'm really trying to up my bench so I was told to do lots for rows for my lats since my sticking point is at the bottom of the movement.

Should I also be worried about doing Chins, Pulldowns, Vertical plane movements as well?

There will be a carry-over if you strengthen your late in a vertical plane, due to the transmutation of training effect. However, you should definitely emphasize using your lats in a horizontal plane.

IML Gear Cream!
do bent rows and dumbell rows, man.. strong lats will skyrocket your bench.

Back