• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Breaking through the wall!!

mmuscle

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Are there any benefits to cheating with form?

Okay, you lift for a while and get to a decent weight, which you can move in good form, but can't seem to progress any further.

Do you think that it's worth sacrificing some form, just to increase the weight and then maybe work on improving the form once you have got used to the heavier weight?

Cheers!

mmuscle

http://www.makemuscle.net

there are some benifits. i find that if i bench press 150 pounds with absolute PERFECT form, and super slowly for a set i get so much more burnt out than i do with 250 with shit form and not holding out the negatives. i guess if you cheat on the way up its cool, but DO NOT cheat on the way down (which i think everyone at my gym does). 3 second negatives are good.

I would be worried about getting injured due to pore form.

Do you train with a partner? If your at the point where you can't seem to do any more without cheating, a partner can help you with some forced reps at the end of a set or help you work on some negatives. You may also consider working on weak points that may be holding you back.

Increasing the weight and decreasing your attention to form is an excellent combination for an injury.

Hi guys.

I see what you mean about cheating perhaps leading to injury. However if you are only cheating slightly, just to get through a wall and to help move up to that next weight. Isn't that maybe worth doing?

mmuscle

mmuscle said:
Hi guys.

I see what you mean about cheating perhaps leading to injury. However if you are only cheating slightly, just to get through a wall and to help move up to that next weight. Isn't that maybe worth doing?

mmuscle

I think cheat reps have their place during certain movements. A tiny bit of lean during bicep curls isn't going to do any harm. It's almost like a self-spot.

However, on other movements like the military press, I don't think leaning back to get the weight up is the best idea. Maybe a very miniscule amount is okay, but I would never recommend it.

I just got injured by bad form... Shooting pain down the back of my shoulder following dumbell shoulder raises... Can hardly move my arm now - Ouch!!!!

IML Gear Cream!
I just got injured by bad form... Shooting pain down the back of my shoulder following dumbell shoulder raises... Can hardly move my arm now - Ouch!!!!

yea bro thats real bad. i had the samething happen to me. one time i did dumbell shoulder raises w/ too much weight and my left shoulder popped. it felt like my rotator cuff like completely shifted. always use a spot, you live you learn

How is it breaking through a wall if you have to cheat to do it?

If you're at a plateau, switch up your routine - different exercises, different rep ranges - just don't sacrifice form.

My opinion.

I agree, mix up the workouts, sometimes your muscles start to memorize your routine if you don't mix it up so to speak, so throw something in there that does the same thing except you have to do it differently, or it takes different movements to do it, that works a lot of times.

Cheating never got anyone anywhere, look at Bonds for instance, he broke a plateau but he didn't do it honest, and now he's paying for it for the rest of his life. (nothing to do with bodybuilding);)

Back