• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What if a skydiver faints of excitement?

I think if its at a certain point away from the ground it deploys on its own.

bigss75 said:
:hmmm: I don't think so bud, unless there's a really new technology that I haven't heard of :shrug:

Otherwise he hits the ground and goes *SPLAT*

bigss75 said:
That is true, there is even another parachute, if the first one fails. But I don´t think it helps a lot, since you need to control the speed and where you gonna land.
Since they jump near cities..

The only parachutes I am aware of that "auto-deploy" are the static line chutes we (military) use during air drops. The other sort are the parachutes rigged into the ejection systems on fighter aircraft (in case the pilot is rendered unconscious).Other than those examples I am unaware of any standard parachute that auto-deploys.

Like IT said, if you don't pull that pilot chute off your leg, you gonna go SPLAT :splat:

This is why you have to tandum jump a few times before you get certified to jump alone.

The first jump I ever made was a static jump, I blacked out as soon as I let go of the wing. I came too just as the parachute opened. :eek:

:haha: That's always good. I did a static jump too. They told me to arch my back and arms but they never said a damn thing about my legs. It was caught on video, and when my right leg kicked out I did two perfect cartwheels in air. It looked like I did it on purpose but believe me, I was screaming "HOLY SHIT!!" :lol:

[size=-1]auto-deploy altimeter[/size]

maniclion said:
[size=-1]auto-deploy altimeter[/size]
This is the system used on the ejection systems I mentioned earlier. If a fighter pilot ejects above 10000 feet, the systems will allow the pilot to free-fall below the 10k mark before the chute deploys.

The only other place I've seen the auto-deploy altimeter used was a video game (I forget the name)

IML Gear Cream!
Witmaster said:
This is the system used on the ejection systems I mentioned earlier. If a fighter pilot ejects above 10000 feet, the systems will allow the pilot to free-fall below the 10k mark before the chute deploys.

The only other place I've seen the auto-deploy altimeter used was a video game (I forget the name)
Just giving Vieope ideas so he can feel safe knowing he can get one if he ever has to go skydiving and fears blacking out. But it would be a super expensive addition to an already expensive activity especially for guy's who've done 100's of jumps. This is why you have to get certification to skydive, because if you balck out while doing tandems and statics, no way in hell are they going to allow you to free fall alone unless you're unpopular.

Ahhh Brilliant!

Vieope has nothing to worry about. Bunnies bounce, don't they?

Witmaster said:
Ahhh Brilliant!

Vieope has nothing to worry about. Bunnies bounce, don't they?
Yeah. Nothing to worry about. But I didn´t know the auto-deploy thing was that expensive.

I heard another mistake people do is thinking that the ground is already too close and letting go of the parachte. :shrug:

Hey, do I need to do the first jumps with someone glued to me? :finger:

I think if I use a cat and a few ropes attached to the parachute, I might develop an auto-deploy altimeter.

Vieope said:
I heard another mistake people do is thinking that the ground is already too close and letting go of the parachte. :shrug:

Hey, do I need to do the first jumps with someone glued to me? :finger:
Letting go of the shute :scratch: That's a new one. I personally kept mine on till I landed. I think what you mean is that they think they are really close to the ground and they 'flare' the shute to early. That's when you pull both toggles in hard at the same time and it slows you down really fast....before it drops you. I did that :lol:

And no you don't have to have someone attatched to you. Do a static jump. That's where you climb out onto the wing, let go, and the chute pops open after about 10 seconds free fall. Really fun :thumb:

irontime said:
And no you don't have to have someone attatched to you. Do a static jump. That's where you climb out onto the wing, let go, and the chute pops open after about 10 seconds free fall. Really fun :thumb:
That´s great. :)

What about base jumping?

If it scares you that much that you might blackout then you should just do the wind tunnel, most skydiving schools have them. You can close your eyes and pretend to be free falling through the sky

Now I have heard how some parachutists have freaked out when using the older style canopys. There is a large Slit in the back that allows the air the channel out the back of the chute and provide you with a bit of forward thrust. I've heard how some poeple look up and see that large slit in the chute and think their rig is malfunctioned so they cut the primary off and deploy the secondary out of shear panic.

maniclion said:
If it scares you that much that you might blackout then you should just do the wind tunnel, most skydiving schools have them. You can close your eyes and pretend to be free falling through the sky
No it doesn´t scare me. Well, I need to go in the plane first and jump to properly answer that.

Hey, I am even wondering about base jumping. :)

Witmaster said:
Now I have heard how some parachutists have freaked out when using the older style canopys. There is a large Slit in the back that allows the air the channel out the back of the chute and provide you with a bit of forward thrust. I've heard how some poeple look up and see that large slit in the chute and think their rig is malfunctioned so they cut the primary off and deploy the secondary out of shear panic.
:lol:

:grin:

IML Gear Cream!
i did tandom skydiving, jumped from 13,000ft. it was AWESOME!

IN sports skydiving we always dive with two canopies, main and reserve. The reserve is generally fitted with what is called an AAD or automatic activation device.

I use a Cypres, which you can pick up for around $700.

What this little wonder does is monitor your speed of descent, and if you are still falling fast below a certain altitude then it will automatically deploy your reserve chute.

A lot of the really experienced guys don't use them as they don't want want a false deployment when doing RW* but I've never personally heard of a false deployment.

Here's a quote from the Cypres website:

"If you pass 750 ft above ground level at a speed of 78 mph (115ft per second) or more, Cypres recognizes the fact and an electronic impulse activates the release unit. This cuts the reserve closing loop cleanly to allow for instant reserve deployment, irrespective of ripcord pins, handles or cutaway systems. And let's face it, if you are still in free fall at 750ft, conscious or unconscious, you need a reserve - NOW. It doesn't matter how experienced you are, hit the ground in free fall and you're dead!"

I wouldn't jump without one. OK it's a lot of money, but hey what price do you place on *your* life?

More info here for those interested. http://www.cypres.cc/Sites/englisch/Frameset_engl_skydiving.htm

Toodle-Pip!

*RW or relative work, now called formation skydiving.

Back