• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

life and death

ABLQ2

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
a friend of mine died today. i was just wondering what everyones opinion on life and death was. feel free to post up.

Sorry to hear that, it is extra sad when someone young dies.
The older I get the less I care about death, I can see it coming and there is nothing I can do about it. :shrug:

he was 18. to see all that he put into powerlifting go to waste is truely depressing.

Well I kinda have this strange philosophy.
No matter what you do, if you succeed or not, if you make a huge ass out of yourself, it doesn't matter. Because one day, you will die, and not much you did will really matter at all. So go out, have fun, make the most of what time you have now and don't worry about it.

ABLQ2 said:
he was 18. to see all that he put into powerlifting go to waste is truely depressing.

dying that young is tragic. what happened to him ?

drowned.

he was walking along the beach (of a lake) with some friends and fell off a ledge.

I was just (this morning) informed that one of my buddies I served with in Afghanistan was killed on a motorcycle. He was in Texas, test driving a new bike, when he was struck by a drunk driver.

SGT Huse was a remarkable individual who had a profound impact on the men he served with. Although his life was tragically cut short, we are greatful and blessed for having been touched by it briefly.

Sad and tragic. It infuriates me to know his death was so unnecessary. Taken by a reckless, drunken individual who exercized shitty judgement.

All these sorts of events serve to continually remind me (and I hope all of you as well) that this life is on LOAN. Don't ever think you own it. Make the most of the gift you ahve been given. Be a good steward of the time you have here.

My condolences to both of you. RIP

ABLQ2, i dont want to sound harsh..but you said your friend died today and you're here posting on the forums? I'd be with my family or his family mourning his loss. I wouldn't be on my computer telling a bunch of people i do not know in real life that a friend of mine died. It's rather odd, but i am not trying to be a dick or offend you. I'm sorry for your loss.

irontime said:
So go out, have fun, make the most of what time you have now and don't worry about it.
Agree, you never know how much time you have left. Life is too short to not enjoy it.

IML Gear Cream!
shiznit2169 said:
ABLQ2, i dont want to sound harsh..but you said your friend died today and you're here posting on the forums? I'd be with my family or his family mourning his loss. I wouldn't be on my computer telling a bunch of people i do not know in real life that a friend of mine died. It's rather odd, but i am not trying to be a dick or offend you. I'm sorry for your loss.
Something to consider....

People are very unique in how we individually cope with stress and shock in our lives. Some people cry, some laugh. Some respond with rage and furious outbursts while other recluse into a cave and remain isolated for days.

I don't fault ABLQ2 for comeing here to seek answers and trying to make sense of such a tragic loss. Forums like this offer people the freedom to express a deep emotional query without the risk of revealing a "uncomfortable" situation with someone in a face-to-face setting. And, realistically, just because someone takes the time to post here does not mean they haven't taken the time to seek family and friends locally.

This isn't the first time someone who suffered a great loss has come here to cope. Several of our members here have suffered even greater (and far more personal) losses and have come here to recieve the assurance that they have support and comfort in thier time of need.

shiznit2169 said:
I completely disagree. I've been comming here for years and have found this a place where I can talk about anything, even stuff that I wouldn't talk to family or friends about. This is the perfect place for ABLQ2 to get out whatever he needs to.

yes, i completely agree with all of your points witmaster and irontime. Everyone is different. I asked him that question because if that happened to me, i'm not the person who would come online and post about it (unless i know someone personally for a while...like a PM) ..but i respect that and understand fully. Thanks for pointing it out.

irontime said:
I completely disagree. I've been comming here for years and have found this a place where I can talk about anything, even stuff that I wouldn't talk to family or friends about. This is the perfect place for ABLQ2 to get out whatever he needs to.
agreed.

shiznit2169 said:

i tried talking to some people about it, but it seems like his death is more of a conversation starter with them. they dont really truely care about him, because they never really talked to him. the people that care are no where near. his dad is in the middle east, and all of his other friends are out of town. IT doesnt seem to have had any profound impact on them, and it bugs me when i bring it up and recieve that sort of reaction.

Honey sorry to hear about your friend......My view is very simple on this topic! We are here for a set amount of time....you are faced with challenges and the way in which you deal with these challenges dictates who you are. To be harsh, his time was up and it is your challenge to deal with and appreciate him for the time you had with him. His family and the other friends have to deal with their own demons in their own way. I must stress that it is good for you to seek the view of others, that way you can make a valued decision on how you "think" you should feel.....but at the end of the day....only you can deal with how you feel. If it means you get smashed (drunk) then go do it, if you feel the need to cry and vent in any other way, do it... but remember him in the fun times and try not to judge the others for the way they are dealing with it........I wish you luck........and if you need any further "venting" on a strong shoulder..........I might be able to help........sometimes its easier to vent to someone you dont know!!!!

Back