• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Avoiding Arginine

BulkMeUp

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Was looking into foods high in Arginine. Unfortunately walnuts are high in them (compared to lysine). Though they are highly recommended as one of the best nuts for a source of fats. So are there any alternatives? Can one supplement with Lysine to increase the ratio of Lysine to Arginine to offset this?

Maybe I read ? wrong, but why avoid arginine? :confused:

BulkMeUp said:
It increases the chances of an outbreak of cold sores.

only if you already have the virus that causes them. you either get cold sores or you don't.

LAM said:
only if you already have the virus that causes them. you either get cold sores or you don't.
:grin: that right. Only if one is succeptable to getting them. I want to keep my chances as low as possible.

BulkMeUp said:
:grin: that right. Only if one is succeptable to getting them. I want to keep my chances as low as possible.

supplementing with arginine won't effect wether or not you get the virus that causes them

Hate to share it with you but chances are you already have it.

About 80% of the general population actually already has/carries the Herpes Simplex Virus (cold sore virus). It is just that only ~20% will actually express the virus and get the sores...

Many people who do express the sores will supplement with lysine, but there is no use reducing your intake of Arginine 'just incase'....

If you are really worried you could... And you could also increase your intake of the cruciferous vegetables (broccoli etc) because compounds in these are also linked to inhibiting the virus growth... And start to suppliment with Selenium and Zinc... But this is probably going over the top. :grin:

FishOrCutBait said:
dude. Its not that bad, dont worry about it. I get cold sores, and I supplement with arginine, and I havent had any in years.
I had a couple of outbreaks a while ago and was trying to keep it under control.

IML Gear Cream!
Robert DiMaggio said:
there is an Rx (very expensive) but effective for cold sores, ask your drug dealer, I mean your doc. .
Yes i asked my pill pusher.. i mean doc :grin: an he did explain there are meds to keep it under control. I was trying to keep outbreaks to a min by controlling arginine intake and increasing lysine intake as i came accross suggestions that helps in reducing outbreaks. Rather than keep popping meds.

LAM said:
supplementing with arginine won't effect wether or not you get the virus that causes them
Thats right, it wont prevent infection. But i read and heard that keeping arginine lower in ratio to lysine reduced the number of outbreaks. And hence was looking into possibilities of controlling this by the food i intake.

Emma-Leigh said:
Many people who do express the sores will supplement with lysine, but there is no use reducing your intake of Arginine 'just incase'....
I saw a med show on tv this afternoon which suggested a lower ratio of arginine to lysine reduces the chances of an outbreak. And that got me thinking.

One of the whey-egg protein shakes i use daily saya it is high in arginine as well as walnuts have a higher ratio of arginine to lysine. Oh well, i guess i shall just leave things the way they are.

BulkMeUp said:
Thats right, it wont prevent infection. But i read and heard that keeping arginine lower in ratio to lysine reduced the number of outbreaks. And hence was looking into possibilities of controlling this by the food i intake.
If you already get them the best thing you can do is make sure your immune system is not 'stressed' at all - so keep your body healthy and happy and you will decrease the risk of outbreaks significantly.

You may find dietary manipulation helps in terms of decreasing your walnuts etc - although it might be easier just to suppliment with lysine.

Emma-Leigh said:
If you already get them the best thing you can do is make sure your immune system is not 'stressed' at all - so keep your body healthy and happy and you will decrease the risk of outbreaks significantly.
Yup. A stress free life for me always :angel2:

Emma-Leigh said:
You may find dietary manipulation helps in terms of decreasing your walnuts etc - although it might be easier just to suppliment with lysine.
Thanks, Emma. I'll look into supplimenting with lysine.

BulkMeUp said:
Ok, and when i get the next cold sore, i a comming over to kiss you! :teeth:
I've got a friend named Mossberg who would just love to put his muzzle, I mean mouth, next to yours :wave:

musclepump said:
I've got a friend named Mossberg who would just love to put his muzzle, I mean mouth, next to yours :wave:
Then maybe he should stop the Arginine :rofl:

IML Gear Cream!
Emma-Leigh said:
Hate to share it with you but chances are you already have it.

About 80% of the general population actually already has/carries the Herpes Simplex Virus (cold sore virus). It is just that only ~20% will actually express the virus and get the sores...

If you are really worried you could... And you could also increase your intake of the cruciferous vegetables (broccoli etc) because compounds in these are also linked to inhibiting the virus growth... And start to suppliment with Selenium and Zinc... But this is probably going over the top. :grin:
I get cold sores once in a while, and I don't worry about my arginine intake. I just supplement with lysine and selenium daily, and when i feel an outbreak coming on, I increase the supplementation for a day or two. I have found that it really helps. In fact, this has probably helped more than prescription ($$$) treatment, at least for me. I also eat a lot of broccoli, but this is the first i hear about it inhibiting the virus.

ASSPUNCTURE said:
wut happens if I put my dingaling in someones mouth who has a coldsore? will I get the coldsore virus that will show up on my mouth or on my weiner?
I hope your joking.....Its called Herpes simplex 2 and you can get it from a mouth or someones genitals.

herpes simplex 1 and herpes simplex 2 are not the same thing. This is one of the most basic explanations I've found to date:
[size=-1][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...T[/font][/size][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]here are two types of herpes simplex viruses: two different strains of the virus. You can think of them as a submarine division and an air division of the same army. Their missions are the same, to conquer the white warriors in all of our immune systems. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Let???s call herpes simplex 1 the ???air division???. Herpes simplex 1 is the virus commonly responsible for cold sores and ???sun blisters??? (facial herpes). This air division of rogues prefers the upper body environment; it is where it thrives, and is able to carry out its mission most effectively. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] So then let???s call herpes simplex 2 the submarine division. Herpes simplex 2 is the virus commonly responsible for genital herpes. This submarine division of rogues prefers the lower body environment; it is where they thrive, and are able to carry out their mission most effectively. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] It is important to understand that either type of virus, air or submarine division, (herpes simplex 1 or 2) can survive in either environment, but are stronger and better equipped to exist in their natural environment, which results in more frequent outbreaks in that area. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] For the record, the submarine division, herpes simplex 2, is a stronger unit, is more tenacious, virulent, and strikes back more often, so to speak. Luckily, modern medicine has provided our white warriors with reinforcements, in the form of antiviral medication, which can reduce the frequency and severity of outbreaks.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]from: http://www.herpesresourcecenter.com/safersex.html
[/size][/font]

GoalGetter said:
herpes simplex 1 and herpes simplex 2 are not the same thing. This is one of the most basic explanations I've found to date:
[size=-1][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...T[/font][/size][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]here are two types of herpes simplex viruses: two different strains of the virus. You can think of them as a submarine division and an air division of the same army. Their missions are the same, to conquer the white warriors in all of our immune systems. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Let???s call herpes simplex 1 the ???air division???. Herpes simplex 1 is the virus commonly responsible for cold sores and ???sun blisters??? (facial herpes). This air division of rogues prefers the upper body environment; it is where it thrives, and is able to carry out its mission most effectively. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] So then let???s call herpes simplex 2 the submarine division. Herpes simplex 2 is the virus commonly responsible for genital herpes. This submarine division of rogues prefers the lower body environment; it is where they thrive, and are able to carry out their mission most effectively. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] It is important to understand that either type of virus, air or submarine division, (herpes simplex 1 or 2) can survive in either environment, but are stronger and better equipped to exist in their natural environment, which results in more frequent outbreaks in that area. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] For the record, the submarine division, herpes simplex 2, is a stronger unit, is more tenacious, virulent, and strikes back more often, so to speak. Luckily, modern medicine has provided our white warriors with reinforcements, in the form of antiviral medication, which can reduce the frequency and severity of outbreaks.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]from: http://www.herpesresourcecenter.com/safersex.html
[/size][/font]
Herpes can be transfered from a mouth "cold sore" to the genitals..

ForemanRules said:
Herpes can be transfered from a mouth "cold sore" to the genitals..
YES. But it doesn't change the TYPE or strain of the virus that it is. So simplex 1 doesn't become simplex 2 just because it is on the genitals.

Holy shit! Asspirate is back. Hows it going, man?

GoalGetter said:
YES. But it doesn't change the TYPE or strain of the virus that it is. So simplex 1 doesn't become simplex 2 just because it is on the genitals.
When I see a cold sore on a womans mouth I run......thats one opinion I wont test :thumb:

Back