Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Best diet to lose 10 pounds in 3-4 weeks?

Rep Points

Best diet to lose 10 pounds in 3-4 weeks?

Hello!

I am getting married in about 6 weeks and am looking to take of about 10 pounds of bodyfat (mostly around stomach but a little around legs.) For the past 3 months I have been working intensely with a trainer and eating clean, with a few cheats, and have managed to (in my opinion at least) dramatically reduce my bodyfat from 32% to 22%. I am SO much stronger and more energetic. However, I definitely still have about 10 pounds to lose before I am 'bikini confident' for the honeymoon. While, as I said, there are 6 weeks until the wedding, I only have 3-4 weeks to work with to get the wedding dress altered in. So, I have a couple of questions:
    1) Is it possible to lose 10 pounds in 3-4 weeks?
    2) If so, what is the best way to go about it? as I see it, I can do either moderately low calorie, moderate carb (800-1000 calories a day, 100 grams of carbs a day, and do tons of running and exercise and lift like hell) or do a low calorie, low carb diet (20 grams of carbs a day or less, 500-800 calories a day), continue to lift, and cut back on cardio because having done low carb before I simply can't make it more than a couple of miles.

I am a very determined person and know that I can succeed as long as I pick a plan and don't start to wonder a week in, 'I wonder what would happen if I tried this' and stuck with it. Any advice on what to do would be HUGELY appreciated. Yes, I know what I am planning to do is ultimately a bit unhealthy, but it is only for 3-4 weeks and I plan to immediately go back to my prior healthy eating regimen.

Thank You!

Lisa

tryin to grow...
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

yes you can do it..sounds like you will. good luck diet diet diet..dont cheat .... low cals & low carbs & lots of water..

tryin to grow...
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

you dont need to go under 1000 cals a day..not healthy at all..youre better off doing more cardio and eating right.

Rep Points

really?

so you really think that the some carb, 1000 calorie a day and TONS of cardio option is better than the very low calorie vegetables and lean protein idea?

Huntington Beach Profession: Professional Baller Hair-color: Medium Brown Height: 5 foot 11 inches EyeColor: Blue-Green
    Rep Points

What are your stats?(height, age, weight)
    Doing too much cardio will actually slow your weight loss.
    Best thing to do is design a well balanced diet, workout schedule, and moderate cardio.
    Definetly hit the weights several times a week to preserve lean body mass and increase metabolism.

Most important thing is to focus on dropping bodyfat % and not just weight. 10 pounds is a good goal, just make sure its mostly fat. If you lose 5 pounds of muscle and 5 pounds of fat, you'll look worse than you did before.

Check out the stickies at the top of the D&N forum for futher help on your diet.

Good luck
    Age-16
    Weight-164
    BF %-10<_<12
    National*Professional*Paintball-Players*League Novice Division.

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Tons of cardio is not going to be beneficial... It can hinder weight loss and cause you to lose a lot of muscle - which will just make you look flat.

If it is only a short term solution and you don't mind suffering a whole heap then I'd look into a few cycles of a PSMF. You can read about it HERE

Otherwise you could try to make up a cyclic type approach yourself. A cyclic diet would be the easiest/fastest way to drop the weight. Something like your suggestion would be best (lots of green stuff, moderate protein, low carb) and then add in a re-feed once a week.

I WOULD NOT do this in the last week before your wedding - but you could do it for the three weeks before that. Then, in the last week, a more moderate diet would be best.

But something like:
    Mon
    - Low cal, low carb, moderate protein, low fats
    - Weights (HEAVY!)

Tues
    - Low cal, no carb, moderate protein, lowish fats
    - Cardio (30-45 mins moderate intensity)

Wed
    - REST

Thurs
    - High carb, moderate protein, low fats
    - weights (HEAVY!!)

Fri
    - Rest day

Sat
    - Low cal, low carb, moderate protein, low fats
    - Cardio (30-45 mins moderate intensity)

Sun
    - +/- cardio (30-45 mins moderate intensity)

You could set the levels at about:
    • Moderate protein between 1-1.5g per pound lean mass (less on high carb day, more on no carb day).
    • Low fat means take your fish oils (6-10g) and no added fats
    • Lowish fats could be 0.3-0.35g fats per pound lean body mass
    • No carb would be as it sounds - no carbs (except green vegetables)
    • Low carb could be, say, ~100g (about the 'happy brain' point)
    • High carb could be, say, ~2-2.5 x lean body mass

So, say you were 130 pounds and 22% BF - then:
    Lean mass = 101 pounds

no carb, mod. protein and lowish fats would be -
    As close to 0g carbs as you can get, 150g protein, 30-35g fat = ~900 cals

low carb, mod protein, low fats would be -
    100g carbs, 150g protein, <20g fat (tag'along fats + fish oils) = ~1200 cals

High carb, mod protein, low fats would be -
    200-250g carbs, 125g protein, <20g fat = ave. ~ 1600 cals

It would suck... But it would probably work.

As I said though -- I would not use this approach in your last week... You COULD look into a competition prep type thing for the last week - but that might be a little over the top. I would just use the last week to chill out and get prepared for the big day.

Good luck!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    If it is only a short term solution and you don't mind suffering a whole heap then I'd look into a few cycles of a PSMF. You can read about it HERE
    Just to expand on what Emma said (and save you some time searching), the diet/e-book is actually called "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" (a PSMF is a Protien Sparing Modified Fast, and she's right - it's not fun to do, but then I guess the fun bit is looking fab in your wedding dress )