Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

Balanced training:

Rep Points

Question Balanced training:

Is there a training method that can maintain the balance of strength between opposing muscle groups?

For example, quads and hams? Doing the same number of exercises and sets to create a balance – strength wise and for developing symmetrical body parts?

Rep Points

IMO...balance is something you need to be aware of, there is no written workout out there that will prevent it 100%. If you bench 300 and do DB rows with 25Lbs then you are out of balance . For myself I can do 5 sets of chest once a week and still BP 400, but I need to do twice as much work to keep my back as strong....Just be aware of your strengths and weaknesses and make it a point to try and even them out.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Yeah. If two opposing muscle groups are imbalanced, them emphasize the one that needs strengthening while merely maintaining the strength of the other muscle group by keeping loads static.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

Rep Points

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    IMO...balance is something you need to be aware of, there is no written workout out there that will prevent it 100%. If you bench 300 and do DB rows with 25Lbs then you are out of balance . For myself I can do 5 sets of chest once a week and still BP 400, but I need to do twice as much work to keep my back as strong....Just be aware of your strengths and weaknesses and make it a point to try and even them out.

Quote Originally Posted by CowPimp
    Yeah. If two opposing muscle groups are imbalanced, them emphasize the one that needs strengthening while merely maintaining the strength of the other muscle group by keeping loads static.
    So basically it is a developmental process whereas the trainee needs to emphasize priority training and/or a particular exercise/set/rep scheme to keep one body part up to par with the opposing one; considering that certain body parts can grow faster than others.

Makes sense, thanks fellas!