• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gain strength Vs. Gain Weight

baseball914

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What is the difference and what are the basics for doing each

Strength gain = ability to lift heavier weights
Weight gain = getting heavier

To gain strength you lift heavy
To gain weight you eat more calories than you burn

Lifting heavy will help your muscles to grow which will add bodyweight as well, but for weight gain and any (body)gains for that matter, diet is critical.

For me, they go hand in hand. When I gain weight, I get stronger. I think this is true for most.

It seems like the age old adage of "lift big, get big" is true. Certainly, diet is key, but look at what the lifters of old were able to do without knowing about the glycemic index of carbohydrates and such. Powerlifters lift big all the time, and (despite the notorious bodyfat accumulation that you see on major strongman contenders) they posess massive and impressive musculature.

* Legion * said:
It seems like the age old adage of "lift big, get big" is true. Certainly, diet is key, but look at what the lifters of old were able to do without knowing about the glycemic index of carbohydrates and such. Powerlifters lift big all the time, and (despite the notorious bodyfat accumulation that you see on major strongman contenders) they posess massive and impressive musculature.

Oh, no doubt, but I guarantee the powerlifters and world strongman competitors are not eating 2000 cals ;)

dg806 said:
For me, they go hand in hand. When I gain weight, I get stronger. I think this is true for most.
I agree 100%
Its called "Hypertrophy" baseball914, if you want look it up and it will give you a quick and basic idea about how and why muscle growth takes place.

i know, i know, powerlifter= bodybuilder who likes pizza for breakfast. Hey, i have abs! somewhere... :(

* Legion * said:
i know, i know, powerlifter= bodybuilder who likes pizza for breakfast.

Some, most definitely NOT all. I am not aware of any 900# benchers that can see their abs, but below that, yes.

Glen Chabot could have been close to seeing his abs when he was in the 308s.

Back