• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pre-bed Shake?

pyro

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Help me make a shake for bedtime

I bought enough whey protein but I read that it's fast digesting. What can i use to slow the absorption of the whey? Will PB be enough?? What about fruits e.g. bananas will aid?
BTW, Am i the only one who hates Cottage cheese? it's the most aweful taste. Is cottage cheese w/ strawberries,pineapples,etc any better?

thanks

The ideal combination would be casein protein, fats such as PB, and a source of fiber(FiberCon or Metamucil taken separately). Since you have the whey already, just add 2 tbsp of it and get some generic sugar-free Metamucil at WalMart(Equate brand). Just mix the fiber in a small glass of water and take it right after your shake.

MMMMMMMMnnnnnn :hmmm:

flash-19.jpg

My ultimate shake/MR is:

16oz skim milk
1 whole banana
1 tbsp flax oil
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 scoops ON whey (can use only 1)
1 cup Total cereal
4 ice cubes
BLEND and ENJOY!!!!

I dont like cottage cheese either. For some reason rye bread makes it easier to eat for me. Sounds weird, but I read it on another thread, and it worked well for me.

pyro said:
Help me make a shake for bedtime

I bought enough whey protein but I read that it's fast digesting. What can i use to slow the absorption of the whey? Will PB be enough?? What about fruits e.g. bananas will aid?
BTW, Am i the only one who hates Cottage cheese? it's the most aweful taste. Is cottage cheese w/ strawberries,pineapples,etc any better?

thanks
What can you use?
Fat
- Nuts (PB, walnuts)
- linseeds/seeds
- oils (olive, linseed, walnut)

Fibre
- psyllium
- high fibre fruits (things like banana, grapes, pineapple etc are not your best 'slow fruit' choices - strawberries and raspberries are better)
- brans (wheat bran)
- xanthum gum or gar gum
- Other high fibre things (wheat germ, high fibre vegetables etc)

Other proteins
- casein protein (eg: cottage cheese) or powders
- eggs (cooked)
- meats

So what about something like:
Whey
Cottage cheese
PB

Then:
+/- flavourings of choice (SF maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon)
+/- fruits such as raspberries
+/- added fibre (psyllium or xanthum-gum)

In terms of what is better: Personally, I would go for the real food such as casein + fruit + nuts every time.

Thats a great shake... but...?

TrojanMan60563 said:
My ultimate shake/MR is:

16oz skim milk
1 whole banana
1 tbsp flax oil
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 scoops ON whey (can use only 1)
1 cup Total cereal
4 ice cubes
BLEND and ENJOY!!!!

That sounds like an awesome shake, and I will definitely be trying it as my morning shake... but doesnt it seem like a lot of sugar for someone to drink right before going to bed? I would be wide awake from the banana alone.

My bedtime meal is usually cottage cheese (blended), 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter, and 3 fish oil caps. Sometimes I will add milk and frozen strawberries to the cottage cheese mix.

KentDog said:
My bedtime meal is usually cottage cheese (blended), 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter, and 3 fish oil caps. Sometimes I will add milk and frozen strawberries to the cottage cheese mix.

I have a similar shake every nite just before bed.
1 cup non-fat low carb milk
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
1 scoop whey protine
1 TBL spoon Nat PB
splash of SF syrup (vanilla, chocolate, rasberry, carmel, etc).

I do not take any fish caps since I have PB in the shake. I also refrain from any additional carbs in my last meal. I forgot why no carbs, but it seems I recall that without the carbs the digestion was slower.

IML Gear Cream!
could you do this for a cut diet, pre bed shake?

Yes, I do. The only thing I change up is the amount (less on cuts), and typically no milk.

My magical uber happy pre-bed shake

1 cup milk or water, depending on bulk/cut
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 scoop ON whey
1 scoop ON casein
2 tablespoons natty PB

Smile

Then have fiber. Smile again.

Guys, what other fruits can i use besides strawberries or raspeberries? they are little expensive for my budget....

You should change it once in a while ... currently im taking:

100% egg protein
6 oz low fat milk
2 oz water, or ice cubes
1 oz coconut milk

12 Desiccated liver pills (Uniliver)

Pizzer said:
That sounds like an awesome shake, and I will definitely be trying it as my morning shake... but doesnt it seem like a lot of sugar for someone to drink right before going to bed? I would be wide awake from the banana alone.

Oh it is very awesome! Its great in the morning, and sugar does nothing to keep me awake. It does have a fair amount of sugar and calories so its probably not the best thing before bed...might want to do something simple like milk/whey/flax oil before bed.

1 scoop either optimum nutrition or nitrotech
1 scoop glycerlean
2 cups water
1tbsp flax
10grams amino powder

also take tribulus, zma, ecdysterone, and methoxy at this time

NEW_IN_THE_GAME said:
1 scoop glycerlean
2 cups water
1tbsp flax
10grams amino powder

:confused: thats all :hmmm:

forgot my glutamine, which is 10 grams, and my last dose of nitrix.
whats wrong, i am gaining very well, and is this not good enough?

IML Gear Cream!
NEW_IN_THE_GAME said:
1 scoop glycerlean
2 cups water
1tbsp flax
10grams amino powder

Look at that shit (I mean that literaly). You waste a lot of money bro :)

Back