• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Gym Myths

god hand

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Training Myths

Just want to create some dicussion on general damn training myths. A place to talk some common misconceptions of what we have found in our experience.

Last edited:
Do you mean training myths... :confused:

I might not understand the thread but, the idea that you have to train at a hardcore gym to get really big and strong....I believed that one for years.

im not sure about gym myths

but some myths ive learned are true...for instance, anyone with a japanimation avatar on a bodybuilding website will infinitely post lame threads thatve been done one thousand times over

A power lifter once told me that if you do a very high rep ( 20 or so) at the end of your bench workout it would make you weak....he said your muscles would forget the heavy weight.

ForemanRules said:
A power lifter once told me that if you do a very high rep ( 20 or so) at the end of your bench workout it would make you weak....he said your muscles would forget the heavy weight.

Think this is true??

ForemanRules said:
:eek:

IML Gear Cream!
ForemanRules said:
This comes from maxot training, which said muscle have memory. If you finish your workout with a high rep low weight, your muscle will remember this set and not all the others.

Sounds like bullsh** to me.

Wider Grip on Chinups

Will make your back wider

Placing the labels of the plates outward will cause an imbalance on the bar.

Why do we all insist on putting the labels inward? Is there any logical explanation for this?

A myth my mother always told me

Don't work out, you're too young and you won't grow :p

The truth is, she's half right... Your spine rings get squished up together and the lubrication between them diminishes, so the bones rub against each other and you will lose some degree of height.

PTYP said:

Why do we all insist on putting the labels inward? Is there any logical explanation for this?

I just throw the plates on, never thought about having the labels out!

PTYP said:

I used to put the labels facing outward at school and everyone used to flip out on me..

I once heard that if you smoke you lose 25% of your gains!

can't think of any others right now

I don't know about myth

But I heard
once alcohol begins to be broken down by the liver
you body will not produce certain growth hormones for 8-12 hours
after the the point where BAC returns to normal...

chunky34 said:
This comes from maxot training, which said muscle have memory. If you finish your workout with a high rep low weight, your muscle will remember this set and not all the others.

Sounds like bullsh** to me.
Actually that myth has been around for over 40 years. I also read it in an old BB mag from 1972.

MyK said:

So I assume this is a myth since it's in this thread?

IML Gear Cream!
MyK said:

I think there is some truth on that myth....maybe 25% of your lungs or 25% of your life. ;)

the more sets, the better

you got to feel the burn

buy an ab roller and you will have great abs

if a woman lifts weights she will look like a man

protein bars are good for you

[insert latest and greatest supplement here] works miracles!

just a couple cycles won't hurt

squatting below parallel will destroy your knees

The Monkey Man said:
I don't know about myth

But I heard

that is true. the higher the BAC the lower serum test values. alcohol also has a negative effect on GH so that will also effect IGF-1 output levels from the liver.

The more the burn, the more you've caused hypertrophy.

Bodybuilders are weak unlike powerlifters.

GSXR750 said:
The more the burn, the more you've caused hypertrophy.

:laugh: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

- For every time you drink, you will lose 2 lb. of muscle
- Best way to gain: one day lift entire upper body, next day lift legs, repeat.

The Monkey Man said:
I don't know about myth

But I heard
I think it's somewhat true, Tom Venuto says so in his book...

He says for the next couple of hours after heavily drinking... Guess a beer won't kill ya, but a bottle of whisky will..

reimon said:
I think it's somewhat true, Tom Venuto says so in his book...

He says for the next couple of hours after heavily drinking... Guess a beer won't kill ya, but a bottle of whisky will..

your body classifies alcohol as a poison, because it is, it therefore puts the metabolising of other nutrients on hold and focuses on eliminating the alcohol from the blood stream. while the liver is concentrating on the alcohol, all the other fats and carbs that would of been metabolized get stored as fat.

so if your gonna drink, drink vodka water and do so on an empty stomach :thumb: however this would probably not be a good idea!!! :bulb:

Back