NapsGear.net


Newbie who needs help

Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mansfield,OH
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10

    Smile Newbie who needs help






    Im kinda new to bodybuilding. I lifted for about 2 months about a year ago and saw some pretty good results. But, the thing is that I didn't really have a set program which I would like to have. I think I was seeing such good results because I was using creatine which I didnt know much about and I hear its not real good for the younger generation( Im 16). But anyways I would really appreciate it if someone who has been lifting for a long time and knows alot about bodybuilding could help me get together a program that will work good for me and give me some tips on what to do and not to do. I would really appreciate it because im really into bodybuilding and i would like to make a career out of it, so please help me out in anyway possible.

  2. #2
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Just an examlpe of a workout you could do.

    MONDAY: Bench Press 4 sets 8 reps, Incline DB press 4 sets 8 reps, Lying triceps extensions ( skull crushers) 3 sets 8 reps, Dips 2 sets to failure

    TUESDAY: DB rows 4 sets 6-8 reps, Pull ups or Lat pull downs 4 sets 8-10 reps, Close grip pull downs 2 sets of 10, Hammer curls 3 sets of 6-8, barbell/ez curl 3 sets of 10.

    WEDNESDAY: OFF

    THURSDAY: Squats 4 sets of 6-10, thigh extensions 3 sets of 10, standing calves 4 sets of 12. Hamstring curls 3 sets of 10, stiff leg Dead lift 3x 1o.

    FRIDAY: Seated DB press 4 sets of 6-8, cable laterals 3 sets of 10, upright rows 3 sets of 10, rear delts 3 sets of 10-12.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    baja calif, Mexico
    Posts
    6,932
    Rep Points
    10

    Dr. E has put up a good routine for you. I would be very carefull on the skullcrushers. Make sure you stay with very light weight for some time to let the joints and tendon surrounding the elbows to adjust. Skullcrushers can end a lot of your pushing movements should you tear a tendon. I know. If you find that they do start bothering the elbows stop them and replace witha different exercise for the triceps

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    Just an examlpe of a workout you could do.

    MONDAY: Bench Press 4 sets 8 reps, Incline DB press 4 sets 8 reps, Lying triceps extensions ( skull crushers) 3 sets 8 reps, Dips 2 sets to failure

    TUESDAY: DB rows 4 sets 6-8 reps, Pull ups or Lat pull downs 4 sets 8-10 reps, Close grip pull downs 2 sets of 10, Hammer curls 3 sets of 6-8, barbell/ez curl 3 sets of 10.

    WEDNESDAY: OFF

    THURSDAY: Squats 4 sets of 6-10, thigh extensions 3 sets of 10, standing calves 4 sets of 12. Hamstring curls 3 sets of 10, stiff leg Dead lift 3x 1o.

    FRIDAY: Seated DB press 4 sets of 6-8, cable laterals 3 sets of 10, upright rows 3 sets of 10, rear delts 3 sets of 10-12.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    ihateschoolmt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    5,632
    Rep Points
    138111922

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    Just an examlpe of a workout you could do.
    Good routine.

  5. #5
    newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mansfield,OH
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10

    Thanks Dr.E I might try that out.What about saturday and sunday?Any tips that could help me out as a beginner?

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by BadassBeast
    Thanks Dr.E I might try that out.What about saturday and sunday?Any tips that could help me out as a beginner?
    Sat and Sun "eat...and rest"....4-5 days with weights is plenty.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  7. #7
    newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mansfield,OH
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10

    Okay. How long should I stay on this program?

  8. #8
    the unbanned
    MyK's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    consumerville!
    Posts
    11,504
    Rep Points
    215433628

    Quote Originally Posted by BadassBeast
    Okay. How long should I stay on this program?
    stay on the program about 6 months. however, you should be rotating exercises every 6 weeks or so. if you hang around here, you should pick up alot of knowledge and after the six months be able to develop your own programs.

    also, you should go to the diet section of this site and learn about proper diet. see if you can get a copy of burn the fat feed the muscle by tom venuto.



    are you doing cardio????

  9. #9
    Fueled by Testosterone
    MODERATOR
    CowPimp's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    15,929
    Rep Points
    16817091

    Lift hard and eat harder. Use compound freeweight exercises to start. Squats, deadlifts, good mornings, bent rows, pullups, bench press, military press, situps, etc.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

    CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

  10. #10
    leftnutknockout
    stonev16's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    the shed
    Posts
    182
    Rep Points
    10

    I'm gona print this one off ad use it for a little while as soon as i try out another program......I love your signature foreman "ass titties ass ass titties titties"that was one a the best skits ever
    currently 155 lbs ......goal 165 by november (thanks for the help )

  11. #11
    newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mansfield,OH
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by MyK
    stay on the program about 6 months. however, you should be rotating exercises every 6 weeks or so. if you hang around here, you should pick up alot of knowledge and after the six months be able to develop your own programs.

    also, you should go to the diet section of this site and learn about proper diet. see if you can get a copy of burn the fat feed the muscle by tom venuto.



    are you doing cardio????
    thanks MyK what exactly do you mean by rotating exercises every six months?

    Im definitly gonna hang around because I get great joy in BB and I hope to get to my perfect body some day.

  12. #12
    Functional Lifting = Life


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,537
    Rep Points
    3146125

    In other words, he's saying not to keep the same exercises for too long because the body will get used to them. My opinion is that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. In other words, if you have a routine during which you see consistent progress for even ten years, why change it if you're progressing? Of course, boredom would surely set in first, but I think you get the idea.
    Push yourself. Enjoy yourself. Be yourself.
    Knowledge is power. Obsessed with functional strength. Journal

  13. #13
    newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mansfield,OH
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by MyK
    stay on the program about 6 months. however, you should be rotating exercises every 6 weeks or so. if you hang around here, you should pick up alot of knowledge and after the six months be able to develop your own programs.

    also, you should go to the diet section of this site and learn about proper diet. see if you can get a copy of burn the fat feed the muscle by tom venuto.



    are you doing cardio????
    I play soccer so I have to run alot and thats my cardio. Im gonna check that diet section out, thanks for the info

  14. #14
    newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mansfield,OH
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    Just an examlpe of a workout you could do.

    MONDAY: Bench Press 4 sets 8 reps, Incline DB press 4 sets 8 reps, Lying triceps extensions ( skull crushers) 3 sets 8 reps, Dips 2 sets to failure

    TUESDAY: DB rows 4 sets 6-8 reps, Pull ups or Lat pull downs 4 sets 8-10 reps, Close grip pull downs 2 sets of 10, Hammer curls 3 sets of 6-8, barbell/ez curl 3 sets of 10.

    WEDNESDAY: OFF

    THURSDAY: Squats 4 sets of 6-10, thigh extensions 3 sets of 10, standing calves 4 sets of 12. Hamstring curls 3 sets of 10, stiff leg Dead lift 3x 1o.

    FRIDAY: Seated DB press 4 sets of 6-8, cable laterals 3 sets of 10, upright rows 3 sets of 10, rear delts 3 sets of 10-12.
    when you say 4x8 do you mean that my last rep should be the last rep I can do?

  15. #15
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bakersfield CA
    Posts
    168
    Rep Points
    10

    he means find the weight in which 8 reps is all you can do and its obviously going to go up as time goes on, the first set after you warm up that is should be all you can do 8 times then you might have to take off 5lbs to do it 8 times on your second set.

  16. #16
    High $ociety
    Cold Iron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    ONtario
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Points
    2825079

    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man
    Dr. E has put up a good routine for you. I would be very carefull on the skullcrushers. Make sure you stay with very light weight for some time to let the joints and tendon surrounding the elbows to adjust. Skullcrushers can end a lot of your pushing movements should you tear a tendon. I know. If you find that they do start bothering the elbows stop them and replace witha different exercise for the triceps
    werd.... and dont keep your elbows tucked in. Let them flare as they may,naturally. Also, creatine is fine, assuming adequate water consumption.

  17. #17
    newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mansfield,OH
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakersfield
    he means find the weight in which 8 reps is all you can do and its obviously going to go up as time goes on, the first set after you warm up that is should be all you can do 8 times then you might have to take off 5lbs to do it 8 times on your second set.
    Ok, I thought that was what he ment thanks.

  18. #18
    newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mansfield,OH
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man
    Dr. E has put up a good routine for you. I would be very carefull on the skullcrushers. Make sure you stay with very light weight for some time to let the joints and tendon surrounding the elbows to adjust. Skullcrushers can end a lot of your pushing movements should you tear a tendon. I know. If you find that they do start bothering the elbows stop them and replace witha different exercise for the triceps
    hOW LONG SHOULD I REST IN BETWEEN SETS?

  19. #19
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bakersfield CA
    Posts
    168
    Rep Points
    10

    I usually rest between 1-2 minutes, between each set and occassionaly i rest less than 1 minute for all exercises in a week but i only do that every month or 2 or if i'm not making any gains

  20. #20
    newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mansfield,OH
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10

    IM hearing alot about that p/rr/s cycle. What is that? Is it any good? Is it something a newbie like me could or should begin with?

  21. #21
    CRAPTASTIC!!!


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    88
    Rep Points
    10

    are you still gowing alot??? Muscle Extreme muscle growth in growing stages of your life can lead to tons of joint problems. At you age develop a good endurance base for a while(6 weeks) do sets of 10. IF you are done growing jump in both feet first. Remember your first 2 weeks of growth purely neurological

  22. #22
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    10

    eat soo much stuff.. loads of meat, fruit potatos healthy yougurts.. try and stay clear of junk food such as mcdonalds.. eat wholemeal bread too.

  23. #23
    newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mansfield,OH
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by BadassBeast
    IM hearing alot about that p/rr/s cycle. What is that? Is it any good? Is it something a newbie like me could or should begin with?
    Anyone...?

  24. #24
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977






    Quote Originally Posted by BadassBeast
    when you say 4x8 do you mean that my last rep should be the last rep I can do?
    Here is an example of my workout today: seated Dumbbell press, 80 Lbs for 8 the first set...I could have done 10...second set 8 again that was hard but I could have done 9, third set 8 and that was almost impossible and the 4th set I got only 6..... so 2 sets to failure and 2 sets to near failure.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Similar Threads

  1. newbie
    By islas pop in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 11:20 PM
  2. Newbie
    By ~D~ in forum New Members Begin Here!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 08:27 PM
  3. Newbie
    By islas pop in forum New Members Begin Here!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 05:44 AM
  4. Newbie, Hey everyone!
    By KyJef in forum New Members Begin Here!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 08:43 AM
  5. Just another Newbie
    By Illusion in forum New Members Begin Here!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 11:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->