• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fantasy Football League

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Starting to get excited about football. So hopefully I am going to start a fantasy football league with some friends. Can anyone recommend a place I can setup the league. Last year we did it on Yahoo? Preferably I would like it to be free. Any suggestions?

bump

I can give you the name of a good team that you should take a majority of your players from.

yahoo

Thanks!

Who would you guys draft first?
I was think Peyton Manning...
If he wasn't available I might skippy a QB the first round and got with Tomlinson.

This will be my first year in the Las Vegas league. It's a league of approximately 800 teams split into 12 team divisions. All the teams are playing for a grand prize of $500k plus free trip to next years Super Bowl. It's a bit pricey but will be a whole lot of fun. The draft will be held in Vegas the first Saturday of September. I can't wait.

007 said:
Thanks!

Who would you guys draft first?
I was think Peyton Manning...
If he wasn't available I might skippy a QB the first round and got with Tomlinson.

It all depends on what type of scoring system you're playing. I have to think they will go 1,2 in most drafts though.

Alexander will probably be up there...

IML Gear Cream!
Running Backs usually make up most of the first round and all of the first five picks.

Drafting a QB first is just nuts. You start 1 QB in FFL and at least 2 RB while each NFL team starts one of each. Stands to reason that RBs are much more scarce and therefore at a huge premium.

Looks like I will have the number one draft pick this year. Typically I would go for a RB, but I have the opportunity to take P. Manning... Would you do it?

Peyton Manning, while the best fantasy QB, should go no higher that 5th.

Taking him and leaving the big boy RBs out there is completely insane.

Our draft is tonight and Tomlinson, Alexander and Holmes will go 1-2-3.

Pepper said:
Peyton Manning, while the best fantasy QB, should go no higher that 5th.

Taking him and leaving the big boy RBs out there is completely insane.

Our draft is tonight and Tomlinson, Alexander and Holmes will go 1-2-3.
Thanks.. I think I am going to go with LT. My draft is on Sunday. What sucks it the draft is like an S and since I get number one I don't get another pick until #20.

007 said:
Thanks.. I think I am going to go with LT. My draft is on Sunday. What sucks it the draft is like an S and since I get number one I don't get another pick until #20.

That is how most drafts are run. I've got the seventh pick in a twelve team league. I would switch places with you in a heart beat!

I am talking Alexander with the #1 though I should take LT. I am a big Seahawks fan and my biggest rival/trashtalker is picking after me. I'd hate for him to have SA. I think SA could very easily have a better year than LT.

Picking with your heart is the biggest NO NO in fantasy. I'm sure you already know that.

I know my opinion on this isn't the popular one, but I would take Priest 2nd, and Alexander 3rd.

OK ..at my draft last night they went:

LT
SA
Priest
Edge
McGahee
Deuce
Domanick Davis
Peyton
Ahman
Dillon
TO (Stupid rookie mistake)
Marvin
Tiki
Rudi

Dude that is the first round right... not your team. I think mine will end up going the same. I don't think anyone will pick TO the first round, maybe not the second but then again we have a few rookies this year too.

IML Gear Cream!
Who did you get?

Pepper said:
OK ..at my draft last night they went:

LT
SA
Priest
Edge
McGahee
Deuce
Domanick Davis
Peyton
Ahman
Dillon
TO (Stupid rookie mistake)
Marvin
Tiki
Rudi

This is the first round.

I took D. Davis.

My mistake of the night: Vick in the fourth.

I am surprised to see McGahee go so high.

I guess the thinking is he had a good year last year and they are starting a rookie (essentially) at QB.

I would not have done it though.

Yeah not first round, I would have take Curtis Martin over McGahee.

Pepper said:
I guess the thinking is he had a good year last year and they are starting a rookie (essentially) at QB.

I would not have done it though.

Here's the sleeper I'm gonna try to get away with this Sunday at our draft. First round I'll take the highesst ranked RB left when my turn comes. In the second round, if he's left, I'm gonna snag Moss. Third round will be another RB and then in the fourth I'll get Kerry Collins. Figure with Moss and Collins I'll end up double dipping a ton of points. :thumb:

I think I am going with RB, RB then a WR. I think there will be plenty of good WRs left.

007 said:
I think I am going with RB, RB then a WR. I think there will be plenty of good WRs left.

Good? Yes. But not in the same league as Moss, Harrison or Holt. (Being from Philly, I don't acknowledge TO right now.)

Back