IronMag Research Chems


Cutting off cycle (is it possible?)

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,826
    Rep Points
    3426236

    Cutting off cycle (is it possible?)

    is it possible to cut in the period between cycles without losing a large amount of muscle mass?

    i have a holiday in 4 weeks, and i want to trim down a little, i'm currently 17% BF, and want to get below the 15% mark, 13-14% would be nice, aiming for 2lbs a week, just worried that i will lose more of my gains

    i went from 184 to 207 on my first cycle (5 weeks of dbol and test en.), dropped to 204 after the dbol, and now at the end of pct i'm around 198, bodyfat is still up at 17% though (it was 16.5% when i came off) and i can tell i really need to shift some

    i don't really want to run anything hormonal as i want my natty test to be in full flow for my hols, thinking about running some OTC fat burners, upping the cardio but keeping carbs at a reasonable level so not to lose too much size, obviously a high protein intake as well

    any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Back from the dead
    gococksDJS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,003
    Rep Points
    12006946

    ever thought about running clen? I gained a good amount of fat from my last test/EQ cycle, and have been using clen in 2 weeks increments for the past 2 months. It's no miracle fat loss drug, but I haven't noticed any drop in strength despite the fact that I cut my cals. Im still taking in a good amount of protein and doing at least 20min. of cardio 5 days a week. For me the sides haven't been bad at all even though im keeping it around 120mcg ED.

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,826
    Rep Points
    3426236

    Quote Originally Posted by gococksDJS
    ever thought about running clen? I gained a good amount of fat from my last test/EQ cycle, and have been using clen in 2 weeks increments for the past 2 months. It's no miracle fat loss drug, but I haven't noticed any drop in strength despite the fact that I cut my cals. Im still taking in a good amount of protein and doing at least 20min. of cardio 5 days a week. For me the sides haven't been bad at all even though im keeping it around 120mcg ED.
    well i have some clen and keto on me, i've heard about the effects of clen on the heart though and that kinda puts me off it (along with the sides), i guess i could run a low dose for a couple of weeks before my hols, i'm only looking to lose about 5-6lbs of fat, just concerned about muscle loss, but i guess clen is anti-catabolic so it might be a good idea

    so how much fat would you say you are dropping a week on the clen? are you running ECA or anything on the off weeks? do you notice any crash or sides when you drop off the clen?

  4. #4
    Back from the dead
    gococksDJS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,003
    Rep Points
    12006946

    Quote Originally Posted by young d
    well i have some clen and keto on me, i've heard about the effects of clen on the heart though and that kinda puts me off it (along with the sides), i guess i could run a low dose for a couple of weeks before my hols, i'm only looking to lose about 5-6lbs of fat, just concerned about muscle loss, but i guess clen is anti-catabolic so it might be a good idea

    so how much fat would you say you are dropping a week on the clen? are you running ECA or anything on the off weeks? do you notice any crash or sides when you drop off the clen?
    The first two weeks I started at 20mcg ED and worked up to 100mcg, then did use ECA the two weeks in between. The second 2 weeks I started at 80mcg and have gone as high as 150 in 2 divided doses, and have had no insomnia or unbearable sides. The increase in sweating is a little embarassing because I work in an analytical chemistry lab and when I get here in the morning it looks like I just ran a marathon. When the dose gets above 100mcg, I stick to fairly low intensity cardio because I could feel the effect of the clen when I did high intensity cardio. It's hard to follow my weight loss by the week because it's not drastic but i'd say in the 7 weeks since I began, ive probably dropped around 7-8 lbs. When I came off my last cycle, I was around 212, started using clen when I was around 205 and am around 196-197 right now. Although I eat a fairly clean diet, I would see better results if I cleaned it up a bit, but I do keep my protein intake high. IMO the anti-catabolic effect of clen is the one ive noticed the most. Although my endurance is down when compared to being on test/EQ, my strenght gains haven't dropped since I started using clen despite the calorie cut, which is nice.

  5. #5
    Back from the dead
    gococksDJS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,003
    Rep Points
    12006946

    Oh I forgot to mention, I do get the shakes but they go away a few hours after I take it.

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,826
    Rep Points
    3426236

    seems like the clen is working very well for you, i am definately considering running it now, the anti-catabolic effect is certainly the most appealing aspect of the clen for me as the last time i cut was after my 1-ad pct with eca and i could not stop losing muscle! i ended up smaller after 3 weeks of cutting then i did before my cycle! so obviously cutting off cycle is something which i really am rather reluctant to do, but its the summer, i can't be looking fat on my hols!

    i'm thinking of this, running the clen in the 2 weeks just before my hols...
    day1: 20mcg
    day2: 40mcg
    day3: 60mcg
    day4: 60mcg
    day5: 80mcg
    day6: 80mcg
    day7-14: 80-100mcg(depending on sides)

    should i taper down the clen dose before i come off? any withdrawl symptoms of clen? is it cool to take all of my dose upon waking up (i work out in the evenings and i've heard to take clen away from workouts due to the sides)

    so gococks you got no sides apart from the sweats? any anxiety or sleeping issues?

  7. #7
    Back from the dead
    gococksDJS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,003
    Rep Points
    12006946

    Quote Originally Posted by young d
    seems like the clen is working very well for you, i am definately considering running it now, the anti-catabolic effect is certainly the most appealing aspect of the clen for me as the last time i cut was after my 1-ad pct with eca and i could not stop losing muscle! i ended up smaller after 3 weeks of cutting then i did before my cycle! so obviously cutting off cycle is something which i really am rather reluctant to do, but its the summer, i can't be looking fat on my hols!

    i'm thinking of this, running the clen in the 2 weeks just before my hols...
    day1: 20mcg
    day2: 40mcg
    day3: 60mcg
    day4: 60mcg
    day5: 80mcg
    day6: 80mcg
    day7-14: 80-100mcg(depending on sides)

    should i taper down the clen dose before i come off? any withdrawl symptoms of clen? is it cool to take all of my dose upon waking up (i work out in the evenings and i've heard to take clen away from workouts due to the sides)

    so gococks you got no sides apart from the sweats? any anxiety or sleeping issues?
    sorry it took me so long to respond, i was out of town for the weekend. I started at 20mcg and went all the way up to 100 my first time, but now I usually go up to 140-150. I take it in one dose because I found that splitting it affected my workout if I took it a few hours before heading to the gym. The sides I experienced were the shakes and sweating and thats about it. I've never had any trouble sleeping or anxiety.

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,826
    Rep Points
    3426236

    Quote Originally Posted by gococksDJS
    sorry it took me so long to respond, i was out of town for the weekend. I started at 20mcg and went all the way up to 100 my first time, but now I usually go up to 140-150. I take it in one dose because I found that splitting it affected my workout if I took it a few hours before heading to the gym. The sides I experienced were the shakes and sweating and thats about it. I've never had any trouble sleeping or anxiety.
    no problem bro thanks for getting back to me

    currently on my 3rd day of clen ATM, did 20mcg, 40mcg, and today 60mcg, tomorrow i'll hit 80mcg

    so far only side i've noticed is the shakes, no sweating as of yet, how long did it take for the sweats to kick in?

    also when you tried to do intense cardio what did you feel? and what do your low-intensity cardio sessions consist of?

  9. #9
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,366
    Rep Points
    974265240

    Quote Originally Posted by young d
    the anti-catabolic effect is certainly the most appealing aspect of the clen for me
    the anti-catabolic effects of clen are severely overrated. don't drop your cals too low. make sure to eat your meals on a regular schedule. if you can afford it 10-20 grams/day of BCAA's help a lot when dieting down
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  10. #10
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,826
    Rep Points
    3426236

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM
    the anti-catabolic effects of clen are severely overrated. don't drop your cals too low. make sure to eat your meals on a regular schedule. if you can afford it 10-20 grams/day of BCAA's help a lot when dieting down
    i'll try that LAM thanks, i can get BCAA powder in bulk over here for not such a bad price, tastes pretty wretched though, should i just add it to shakes/meals in 5g installments?

  11. #11
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,366
    Rep Points
    974265240

    Quote Originally Posted by young d
    should i just add it to shakes/meals in 5g installments?
    you can do it like that or take 1/2 pre WO and 1/2 post WO. on non weight training days you can take it pre and post cardio (if you do cardio on those days). many ways to utilize BCAA's
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,826
    Rep Points
    3426236

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM
    you can do it like that or take 1/2 pre WO and 1/2 post WO. on non weight training days you can take it pre and post cardio (if you do cardio on those days). many ways to utilize BCAA's
    i'll take 10g immediately before and after my workouts then, i'm currently doing a little cardio at the end of my weights sessions, i'm hitting the weights 6 times a day right now (chest,lats+traps,calves+abs,delts,bis+tris,quads+ calves+abs,rest), next week i plan to add some morning cardio in on top of that schedule, just don't have the energy for any long workouts when dieting, esp. without any eph. in me hence i keep them short and frequent (same as bulking, seems to work better for myself at the moment - going to the gym everyday and just smashing one bodypart)

    could i add ephedrine in before cardio and/or weights sessions for a mental and metabolic boost? if not what about OTC fat burners? still got some lipo-6 left over from my last cut? will they help at all whilst i'm on the clen?

  13. #13
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Mudge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,483
    Rep Points
    121800058

    Simply dropping carbs, and sodium, will cut water retention causing "mass loss."

    So cutting off gear will cause a double loss of "mass."

  14. #14
    Did you use anti-e or arimidex
    "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal) in Silence of the Lambs (1991)

  15. #15
    I heard from a veteran when on a cycle you should try not to get past 15% bf mainly because of how hard it is to recover when cutting. The only reason I say that is b/c you are on a d-bol test-Enanthate cycle which everyone know will cause water retention and fatty deposits.
    "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal) in Silence of the Lambs (1991)

  16. #16
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Mudge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,483
    Rep Points
    121800058

    Some people never bulk past even 10% bodyfat, everyone chooses a different path. There are good reasons not to get past 12% or so, i.e. insulin resistant muscles and insulin sensative fat stores that just make the problem continue to get worse.

    Testosterone and dbol dont make you fat.

Similar Threads

  1. Cutting cycle
    By nby in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 01:39 PM
  2. cutting cycle
    By Pulsated Pec in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 12:59 AM
  3. Cutting Cycle
    By OfficerFarva in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 05:08 PM
  4. cutting cycle
    By kwanger in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->