Trying to clean out my digestive system...

Rep Points

Trying to clean out my digestive system...

Ok for three days or so I need foods that are easy on the digestive system because I want to basically clean it out....I am going to be tons of fruits because they are easy to digest....if I am correct.

For protein I was thinking whey shakes were the best thing...

Do you guys have any suggestions as to what foods I can eat that are easy on my digestive system?

Rep Points

Why do you want to "clean it out"?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mit37
    Ok for three days or so I need foods that are easy on the digestive system because I want to basically clean it out....I am going to be tons of fruits because they are easy to digest....if I am correct.

For protein I was thinking whey shakes were the best thing...

Do you guys have any suggestions as to what foods I can eat that are easy on my digestive system?
    I think you should eat lots of celery and lettuce, which are known as 'roughage', and are good at cleaning out your digestive system.
    IMA BEAST

Rep Points

mexican is good for that or indian

Rep Points

a juice fast will do the trick but don't go more than 3-4 days.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

the unbanned

Rep Points

just have fibre every morning, shredded wheat is an excellent cereal in the morn and it will clean you out!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi
    a juice fast will do the trick but don't go more than 3-4 days.
    Could you maybe give more details about this? What it is... why it's good... etc?

195 @ 10%
    B/S/D:320/385/445

Rep Points

It's good to detox the body every now and then. In all the foods that we eat unless you always eat organic there are lots of chemicals and crap that can get built up in your system. By having an organic juice fasting every now and then it cleans your body out and the liver being the most important.

To juice fast you just buy either organic 100% juices with the pulp or make your own from fresh organic fruits. Drink those in place of meals for 3 days. You feel like total crap from a mix of lack of food but moreso because your body is ridding itself of the toxins.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

It's good to detox the body every now and then. In all the foods that we eat unless you always eat organic there are lots of chemicals and crap that can get built up in your system. By having an organic juice fasting every now and then it cleans your body out and the liver being the most important.

To juice fast you just buy either organic 100% juices with the pulp or make your own from fresh organic fruits. Drink those in place of meals for 3 days. You feel like total crap from a mix of lack of food but moreso because your body is ridding itself of the toxins.

Yeah exactly what I intended to do...but I never thought of making it pure organic...great idea....I can def feel that I need a detox...and fasting cleans out the colon which is very important, since that prevents all types of diseases mainly cancer.

Do you think I would be able to drink natural protein shakes...the ones that are unflavored and 100% natural?

Rep Points

Is this not bad for maintaining muscle?
    195 @ 10%
    B/S/D:320/385/445

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mit37
    Yeah exactly what I intended to do...but I never thought of making it pure organic...great idea....I can def feel that I need a detox...and fasting cleans out the colon which is very important, since that prevents all types of diseases mainly cancer.

Do you think I would be able to drink natural protein shakes...the ones that are unflavored and 100% natural?
    No, I'd skip the protein.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by drew.haynes
    Is this not bad for maintaining muscle?
    It's 3 days. it's not like you are fasting for weeks on end. You would lose very little muscle and I mean very little.

Rep Points

Have some yogurt!!

Rep Points

Just curious...when you do a juice fast do you try to consume your normal amount of calories, just in juice...or do your calories drop drastically as well? It seems like you would have to drink a whole lot of juice in order to meet your caloric needs.

Rep Points

No, I'd skip the protein.

Cool thanks Jodi.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by luke77
    Just curious...when you do a juice fast do you try to consume your normal amount of calories, just in juice...or do your calories drop drastically as well? It seems like you would have to drink a whole lot of juice in order to meet your caloric needs.

Well you are not really supposed to care about calories. Just drink as much as you feel. The whole point is that your digestive system has been working hard and it needs a break. Also there might be chemicals and food remains that never properly went through the digestive system. They tend to clog up mainly the colon.

You might break out and get a fever and feel weak because like Jodi said your body is flushing out toxins. After a week though you when you prob are fully recovered, you will feel much much better. More energized and in a better mood.

This is my first juice fast, but I have been doing some reading on it. I will post when I start and end, and let you guys know of the results.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Salads, lots of green salads with multiple varieties of lettuce and other greens.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012